Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Discovered a collection of video things from the 09/10 season, downside is its presumably some form of collection Morais sent clubs, as the clips are entirely based on him being involved in them.
Either way, I'm enjoying them.

Where’s the goals? The game ended 2-2 ffs!

5220 the attendance.

1 hour ago, jamamafegan said:

Where’s the goals? The game ended 2-2 ffs!

5220 the attendance.

Genuinely cant find match highlights from that season, BBC archive doesnt let you watch them anymore.

First home game of this season v Livi in front of 2349.  Obviously Motherwell brought a bigger away support, but even taking that into account it's still a drop of about 2000 home fans in 10 years.

Thats huge  percentage-wise.

Is it just down to the novelty/ excitement of being back in the top league for the first time in 7 years or however long boosting the crowd?

I think thats our accounts for 18/19 out now.

Few things I've noticed that seem interesting, with the caveat I'm pretty bad at reading things the wrong way.

• Lionel Richie concert a "success" but they feel they could've made more from it, and they're actively trying to get more concerts held at the ground.
  • Club still haven't been paid for the CPO on the land around the stadium, used to build the new road, but the "end is in sight" in terms of negotiating compensation.
  • Pre-Tax loss for the year was £149,471
  • "Cash at the bank" has risen, and now sits at £2,170,123
  • The number of employees is listed as an average for the year, it dropped from 238 to 185

Loss isn't horrendous, although its still a loss. Imagine it'll be far worse for this season which should see a fairly hefty wage bill cut next Summer regardless of where we end up come the end of the season. Compensation for the land purchase might help there but I've absolutely no clue how much that could come to?

Also the old farm next to the stadium has a planning application for it from GS Brown, not sure how connected to the club that is.

28 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Also the old farm next to the stadium has a planning application for it from GS Brown, not sure how connected to the club that is.

planning application for 75 homes, so nothing to do with the club

https://planningapps.pkc.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=PZ7HMYMK09I00

3 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

Cheers, I just got a letter through the door yesterday about it.

7 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

It’s a sorry state of affairs that we go to Kilmarnock and Motherwell these days and assume we’re going to get beat to nil before the game has even started. Have as much confidence at these places as I did at Parkhead two or three years ago. 

I’m not in the Tommy out camp, I think he’s the man to turn things around, he’s a very good manager with a proven track record of being the absolute boi, but the squad we have is very hard to like. The defence is as bad as I can remember, and I grew up in the Stark and Connolly days. As much as I love Swanson, if he’s not going to get a sniff we need to get his wage off the books, same with Anderson if possible. We need at least two, probably three defensive reinforcements in January. A right back, and at least one, preferably two centre backs. I think Tanser is fine and been our best defender this season, but ideally we need competition there too. Think without three or four players leaving that’s completely unrealistic to expect all that though. 

Theres too much to do. We need to sign a right back and centre back in January, both have to be quality at this level. We need them to instantly settle, while we also need to figure out our best formation and line up. By that point we will potentially be adrift and need to start hammering points and wins onto the board. 

Our first three league games after the break are Livingston away, then Kilmarnock, then Celtic. We play two current bottom half sides until we meet St Mirren away in March.

Its done.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Theres too much to do. We need to sign a right back and centre back in January, both have to be quality at this level. We need them to instantly settle, while we also need to figure out our best formation and line up. By that point we will potentially be adrift and need to start hammering points and wins onto the board. 

Our first three league games after the break are Livingston away, then Kilmarnock, then Celtic. We play two current bottom half sides until we meet St Mirren away in March.

Its done.

I thought you had Ralston on loan from Celtic at right back? Is he not decent?

Just now, Hendo said:

I thought you had Ralston on loan from Celtic at right back? Is he not decent?

Yeah hes amazing, tell someone at St Mirren they should snap him up in January.

Spoiler

Please.