Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

4 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

“ at the minute our focus is probably leaning more towards getting people out, rather than getting people in “  

that was what he said. 

The full quote is:

''I think we do need another defender in because Madis will probably leave in this window so we need somebody to come in. We need somebody who I believe has got experience and can go into the team. That hasn't changed. We're still looking. At the minute our focus is probably leaning more towards getting people out, rather than getting people in.''

Unless you're a tabloid journalist, you really shouldn't be selecting a very small part of the quote in an attempt to make the situation seem more negative than it actually is. The situation is as we've always known it to be. We need to get players out in order to get players in. Your initial post suggested that we have absolutely no plans to get players in.

1 minute ago, The Real Saints said:

The full quote is:

''I think we do need another defender in because Madis will probably leave in this window so we need somebody to come in. We need somebody who I believe has got experience and can go into the team. That hasn't changed. We're still looking. At the minute our focus is probably leaning more towards getting people out, rather than getting people in.''

Unless you're a tabloid journalist, you really shouldn't be selecting a very small part of the quote in an attempt to make the situation seem more negative than it actually is. The situation is as we've always known it to be. We need to get players out in order to get players in. Your initial post suggested that we have absolutely no plans to get players in.

I probably should have added ‘ at the moment ‘ to the end of post, that might have been better. You saying hasn’t said that at all is wrong though 

I know who you are. We held hands at a semi final once and it's a moment that I'll never forget. :wub: 

But yes I took the comments to be more nuanced in respect of a new centre back. Vihmann will go in this window, we want a centre back but we're waiting for players to go out before others can come in. Sounded more certain in the respect of Vihmann going and also that a new centre back would follow, one would lead onto the other.

2 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

I probably should have added ‘ at the moment ‘ to the end of post, that might have been better. You saying hasn’t said that at all is wrong though 

Listen, take a nap and come back in a more positive frame of mind. I've just clicked on your profile in order to have a look at your most recent posts and now I'm tempted to throw myself out of a window. Your only remotely positive post included the unforgivable misuse of the word 'adverse'.  

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'd send you a request but I'm trying to avoid @tree house tam finding out who I am.

Mate, I know where you stay, what car you drive, the colour of your kitchen, how long your grass is, what you do with that dog at the dark end of seven acres, the list is endless. I'd prefer not to but I go up that road quite a fucking lot.

Also tell your missus to trim that bush.

7 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Listen, take a nap and come back in a more positive frame of mind. I've just clicked on your profile in order to have a look at your most recent posts and now I'm tempted to throw myself out of a window. Your only remotely positive post included the unforgivable misuse of the word 'adverse'.  

Sorry to be the first person on here to have a spelling mistake. Thanks for pointing that out *averse 

6 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Mate, I know where you stay, what car you drive, the colour of your kitchen, how long your grass is, what you do with that dog at the dark end of seven acres, the list is endless. I'd prefer not to but I go up that road quite a fucking lot.

Also tell your missus to trim that bush.

Dont lie Tam, I caught you on CCTV last night...

Spoiler

27240887_tenor(21).gif.9e02eb5f74dd1b8b707c5d5487ed7381.gif

Edited by RandomGuy.

58 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

I have no idea, but the extra OF ticket revenue should hopefully have taken pressure off any budget concerns around any non-player operational costs. I expect that cash was budgeted anyway and they held off announcing until as late as possible.

I think the OF ticket money will cover last season's losses hopefully most of this year as well. Would hopefully then mean that it doesn't mean a reduction of playing budget next season if we manage to break even. 

Your second point. I think you're right. I think after the last OF game and pitiful Saints fans turn out that was the last straw.

I know they've been swithering about doing it for a while so personally wasn't surprised by it eventually happening. 

13 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Dont lie Tam, I caught you on CCTV last night...

Reveal hidden contents

27240887_tenor(21).gif.9e02eb5f74dd1b8b707c5d5487ed7381.gif

That's Magee no me.

I must say that Random told me where he lived by the way, just getting that out there lads.

8 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

^^^ Beast. 

I may or may not resemble this remark.

Jealous wee toad.

See actively in the thread and I find this.....

Tam go and just shag Random, it’s what you both clearly want!

Anyway, I’m sad Vihmann didn’t work out, he had all the potential to be a big mental Eastern European monster, shame he lacked any sort of technical ability. For a guy with 19 caps he was very, very disappointing. At least Sanel Jahic has some ability to play and didn’t look totally useless.

48 minutes ago, Widge said:

Anyway, I’m sad Vihmann didn’t work out, he had all the potential to be a big mental Eastern European monster, shame he lacked any sort of technical ability. For a guy with 19 caps he was very, very disappointing. At least Sanel Jahic has some ability to play and didn’t look totally useless.

Na, not my type.

Vihmann on paper looked a signing. It hasn't worked so get him out and move on to the next one, fingers crossed Tommy will actually have  been sober enough to see him play.

1 hour ago, Widge said:

Safe to say the level required to get into the Bosnia & H side is significantly higher than the Estonian team as well. 

He was poor. Although I'm sure he is capable of a bit better than he's shown but didn't work for him for whatever reason. Nerves, confidence, belief or whatever it might be. 

That's us now the only top flight side who have no new signings.

Window shuts at midnight on the 31st.

Edited by RandomGuy.

On 30/11/2019 at 19:46, RandomGuy. said:

It's going to be the most frustrating window ever. No chance we get players in early, and we'll probably discover 3 days from the deadline we still need to cut the wage bill before anyone can come in.

^ kens

11 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Ffs stop moaning,  there's still 3 possibly 4 to go out first.

2 points off potential relegation 🤷‍♂️

Worst squad this decade 🤷‍♂️

No defensive depth 🤷‍♂️

Lost your main attacking threat 🤷‍♂️

Three week break during window now over 🤷‍♂️

Cant wait to be told how the club is "waiting for the right player" again, as it worked well in the Summer. Closer to 10 days left of the window, with 3 games during that time.

Edited by RandomGuy.