Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

FWIW the only bookmaker who seems to have odds on NI managers just now have TW as 3rd favourite.

The reason theres no odds elsewhere is due to a rumour that, if Northern Ireland make it through the Play-Offs, O'Neill will remain as manager for the Euros. That's from the Belfast Telegraph fwiw, so theres a chance they dont actually hire a manager until next July (which could well be O'Neill, seeing as Stoke batter through managers).

Edited by RandomGuy.

18 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

FWIW the only bookmaker who seems to have odds on NI managers just now have TW as 3rd favourite.

The reason theres no odds elsewhere is due to a rumour that, if Northern Ireland make it through the Play-Offs, O'Neill will remain as manager for the Euros. That's from the Belfast Telegraph fwiw, so theres a chance they dont actually hire a manager until next July (which could well be O'Neill, seeing as Stoke batter through managers).

Interesting point. If he was to get sacked by Stoke pre end of the season he'll just continue after the Euros if that's the case. 

16 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Zero excuse after 2 great performances.

Wright either has underestimated Eddie May and hibs, or is completely distracted with the NI Job.

Neither of those. That would be making excuses for "professional" footballer. 

Players not doing the basics. 

1st goal. Fml. 

2ns goal. Defend the front post and dont allow the cross across the 6 yard box. 

Hibs hit the post after this. 8-9 yards space inside the box. 

3rd goal. Gave away possession and allowed the man to run 45 yards with the ball and shoot. Kerr eventually got there but wasnt enough. 

4th goal. Outside the box just stood and allowed the man to cross it into the box. Zero attempt to block it. 

I've gone home. They can piss off. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

23 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Neither of those. That would be making excuses for "professional" footballer. 

Players not doing the basics. 

1st goal. Fml. 

2ns goal. Defend the front post and dont allow the cross across the 6 yard box. 

Hibs hit the post after this. 8-9 yards space inside the box. 

3rd goal. Gave away possession and allowed the man to run 45 yards with the ball and shoot. Kerr eventually got there but wasnt enough. 

4th goal. Outside the box just stood and allowed the man to cross it into the box. Zero attempt to block it. 

I've gone home. They can piss off. 

This.

I'll also add, f**k off Tommy and take those defenders with you.

1 hour ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Why do we struggle against forwards who show any sort of movement? 

Kerr & Duffy don't know if they should track the movement or hold position. They end up doing neither. 

Duffy is a fucking kid who's played about 10 games in his life.

Kerr looks like he spends more of time worrying about those around him rather than concentrating on himself.

Add in Ralston, who has zero positional awareness and would rather charge about full pelt aimlessly than track men, beside Duffy and you've got 75% of your backline incapable of winning 1v1 duels off the ball.

FWIW if TW is ever being sacked, or walking away, this would be the week for it.

Off the back off an absolute embarrassment at home, toiling in the league, and an International break meaning its two weeks until the next game. Almost exactly after the first round of fixtures too. He'd walk with some form of dignity left aswell, before he completely ruins what hes done.

Would give a new man at least a week with the squad before the next game, over a month before the next window, and more than 2/3rds of the season to salvage this.

I don't want him gone, fwiw, but I'm finding it increasingly hard to convince myself he'll sort this. We've been dreadful for 11 months now and he made us worse in the Summer window.

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 hour ago, Shadow Play said:

Dangerous strategy by St Johnstone to deliberately finish 11th this season so that they can ensure they keep Dundee down.  St Johnstone could easily finish 12th this season if they are not careful.

Youd beat us pretty easily tbf. We'd hand Hemmings multiple one on ones with the keeper.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

FWIW if TW is ever being sacked, or walking away, this would be the week for it.

Off the back off an absolute embarrassment at home, toiling in the league, and an International break meaning its two weeks until the next game. Almost exactly after the first round of fixtures too. He'd walk with some form of dignity left aswell, before he completely ruins what hes done.

Would give a new man at least a week with the squad before the next game, over a month before the next window, and more than 2/3rds of the season to salvage this.

I don't want him gone, fwiw, but I'm finding it increasingly hard to convince myself he'll sort this. We've been dreadful for 11 months now and he made us worse in the Summer window.

Can't but agree.

39 minutes ago, Radford said:

As a complete aside, surely it's time to admit defeat with the Ormond Stand? Stick the cardboard men back in there and move the families into the Main Stand, where they'll get a better view anyway. 

I'd rather keep the next generation of fans away from the older generation as much as possible. 

Walk in, concede, 88 minutes left and folk around me already booing the players and shouting abuse at Jason Kerr. Great stuff.