Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Well well well.

I think my Saints top boycott might come to an end.

IMG_7251.jpg

“This year sees the Club mark thirty years at McDiarmid Park and to celebrate we have launched a special edition shirt which is available to pre-order now!

On the special edition shirt is the name of every player to have made an appearance for Saints between the 1989/90 season and the current campaign. Also on the jersey are three non-playing names - Geoff Brown, Sir Matt Busby and Tommy Wright.”

18 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Well well well.

IMG_7251.jpg

“This year sees the Club mark thirty years at McDiarmid Park and to celebrate we have launched a special edition shirt which is available to pre-order now!

On the special edition shirt is the name of every player to have made an appearance for Saints between the 1989/90 season and the current campaign. Also on the jersey are three non-playing names - Geoff Brown, Sir Matt Busby and Tommy Wright.”

Surely it's a bit shite not to put Bruce McDiarmid on it?

Been mentioned on the Championship forum.

Based on number of appearances (Morris isn't but he was clearly our best player), this would be the current side v the promotion side. Who would win?

Clark

Ralston - Duffy - Kerr - Tanser

Wright - Davidson - McCann - O'Halloran

Kennedy

May

v

Holmes - Milne

Sheerin - Hardie - Morris - Millar

Craig - McCaffrey - Rutkiewicz - Irvine

Main

Been mentioned on the Championship forum.
Based on number of appearances (Morris isn't but he was clearly our best player), this would be the current side v the promotion side. Who would win?

Clark

Ralston - Duffy - Kerr - Tanser

Wright - Davidson - McCann - O'Halloran

Kennedy

May

v

Holmes - Milne

Sheerin - Hardie - Morris - Millar

Craig - McCaffrey - Rutkiewicz - Irvine

Main

0-0

On ‎25‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 17:13, jamamafegan said:

Well well well.

IMG_7251.jpg

Shite Club Merchandise  For this pish

I’d take Irvine, Rutkiewicz and Morris from that promotion line up. Our current side would probably be bullied by Derek Holmes, but would win comfortably for me. 

Irvine was no good at Premiership level IIRC. You’d obviously take Morris and that era’s Millar as well (just not on the right).

Modern team has better players, title team is a better unit. Holmes and peak Milne was destroy Duffy and Kerr, IMO.

Peak Hardie v peak Davidson would be incredible.

Discovered a collection of video things from the 09/10 season, downside is its presumably some form of collection Morais sent clubs, as the clips are entirely based on him being involved in them.

Either way, I'm enjoying them.

Edited by RandomGuy.

13 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Discovered a collection of video things from the 09/10 season, downside is its presumably some form of collection Morais sent clubs, as the clips are entirely based on him being involved in them.

I can't bring myself to watch older videos of when we werent a defensive train wreck. Just gets me more angry on a Saturday 😂

25 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

I can't bring myself to watch older videos of when we werent a defensive train wreck. Just gets me more angry on a Saturday 😂

Its noticeable at how high a tempo we play at, and Collin Samuel looks far better than I remember him being tbh. 

Always look back on old teams with the shade of nostalgia masking things, but that team really does seem to be as enjoyable to watch as I remember. 

Edited by RandomGuy.

15 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

It does seem very high tempo the way we play in that clip.

Was that match played immediately after a jehova convention??!!  Look at the East Stand 😍 (and the Motherwell end as well).  

Was this the first home match back up in the Premiership?

55 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Was that match played immediately after a jehova convention??!!  Look at the East Stand 😍 (and the Motherwell end as well).  

Would it not have been qualifying for Europe? I remember invading the pitch against Motherwell with a big crowd there.

edit: just saw the date and I’m miles out 😂

Edited by Bonksy+HisChristianParade

56 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Yeah first game, its dated as that anyway.

2 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Would it not have been qualifying for Europe? I remember invading the pitch against Motherwell with a big crowd there.

We didnt qualify for Europe that season. Hasselbaink played for us in the game you're on about.

Edited by RandomGuy.