Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

If he does go this window you can almost guarantee it will be for 'Undisclosed Fee' and we will be left speculating what is was. 

I can't see us letting him go because neither Hearts or Aberdeen are likely to offer more than a 5 figure sum - however there might be a decision to make if we were offered the chance to sell him cheaply but with a sell-on clause included.     

Edited by PSJSaint

42 minutes ago, PSJSaint said:

If he does go this window you can almost guarantee it will be for 'Undisclosed Fee' and we will be left speculating what is was. 

I can't see us letting him go because neither Hearts or Aberdeen are likely to offer more than a 5 figure sum - however there might be a decision to make if we were offered the chance to sell him cheaply but with a sell-on clause included.     

Don't worry. You'd find out in around three years time when Random and Ali are having a Friday evening row over it.

2 hours ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

Why are people talking about Kennedy like he’s Messi? He’s been a great player us but him leaving doesn’t automatically mean we’ll be relegated. Maybe not trying to force every move through Kennedy might benefit the rest of the team

We're the lowest scorers in the league, Kennedy is our second top scorer and has 3 times as many assists as anyone else in our squad.

Hard to understand why people want to keep him tbqh. 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

We're the lowest scorers in the league, Kennedy is our second top scorer and has 3 times as many assists as anyone else in our squad.

I can see his point though. When Kennedy's on fire he's fantastic. But when he's not playing so well we still try to go through him. Against St Mirren - 90 minutes that I'd love to get back - you could see Wright drifting in from one wing to pass to Kennedy on the other. To no effect.

That said, I agree with others that we shouldn't be accepting anything short of six figures for him.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Obviously I’d want him to stay but I think people are over reacting to the thought of him leaving. Him leaving doesn’t automatically relegate us. We have an abundance of wingers so one leaving and getting some money isn’t the end of the world 

2 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

It may the only way we get someone in is by Kennedy going ?
Doesn't sound like there is much interest in our out of favour players

Can't say I'm surprised. They're all pretty shite or on a high wage.

I'd keep him unless the deal is right for us. This is a hill I'm prepared to die on.

Edited by Kyle

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

Can't say I'm surprised. They're all pretty shite or on a high wage.

I'd keep him unless the deal is right for us. This is a hill I'm prepared to die on.

Dundee's interest in Ross C might return (if it wasn't just paper havour in the first instance) if they lose a central midfielder in Jan. Dorrans linked with a move. 

IMG_3756.jpg

The above is why we do need to keep Kennedy, the fact he’s set up the third most chances in the league in a team struggling to score goals is pretty telling. Imagine if he had a striker able to put the ball in the net.

Tbf to McInes those stats suggest he’s Taylor made for Cosgrove.

3 hours ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Dundee's interest in Ross C might return (if it wasn't just paper havour in the first instance) if they lose a central midfielder in Jan. Dorrans linked with a move. 

Queens interested in Ross C. as well but will probable have to wait to see if Dundee want him  

Hopefully Kane  Clark and Kerr tell him Queens is a great place to play and get going again

27 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Queens interested in Ross C. as well but will probable have to wait to see if Dundee want him  

Hopefully Kane  Clark and Kerr tell him Queens is a great place to play and get going again

Here’s hoping you get him. He’s one of a few players we need off the books to strengthen the squad.

The man is a trier. I don’t think he’s anywhere near technically good enough for the top flight - his first touch in particular is far too erratic - but he’ll definitely give a team energy and drive in the middle.  Sooner he moves on the better for all concerned I think. 

51 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

23 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Here’s hoping you get him.

I hope you get him too, don't need that dross in our squad.