Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

9 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Itk guy got Morris correct. He either carries on being correct or 100% record is gone.

Cammy Smith to St.Johnstone...

On 19/01/2017 at 18:13, RandomGuy. said:

Complete speculation, as is my way, but I see Cammy Smith is apparently being recalled by Aberdeen from Dundee United.

We came to close to loaning him before, and with his contract out in the summer, I wonder if we'll have an interest in bringing him in?

Seems a similar situation to Shaughnessy

Seems to prefer being a deeper striker (in fact he played CM for Aberdeen against us in the past). So would allow us a different option (Macca - Poacher, Cummins - Physical, Kane - Energy)

Yet another player I've talked about in the past 😂 this seasons Scougall, IMO.

1 minute ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Sorry to burst RG's wet dream but we only watch cove due to young John Robertson playing there.
I believe the forwards we are looking at are from down south....

Its at the stage now where I enjoy the feeling of rage your rumour teasing brings about. Name them via PM pls 😁

Just now, G_Man1985 said:

Tbf I just made it up on the spot. Literally zero to go on

Hard to believe you made up a rumour about us signing a nothing player who can't get a game in the tier below us tbh. A tremendous troll.

Just now, perthsaint1977 said:
5 minutes ago, Kyle said:
Forwards. That's plural. That makes me happy.

Need to have contingency plans incase number one target doesn't happen.

After the summer of fun we just had, I hope we have more than one back up! 

11 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Need to have contingency plans incase number one target doesn't happen.

Any idea if they're planning to sign them this window, or if its a PCA?

Also, a total random ICT fan has claimed they're trying to sign Chris Kane. No substance behind it but it feels like a shite rumour to make up.

I know Tommy got a bit defensive recently about our signing policy and how he has to do it all himself, unlike other clubs.  I actually think he's pulled a lot of good signings out the bag over the years;  MOH, James Dunne, Foster, Tanser, Swanson the first couple of times, Kennedy, Wright, and several others.

The bigger frustration has been the dishing out of decent contracts to folk then hardly using them at all.  Since signing their last deals, how many starts have Ando, McMillan, Swanson, Vihmann or Callachan made?  The first three are apparently amongst our highest earners, and I'd imagine the other two are on decent deals as well.  You could throw Scougall in there as well although he was more of an unknown.

Thats a fairly big chunk of wages on players who have zero involvement in our first team squad for at least half of their deals.

I'd be keeping Chris Kane. Does a job up front on his own despite not being much of a goal threat. Far better value for money than May is currently offering.  Kane is a decent option to have in the squad, probably not on crazy money as well. 

54 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

I'd be keeping Chris Kane. Does a job up front on his own despite not being much of a goal threat. Far better value for money than May is currently offering.  Kane is a decent option to have in the squad, probably not on crazy money as well. 

There is room on the hill I'm dying on. All welcome. 

#TeamKano

1 minute ago, Radford said:

There is room on the hill I'm dying on. All welcome. 

#TeamKano

I don’t dislike Kane either and always acknowledge he has his uses. Wright currently has May, Kane and Hendry as recognised strikers. One is contracted for another year, another has scored quite a few goals with limited opportunities. If a player has to leave so we can bring in another striker - whether in this window or the summer - Kane is the who’ll be out the door. Not advocating it, just feel that’s almost certainly the case. 

57 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

despite not being much of a goal threat. 

Understatement of the decade already.

His overall record for us 22 goals in 149 games. In the league its 16 in 125 games. 

6 minutes ago, Kyle said:

another has scored quite a few goals with limited opportunities.

Hendry has scored more league goals in his 309 minutes (3.4 games) this season than Kane has in his last 2,570 (28.5 games).

Even Stevie May, who is widely derided as being shite, is outscoring him over the past two seasons in the league.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Megginson is not Prem standard.
If you watch Cove, msot of his chances come from them humping long balls on a plastic pitch where the defence have no idea how to deal with the bounce, and he has some pace to capitalise a lot of the time.
I know everyone hates Chris Kane, but be careful what you wish for

Neither is Stevie May.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Understatement of the decade already.

His overall record for us 22 goals in 149 games. In the league its 16 in 125 games. 

Have you forgotten how many minutes are in a match, since that's your usual approach? 

And no, his goalscoring record isn't very good but the idea he's played 149 games for us is as disingenuous as it comes. 

Since he scored his first goal for the club - a vital strike that took us into Europe - he's played 6,455 domestic minutes, that's 72 games. He's scored 22 goals, as you've stated.

If your third or fourth choice striker scores 1 goal in every 3 games, that's what would you expect, especially when they are so adept at leading the line on their own in specific fixtures. 

I've said it before but the problem isn't that Kane doesn't score enough goals or Hendry can't start games, the problem is that the club haven't recruited at least one, if not two, better strikers to compliment them.