Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

The argument about the home crowd decreasing even more for these games won't cause Steve Brown many restless nights. 

As said, I doubt they sell many more than 100 tickets for these matches. Season tickets are already paid for.

Just now, Squirrelhumper said:

Our crowd against Rangers first game of the season was miles ahead of any crowd Clarke had vs Rangers (except last game of the season when we qualified for Europe) and that was just after being humiliated by welsh part timers.

Trust me, them getting one stand has a massive impact on the home crowd. Plenty of my mates take their kids to these games now whereas they would never have done so with them having both ends.

Kilmarnock have a support that vastly outnumbers Saints even at your worst v our best. I've no idea why you're trying to compare the two clubs as if we're similar.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Kilmarnock have a support that vastly outnumbers Saints even at your worst v our best. I've no idea why you're trying to compare the two clubs as if we're similar.

I'm not comparing, I'm saying all this will do is make your support at these games go down even more.

In my experience that leads to folk stop buying season tickets as they won't attend to these games, they'll then start PATG, then miss games here and there, then some will stop going as they see better ways of shelling out guts of £25 every second week.

Once folk get out that habit, it's hard to get them back as that's exactly what we saw at RP.

5 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I get why St Johnstone have done this for a business point of view but it absolutely is waving the white flag in any attempt to grow the club. A terrible PR move, even it makes sense financially.

Can only imagine how demoralising it is for players to be vastly outnumbered by opposition supporters.

Offered people tickets for a £10!!!!!

They still didn't turn up.

The same fans moaning about the decision are the same season ticket holders who don't bother going against the Old Firm either. 

FYI the last time we did it we beat Celtic at McDiarmid 😂

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

7 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Watch them go to Alloa levels now.

Down a few hundred home fans but up over 3,000 overall per match at £30 a ticket.

Will be an extra couple of signings/contract extensions every year and increase our chances of staying up.

2 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I get why St Johnstone have done this for a business point of view but it absolutely is waving the white flag in any attempt to grow the club.

Are you thick? Theyve spent the past decade with reduced OF crowds, an incredible price to get into games, and the best decade of football the club has ever seen, and the crowds havent risen. We got under 1500 for the last home game against them. What are you expecting us to achieve by continuing down that route?

The clubs income grows dramatically doing this, which increases the chances of us staying in the top flight.

1 minute ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I'm not comparing, I'm saying all this will do is make your support at these games go down even more.

In my experience that leads to folk stop buying season tickets as they won't attend to these games, they'll then start PATG, then miss games here and there, then some will stop going as they see better ways of shelling out guts of £25 every second week.

Once folk get out that habit, it's hard to get them back as that's exactly what we saw at RP.

I'm glad you explained that to me.

Our support has been dwindling for the past decade, even with Rangers in a different fucking division and Celtic with reduced allocation. With a tremendous team and families getting the cheapest tickets in the country.

Try and understand that we tried giving reduced allocations to the OF for 8 years, as you've claimed would magically increase our crowds, and it's now at the stage where those home supports are our lowest of the season, by a distance. How do you sort that?

Just now, Dele said:

"It's horrible that our town/city is full of OF supporting weirdo's!" 

🤯💡

Let's give them three sides of the ground. That'll help. 

We reduced their crowds in 2012 and the home fans still stayed away. 

I've no idea how you're not understanding that.

The club willingly took on 8 years of reduced crowds, if that's £200k a game, 4 times a season, for 8 years, that's £6.5m the club has willingly lost on for the benefit of the home fans. 

They're rewarded with a home crowd of 1400. Less than our season ticket numbers, potentially making no money at all from the home support.

That cant continue.

1 minute ago, ali_91 said:

But from a sustainability sense, it’s extremely dubious whether this will long term improve our standing as a club. Short term financial gain over progression and longevity at this level. 

How is increasing income by ~£500k a season less likely to help up maintain being a top flight club?

Some top boardroom shilling from RG here. :lol:

Football is about more than finances, which you'd know if you didn't support one of the toriest clubs in Scotland.

Reducing further what little chance you had of beating Rangers/Celtic and putting up the white flag for a bit of extra cash is a full blown minter for St Johnstone.

Kilmarnock fans coming on here and comparing.
They wouldnt be saying the same shit if they were struggling in league and crowds were a lot less.

St.johnstone have always had good pricing when it came to family gates and fans still are not coming , something had to give.

Short term is something you need to look at rather than long term.

What else can they do ?

3 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Reducing further what little chance you had of beating Rangers/Celtic and putting up the white flag for a bit of extra cash is a full blown minter for St Johnstone.

We beat them last time we gave them 3 stands. 

2 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

It’s getting higher every time you post ffs. 

No it's not? Its roughly £200k per game, so roughly £500k a season.

5 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Some top boardroom shilling from RG here. :lol:

Football is about more than finances, which you'd know if you didn't support one of the toriest clubs in Scotland.

Perth has been represented by an SNP MP longer than any other constituency (or 'football club') in Scotland. :lol: 

Not disagreeing that it's a minter but it is what has to be done unfortunately.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Are you thick? Theyve spent the past decade with reduced OF crowds, an incredible price to get into games, and the best decade of football the club has ever seen, and the crowds havent risen. We got under 1500 for the last home game against them. What are you expecting us to achieve by continuing down that route?

The clubs income grows dramatically doing this, which increases the chances of us staying in the top flight.

You can't seriously deny what a PR disaster this is though? The move may have logic behind it but it makes the club look like uber diddies. Maybe you personally don't care about that but it seems a lot of fans do. Growing the club is a lot more than simply getting more money, which you must know? Unless you are indeed thick yourself.

I'd say simply giving up on your own supporters is never the answer, even if the board are dismayed by having such small crowds. You have to keep trying and trying and not just go in the huff and assume the position for the gruesome twosome. I'm sure you were one of the countless people who rightly mocked St Mirren when they allowed Celtic to have a club shop at their ground but this move is far worse IMO.

You change your mind all the time on various topics so I wouldn't be surprised to come back tomorrow and find you slating the club.