Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Ignoring on the pitch stuff, then the main complaint I have is they dont try and keep you as a fan/tempt you to games.
My experience is causing that opinion.
I dont have a season ticket, but ever since the online ticketing has come in I've used it to buy tickets for home games, maybe once or twice I havent early on. Every time I do this I enter my name, address, email address and click a wee box asking I want to recieve emails from the club about promotions/offers/events.
I've had a Saints TV subscription since it came out. Requires your name, address and emain address again.
If I go into the club for a ticket for an OF game, they tell me I'm not on the clubs database. I've never once had an email from the club beyond them emailing me the match ticket. Never had anything through my door. To the club, I dont exist.
I'm a regular fan who's email address is known to them through two different services, and who tells them it every single week, yet I'd have no idea half season tickets were for sale if I didnt go onto their Twitter. They should be peppering me with emails, if I dont buy a ticket for a few games I should be getting those annoying "miss you" emails.
Stuff like that makes them come across as if theres a lack of real effort. Like the initial idea is there but it's never actually followed through.
People are different though Random. I also use the online ticket purchasing facility. If I missed a couple of games and was getting peppered with "miss you " emails then it would just annoy the f**k out of me. If people need wee reminders to go to the fitba then it's unlikely to become a way of life to them.

Correct. You can’t quantify that sort of thing.

If you take Murray Davidson’s number, he had a shot from about three yards out against Rangers in the centre of the goal that almost entirely crossed the line only for it to be miraculously Stopped by a defender and cleared. That would be worth about 0.97 xG or something massive like that, or in other words more than 1/3 of his total. That in then makes it look like he’s missed a hatful of chances when he in reality hasn’t.

I think it has some use as a stat but it can also be misleading.

8 minutes ago, The Marly said:
2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:
Ignoring on the pitch stuff, then the main complaint I have is they dont try and keep you as a fan/tempt you to games.
I dont have a season ticket, but ever since the online ticketing has come in I've used it to buy tickets for home games, maybe once or twice I havent early on. Every time I do this I enter my name, address, email address and click a wee box asking I want to recieve emails from the club about promotions/offers/events.
I've had a Saints TV subscription since it came out. Requires your name, address and emain address again.
If I go into the club for a ticket for an OF game, they tell me I'm not on the clubs database. I've never once had an email from the club beyond them emailing me the match ticket. Never had anything through my door. To the club, I dont exist.
I'm a regular fan who's email address is known to them through two different services, and who tells them it every single week, yet I'd have no idea half season tickets were for sale if I didnt go onto their Twitter. They should be peppering me with emails, if I dont buy a ticket for a few games I should be getting those annoying "miss you" emails.
Stuff like that makes them come across as if theres a lack of real effort. Like the initial idea is there but it's never actually followed through.

People are different though Random. I also use the online ticket purchasing facility. If I missed a couple of games and was getting peppered with "miss you " emails then it would just annoy the f**k out of me. If people need wee reminders to go to the fitba then it's unlikely to become a way of life to them.

I don't think his point was literally that he wants the club to email him 'miss you' messages if he's doesn't buy a ticket.  I think the point is that he's registered with them countless times and to them as a customer he doesn't exist.  Why should he have to go through that process every single time.  And the saintstv one is a pain in the eres, I rarely go on it as I can't remember my password so don't bother looking it out and going on a lot of the time.  They could be sending Saints merchandise email promos in the build upto Christmas to upto 10000 - 15000 affiliated folk and rake in a fair amount of money, but there's f**k all.

Same with the half ST example given a few posts ago. It's very basic stuff to get right, just needs someone to get a grip of it.  As has been said for years.

I dread season ticket renewal time. I've had issues just getting a hold of the fucking thing in 4 of the last 5 seasons, each time it's been a different issue. Agree the club need to do more in terms of contacting people who have given their email addresses etc over. 

I’ve had exactly the same problems, absolute amateurs in the ticket office.
I’ve gave my details umpteen times only to be told your not on the database, never once been contacted having gave my e mail umpteen times,it’s run by incompetents.

7 minutes ago, Broon_100 said:

Looking increasingly like Matty will be away this month. As though this shitey season couldn't get any worse.

Maybe opens the door again for Danny? 

Interesting one, anyway. Do we now sell Kennedy for a cut price fee, keep Swanson around, and use the money/wages to strengthen the defence/attack?

Suspect that might be a last resort and the ideal situation would be keeping Kennedy regardless of his future plans. Dont believe his form will drop off if he signs elsewhere. 

Going to be contentious here but if Matty goes and we play Spoony at left wing every game between now and the end of the season I'd be confident he'd contribute more goals/assists than Kennedy has.

Matty is a class act but we rely far too much on him and teams know it. More and more we're seeing them double up on him making it difficult for him to influence games.

Players claims he wants to stay.

Agent won’t deal with current club until player in his last 6 months.

Agent begins contacting other clubs.

Player agrees larger contract elsewhere.

Anyone else getting a bit fed up of agents?

On another note, I Just noticed actually that Shaughnessy has only appeared twice for Southend this season, and they’ve not paid their players this month.

Think he’s having regrets?

It's the way football isthese days sadly.  I never felt Matty's comments about wanting to stay last month had any significance.  

Would rather Tommy tried to emphasise the benefits of him staying than the acceptance and wee dig at the club.

Yes he'll make more money, which ultimately is likely to be the deciding factor but If he joins Aberdeen, he'll be an impact sub a lot of the time playing in some awful long ball style.  Might not be great for his international career.

8 minutes ago, mizfit said:

On another note, I Just noticed actually that Shaughnessy has only appeared twice for Southend this season, and they’ve not paid their players this month.

Think he’s having regrets?

Are you sure? 

I thought he was a regular for a good while a month or two back.