Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

So if we don’t sign anyone and Kennedy stays. 
say Kennedy got injured and missed 5/6 I think we’d have plenty cover and would still back us to pick up a few positive results. I couldn’t  say the same if Kerr or Gordon were to be out for 5/6 games. I genuinely believe unless he does a major u turn and signs a new deal with us then he should go now so we can strengthen in the areas needed 

I think I'd be keeping him until we know we can't get rid of Vihmann/Callachan/Swanson/McMillan.

9 minutes ago, The Marly said:

We must know whether or not we can get rid of Vihmann.

Yeah it's a weird one, convinced the rules mean he can play a different team to us or his parent club, and there surely must be a way we can get rid of him?

Only logic is hes staying until we get another CB signed up, just incase we cant get anyone and hes better than nothing.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yeah it's a weird one, convinced the rules mean he can play a different team to us or his parent club, and there surely must be a way we can get rid of him?

Only logic is hes staying until we get another CB signed up, just incase we cant get anyone and hes better than nothing.

Is he really though? 

Taking it well. 

6 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

Kennedy signed pre contract with dons but will stay until end of the season. Fucking shambles 

I'm not really sure how it's a fucking shambles? Players leave. This belief that if they offered him a deal 6 months ago he'd have signed it is somewhat misplaced. He signed for Saints to put himself in the shop window. If he really wanted to stay he still had the opportunity to do so. 

The whole situation with Vihmann struck me as strange from the start.He was a regular starter with Flora and the Estonian National team but they decided to loan him to a Norwegian club.When that did not work out he was loaned to us..There must be a reason(Financial or otherwise) why they dont want him...

6 minutes ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

The whole situation with Vihmann struck me as strange from the start.He was a regular starter with Flora and the Estonian National team but they decided to loan him to a Norwegian club.When that did not work out he was loaned to us..There must be a reason(Financial or otherwise) why they dont want him...

Speculating here but maybe they hoped he did well and someone paid a fee for him. No one is going to pay a fee for someone no matter how well they're playing for Flora. 

Just a guess though. He is an odd signing in many ways.

9 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Taking it well. 

I'm not really sure how it's a fucking shambles? Players leave. This belief that if they offered him a deal 6 months ago he'd have signed it is somewhat misplaced. He signed for Saints to put himself in the shop window. If he really wanted to stay he still had the opportunity to do so. 

I don’t think anyone has said Kennedy would have automatically signed a new deal if it had been offered 6 months ago, but anyone with any common sense would surely have offered him something in the past 12 months  before he could talk to other clubs 

FWIW once we reached January and he hadnt extended his deal, it was pretty clear he'd be gone. One positive is it's over and done with quickly, and we now have 6 months to sign a replacement if TW desires. 

Nothing worse than it dragging on until the bitter end 

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

FWIW once we reached January and he hadnt extended his deal, it was pretty clear he'd be gone. One positive is it's over and done with quickly, and we now have 6 months to sign a replacement if TW desires. 

Nothing worse than it dragging on until the bitter end 

You know fine we’ll be starting next season with no replacement in place. We still haven’t replaced fucking shaughnessy