Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

29 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Absolutely this. First time I’ve seen him in the flesh for 90 minutes today and thought he was superb. For a teenager to have that level of composure and energy is superb and he was just everywhere. He needs to be starting every week on that form.

He's been superb every game JB. He's got great physicality, and if 'get the ball back immediately after losing it' is a stat, his will be excellent. 

Not afraid of shot from distance either. Apparently his brother that plays for Dunfermline is also a talent. *

*edit I've never seen him play, this is heresay

Edited by Valentino Bolognese

20 minutes ago, Chewing Taffies said:

First league victory in 168 days and only against dugshite Hamilton. Also only 2000 at the game. Surely the question is - what is the point in your existence? 

To bait you. 

It clearly works. 

You turn up every time sweetie. 

9 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

He's been superb every game JB. He's got great physicality, and if 'get the ball back immediately after losing it' is a stat, his will be excellent. 

Not afraid of shot from distance either. Apparently his brother that plays for Dunfermline is also a talent. 

The BBC had a stat up in an article about another team (Kilmarnock?) that had McCann as one of the best CMs in the league at interceptions, and that was before todays game.

5 minutes ago, Chewing Taffies said:

First or second post in here for weeks!  Just to congratulate you lads. Will be your only win for the next 168 days 😂 

Thanks for making the effort. 

Feel free to pop in again any time. 

For the two or three transfer windows, I've wondered how realistic it is to hope to sign another Morris/Millar type player. Should be doing everything we can do tie down McCann to a long term contract.

With each game that has passed this season I've been thinking who do you give the captaincy to, cause Kerr needs the Ando treatment in terms of taking the pressure off and just getting on with his own game imo.

Liam the obvious choice if he plays, which due to injury and competition for spaces he hasn't done so much this year.

Only other viable candidate was Muzz, but there must be a reason he wasn't selected during the summer?

Wotherspoon today showed a lot of the characteristics, after we went 1-0 down he was the one trying to get everyone back up. Only really one game I know and he was also not selected during the summer when Kerr was.

Either way I think sooner the better for changing it, but still not sure who to give it to!

30 minutes ago, Super_J said:

With each game that has passed this season I've been thinking who do you give the captaincy to, cause Kerr needs the Ando treatment in terms of taking the pressure off and just getting on with his own game imo.

In the league:  Clark, Kerr, Tanser and Davidson have played every minute. (900 mins). Kennedy 767 mins and McCann 754 mins are the next closest.

If Tommy like most managers wants his Captain to be playing in every game ther are his choices.

I believe the Captain should be a leader who can rally the team when things are going aaginst them and raise the team to play better. Also give out praise and a bollocking when needed.

There is nothing written in stone that states you cannot have a club captain and  change your on the field Captain from game to game. In my opinion this is what is needed.

It has been suggested that Craig (233 mins played) and Wotherspoon (250 mins played) have the qualities to captain the team. Therefore make them captain when they play.  If he has to chose a player that is playing every week, I would take the prssure off of Kerr and give it to Tanser because at this momentin time Kerr is contributing nothing as a captain and it is hindering his game.

9 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Almost as bad a decision as giving it to Kerr. 

So you agree that would be better captain as he is not as bad as Kerr.

Who do think should be Capain. Or should Kerr just plod along in the hope that he eventualy become a captain and hope his game will return to the standards of last season.

1 hour ago, Templar said:

So you agree that would be better captain as he is not as bad as Kerr.

Who do think should be Capain. Or should Kerr just plod along in the hope that he eventualy become a captain and hope his game will return to the standards of last season.

This is boring. I'd have neither Spoony or Jason as captain, reasons are, Jason is unproven and tbh not that great a player. Spoony is Spoony, turns up 1 game in 10, that's even if he gets a game and has as many shockers as has good games. I want a captain who leads by example and will play 35 games a season. That rules out ALL of our current squad.

Fair enough having Liam Craig as the off field captain who organises all the behind the scenes shit,  he leads by example. I'd say the only person capable-ish on field is Murray  Davidson but as said previously his off field shit isn't exactly exemplary and counts against him.

So really we don't have anyone who could be a true club captain in my eyes.

Enjoyed seeing the players having a right go at each other after the first accies goal and then when the penalty was conceded. Duffy was tearing strips off kane for missing the ball completely then turned his attention to Davidson who was on the end of a mouthful. Great to see and something that has been missing this season to date.

3 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Enjoyed seeing the players having a right go at each other after the first accies goal and then when the penalty was conceded. Duffy was tearing strips off kane for missing the ball completely then turned his attention to Davidson who was on the end of a mouthful. Great to see and something that has been missing this season to date.

Noticed that in the highlights at the penalty, initially thought Muzz was going for the ref then he walks away in the background... 

The reaction after the penalty was brilliant too, not one player decided to chuck it and feel sorry from himself, straight from kick off they went for the throat and the winner. Compare that to last weeks second half "performance", and the circumstances they were in, and it was great stuff. They gave the fans a reason to back them and I think we did our best to help them too. 

I think everyone at the club needed that result, and arguably the way we won it was a bigger boost than if we'd cruised to a 1-0.