Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, Templar said:

Can't disagree we have been better at the back recently but going 3 at the back with McCart will leak goals

How the f**k could you know this?

Stick to watching Saints tv m8.

You do know it could also change to 5 when we receive sustained pressure? So throwing in another defender, one who is left footed, which we don't have already is going to leak goals? 

It's another option, he's young and if he succeeds could have a resale value, exactly the type we should be picking up.

14 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

You do know it could also change to 5 when we receive sustained pressure? So throwing in another defender, one who is left footed, which we don't have already is going to leak goals? 

It's another option, he's young and if he succeeds could have a resale value, exactly the type we should be picking up.

I for one,  am extremely pleased with this signing 

43 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I'm not wanting to appear condescending but it's exactly the type of signing St Johnstone should be making. Better players from the league below who they feel can make the step up with potential to get better.

RG ❤️ 21-24yo signings with ~80-150 senior games 

I don’t actually think that Templar understands football formations, Tam, so we should take it easy on him. In his mind, there is no such thing as a 4-3-2-1, 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-1-1. All of these formations are actually 4-5-1 and this makes us an extremely negative, defensive team.

36 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Exactly. Like your soon to be winger. I’m glad we’re going down the road of signing young players and keeping a body of experienced players to help them develop. 

Yip. We were interested in him a few years ago but never offered him anything. I'm sure he'd have been on less for a contract renewal than he'll cost to sign.

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

I'm not wanting to appear condescending but it's exactly the type of signing St Johnstone should be making. Better players from the league below who they feel can make the step up with potential to get better.

Not condescending at all. 

Were either in the market for players like him who are younger and looking for a step up or players who've lost their way a bit. MOH as an example.

Were never going to sign a proven goal scorer at this level. Someone who is very likely to score 20 goals or a defender in his prime that's played 200 plus games at this level, knows the league etc. 

That’s county just paid 100k for Oli Shaw.  I wish we would sign someone. Not all that confident about tonight’s match, hopefully we can pick up a positive result and if we don’t hopefully it pressures us into doing something in the transfer market. 

Liam Craig starting tonight, when was the last time he played? 

4 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Kilmarnock I think, and he was very good that night. 

Only surprise is MOH instead of Spoony, personally I'm fairly happy with that. 

I'm also glad we didn't pay £100k for Olly Shaw. 

Yeah it was Kilmarnock.  Strange tommy didn’t give Liam some game time on Saturday since he knew Muzz was suspended .  No chance of us paying £100 for anyone, never mind £100k 

I'm sure Shaw and Hendry have virtually identical ages, and almost identical goals per game averages in the top flight.

Spanking a six figure fee on him would be one of the most pointless signings we could possibly make.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm sure Shaw and Hendry have virtually identical ages, and almost identical goals per game averages in the top flight.

Spanking a six figure fee on him would be one of the most pointless signings we could possibly make.

I was never suggesting we should sign shaw. I was just pointing out our rivals are making signings and spending money 

Just now, Dick Van Dyke said:

I was never suggesting we should sign shaw. I was just pointing out our rivals are making signings and spending money 

I dont think you can judge us in relation to County who, let's be honest, aren't shy in spending money.

Speculation in the past has them paying £100k for Draper, and £80k for Donaldson. Add £100k for Shaw and that's almost £300k.

It's just silly.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

I dont think you can judge us in relation to County who, let's be honest, aren't shy in spending money.

Speculation in the past has them paying £100k for Draper, and £80k for Donaldson. Add £100k for Shaw and that's almost £300k.

It's just silly.

You can judge on this window alone that they know they have needed to bring players in and have. We haven’t done anything. I’m not suggesting we run around signing players for 100k but how can our league rivals afford fees and wages and we can’t afford anyone ? 

You can judge on this window alone that they know they have needed to bring players in and have. We haven’t done anything. I’m not suggesting we run around signing players for 100k but how can our league rivals afford fees and wages and we can’t afford anyone ? 
They're subsidised by a billionaire which helps. Let us take the moral high ground and caress it as we sink into oblivion.

4 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

how can our league rivals afford fees and wages and we can’t afford anyone ? 

Heres their losses per year, from their accounts...

2018 - Loss of £232k

2017 - Loss of £1.4m

2016 - Loss of £849k

2015 - Loss of £1.6m

2014 - Loss of £380k

£4.46m worth of losses in that period, not including the results for 2019, and they're spending £200k this window (so far).

Try and figure out why St Johnstone aren't copying Ross County.

3 minutes ago, Doctor said:

When was the last time Saints made money from a player transfer?

First one that comes to mind is MOH to Rangers.

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Heres their losses per year, from their accounts...

2018 - Loss of £232k

2017 - Loss of £1.4m

2016 - Loss of £849k

2015 - Loss of £1.6m

2014 - Loss of £380k

£4.46m worth of losses in that period, not including the results for 2019, and they're spending £200k this window (so far).

Try and figure out why St Johnstone aren't copying Ross County.

What about st.mirren? They’ve paid fees for players in the last few years 

Just now, Dick Van Dyke said:

What about st.mirren? They’ve paid fees for players in the last few years 

They've raked at least a million from the John McGinn sell on clause. I'm sure they also got money for Kyle McAllister in recent years too.