Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I wouldnt be too happy if we end up with McLennan on loan. A clear downgrade and it doesnt help us at all really.

Appreciate the club might be forced to just accept anything though due to the circumstances. 

25 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

No need to be a dick 

I'm not being a dick. You asked a question that only the club can answer - seems fair to say that they'll be best placed to answer your question.

28 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I wouldnt be too happy if we end up with McLennan on loan. A clear downgrade and it doesnt help us at all really.

Appreciate the club might be forced to just accept anything though due to the circumstances. 

Need to play the long game with this one, we coach up McLennan and he delivers us top 6 and the Scottish Cup, Aberdeen are dying to take him back but he ends up replacing Kennedy next season.

We can then spend the entire Summer hyping up a possible Kennedy return which ends up being a 6 month loan, we get him going again and he returns to Aberdeen in January  a rejuvenated player, and the whole cycle can start again.

Have we got any former players that we haven't tried to re-sign yet? I'm guessing Shaughnessy will be the next one

6 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I'm not being a dick. You asked a question that only the club can answer - seems fair to say that they'll be best placed to answer your question.

Ok sorry, do people think that if we get a fee for Kennedy that we will reinvest it in the squad?   Is that better? 

12 minutes ago, steviemay17 said:

Need to play the long game with this one, we coach up McLennan and he delivers us top 6 and the Scottish Cup, Aberdeen are dying to take him back but he ends up replacing Kennedy next season.

We can then spend the entire Summer hyping up a possible Kennedy return which ends up being a 6 month loan, we get him going again and he returns to Aberdeen in January  a rejuvenated player, and the whole cycle can start again.

Have we got any former players that we haven't tried to re-sign yet? I'm guessing Shaughnessy will be the next one

Shaughnessy or Maclean. A Macca return on deadline day - after hearts have signed 3 or 4 high quality players - is my guess. 

50 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

Ok sorry, do people think that if we get a fee for Kennedy that we will reinvest it in the squad?   Is that better? 

I have no idea, but the extra OF ticket revenue should hopefully have taken pressure off any budget concerns around any non-player operational costs. I expect that cash was budgeted anyway and they held off announcing until as late as possible. 

I would also hope that Tommy is given 'eat what you kill' flexibility, so that any cost savings or revenues relating to players would be ringfenced for the squad ,so that as long as he's operating inside his agreed budget it's all fine and dandy. As above, my theory here is that the additional ticket cash makes up operating losses so we don't need to reduce squad costs. 

But honestly, no idea. Let's just wait and see.

Also @tree house tam Anderson was my first thought. If we can get him on a swap I'd do that deal assuming wages are acceptable. Anderson, Hendry and May as options is considerably more attractive than Kane, Hendry and May. However the Aberdeen fans are pretty emphatic he won't go. 

As far as CB's go, I'd like to think that we can secure someone for Callachan's wages and if we need to replace Kennedy like for like I'm sure we could get one of the better off Championship teams to take Swanson. Would probably be a good move for him too as it's not working for him at McDairmid. Alternatively we play him for a while as Matty's replacement. I think either way Matty leaving is probably good news for Danny. 

Tommy saying he thinks Madis Vihmann will leave this window and we’re concentrating on getting people out rather than in 

I mean... he hasn’t said that at all, has he? He has said that Madis Vihmann will likely be leaving and he wants to replace him with an experienced defender.

1 minute ago, The Real Saints said:

I mean... he hasn’t said that at all, has he? He has said that Madis Vihmann will likely be leaving and he wants to be replace him with an experienced defender.

First thought there is the obvious, that we're working on a deal for Berra and once that's done Vihmann will be off home.

9 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

I mean... he hasn’t said that at all, has he? He has said that Madis Vihmann will likely be leaving and he wants to replace him with an experienced defender.

“ at the minute our focus is probably leaning more towards getting people out, rather than getting people in “  

that was what he said.