Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

3 hours ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

I reckon those who are hoping for Ando & McMillan to go in Jan are going to be disappointed. 

Both earning a fair ££. They're not going to get offers anywhere near that if they move on so I expect both will be more than happy to sit and wait out the remainder of their deal. Particularly Ando as he's still getting paid his Premiership level wage and getting regular playing time. 

Callahan has been told since the summer he can leave and has been training with the kids. Dundee & QOS apparently interested. If Dundee come in. I expect him to head that way. 

I suspect Swanson has also been told he can move on. 

Those suggesting Ralston may return to Celtic. Absolutely no chance. We'll be paying peanuts on the pound wage wise. Same applies with Holt. 

Liam also won't be moved on. I actually suspect it'll be the opposite and he'll be offered a new deal. 

I agree regarding Anderson and McMillan - they'll almost certainly leave quietly at the end of the season having picked up the remainder of their contracts as is their right. If they left us now they could only sign for the clubs they are currently playing for anyway so I'm not sure that in either of their interests.

Callachan has to go for the sake of his career. He's had two poor spells at top flight clubs and could really do with leaving us and proving himself. I'd guess he'll have to drop at least one level and those clubs listed  would at least give him the chance to re-establish himself over the last few months of the season. I look at Dundee's midfield though and I don't see him getting in there if everyone is fully fit. Is he better than Dorrans, McGowan, Robertson, Byrne and Ness? It'll be a struggle.

I acknowledged as much with Holt and Ralston but they are two of the players we'll have an easier time getting off the books given they're loan deals and they're both bound to have break clauses in them. 

I disagree in respect of Craig getting a new contract, certainly as a player only. If the manager wants to do a bit of a rebuild in the summer as I think he might, I think Craig and the likes are the most realistic ones to let leave. I hope we don't as I'm a total Liam Craig fan boy but realistically it's a wage we can maybe do without paying, as a player anyway.

We can speculate until the cows come home but if it is 1 quality player out, 1 quality player in. We will have the same  squad. If it is dross out, we will get dross in. Very few decent players will come in for a low salary to sit on the bench, even for 6 months.

How many players will we sign that will get into our match day squad of 16? None unless we splash the cash. Players like Swanson are not going to move away for less money.  Therefore they will stay on our wage bill.

I will come back on the 1st February and apologise if I am wrong. 

We can speculate until the cows come home but if it is 1 quality player out, 1 quality player in. We will have the same  squad. If it is dross out, we will get dross in. Very few decent players will come in for a low salary to sit on the bench, even for 6 months.
How many players will we sign that will get into our match day squad of 16? None unless we splash the cash. Players like Swanson are not going to move away for less money.  Therefore they will stay on our wage bill.
Maybe. Swanson and Callachan can sign for someone else straight away. If saints can make a decent offer and they can get another deal lined up it might be worth their while especially if they are going to be rotting in the reserves until July. You'd imagine Swanson would definitely have full time offers if that was to happen.

Dont think Falkirk will be bothered about McMillan but maybe something could be done with Raith and Anderson too.

See you on 1st February then.

34 minutes ago, Templar said:

Indeed we can - that's the fun of a fans' football forum.

Unbelievably negative post here too - Callachan and Swanson will be high earners and are representing poor value right now. If they go we'll have the chance to sign players who represent better value for that money.

2 minutes ago, Dele said:

You've also been watching Mitch Megginson. 

Christ don't post that on the St Johnstone Banter facebook page. They'll be going around sporting stauners for weeks to come and then start a protest when they realise it's not happening.

Just now, Kyle said:

Christ don't post that on the St Johnstone Banter facebook page. They'll be going around sporting stauners for weeks to come and then start a protest when they realise it's not happening.

The guy who I was told from has only ever told me one other transfer. Callum Morris to Aberdeen, which I posted on the forum a fortnight before it happened. 

In your favour, Arbroath are another team looking at him. 

12 minutes ago, Dele said:

You've also been watching Mitch Megginson. 

Im fairly sure we looked at signing him a few years ago.

Edited by RandomGuy.

5 minutes ago, Dele said:

The guy who I was told from has only ever told me one other transfer. Callum Morris to Aberdeen, which I posted on the forum a fortnight before it happened. 

Given the nick of our budget (already blown before we signed Stevie May, Jason Holt and Anthony Ralston) he's probably in line to get a better offer from Arbroath than he will from us. Unless they want to take Danny Swanson or Ross Callachan off our hands.

Megginson is not Prem standard.

If you watch Cove, msot of his chances come from them humping long balls on a plastic pitch where the defence have no idea how to deal with the bounce, and he has some pace to capitalise a lot of the time.

I know everyone hates Chris Kane, but be careful what you wish for

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

We've apparently been "tracking" Montrose striker Blair Lyons.

St Mirren, QOS, Dundee, Dundee United and Partick all credited with an interest aswell.

I We’ll have a look and let Tommy know ...... 

4 minutes ago, steviemay17 said:

Megginson is not Prem standard.

If you watch Cove, msot of his chances come from them humping long balls on a plastic pitch where the defence have no idea how to deal with the bounce, and he has some pace to capitalise a lot of the time.

I know everyone hates Chris Kane, but be careful what you wish for

TBF we're pretty well known for keeping an eye on lower league Scots, most don't get signed up though. Suspect we've just kept an eye on Megginson as hes continued to score.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

TBF we're pretty well known for keeping an eye on lower league Scots, most don't get signed up though. Suspect we've just kept an eye on Megginson as hes continued to score.

any half decent team will keep an eye on him due to his goalscoring record, but there's a reason he's still there.

I don't actually mean this as a cheap shot at Dundee, but he seems exactly the kind of lower league player they would take a chance on and it failing - Steven Doris - El Baktaoui etc

5 minutes ago, 18May1991 said:

You lot can get in the sea as far as I'm concerned. With your ultra organised, well scouted, positive approach to the transfer market and indeed your unbelievably good presence on social media, which helps to build positivity even when your team isn't playing well.

Fucking Motherwell.

8 minutes ago, 18May1991 said:

Please dont, we dont want Aberdeen getting involved

6 hours ago, Kyle said:

In respect of new signings, we're going to sign Steven Maclean, aren't we? We need a striker and to spark Stevie May. Hearts will most likely want players off their books and Maclean is an ageing player with 6 months left on his deal. I love Steven Maclean but I hope we cast the net a bit wider than just another ex-player.

And you wonder why I try a pish troll and mention old broken down strikers? :P

7 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

I know MM’s cousin, and therefore Saints signing him could very much put me #itk. 

Better start being nice to me or I’ll tell you all f**k all. 

Tell me if he's signing for Saints you shit.

I know MM’s cousin, and therefore Saints signing him could very much put me #itk. 

Better start being nice to me or I’ll tell you all f**k all. 
Itk guy got Morris correct. He either carries on being correct or 100% record is gone.

Cammy Smith to St.Johnstone...