Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Its Gordon who's out.
So who do you partner Kerr with?
A 20yo right back with about three senior games, or a foreign CB who vanished out the squad after two games.

Do we have confirmation of this or are you ITK on this one?

I’d favour Mad-Dawg Vihmann on account of a possible settling-in period. If he’s not ready now, the writing is on the wall.

21 hours ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Training ground injury today to one of the defenders. Potential season ending injury. Awaiting scans before it can be confirmed

#AnnounceAndrewDavies. 

20 hours ago, Kyle said:

Of the 4 decent defenders we have, the one we can most afford to lose is Tanser because Booth is at least proven at this level. He's not brilliant or anything but he should be alright.

Was he not regularly behind Jamie Robson at Dundee United at a time that United fans wanted Robson binned because he was a liability? 

25 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Do we have confirmation of this or are you ITK on this one?

ITK guy on WAP has confirmed its Gordon.

16 minutes ago, Dele said:

Was he not regularly behind Jamie Robson at Dundee United at a time that United fans wanted Robson binned because he was a liability? 

Scott Tanser was voted one of the worst players ever at a EFL League Two side.

11 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

To me, you stick with what you trust, dont panic, and trust in things coming together. You then get confidence restored, players become more comfortable on the ball and less desperate, and things improve. The worst thing you can do is panic, change everything, keep losing and then have absolutely no idea what you're going to do.

That all makes sense but how long do we relay on "trust in things coming together" and what about the other side of the coin if and when they do not come together our confidence is not restored, etc. 

"trust in things coming together" sounds a bit like ostrich burying his head in the sand.

6 minutes ago, Dele said:

I had it in my mind he was only about 22. What age was he when he was voted that? 

I cant be arsed dragging out a conversation. My point is it doesnt matter a f**k if Robbie Neilson decided not to play him, as Robbie Neilson wont be his manager with us.

I had it in my mind he was only about 22. What age was he when he was voted that? 

Well he’s 24 now, he’s into his third season with saints, therefore he must have been 20/21 at the time when he was Port Vale.

35 minutes ago, Templar said:

"trust in things coming together" sounds a bit like ostrich burying his head in the sand.

Why does it? It more means he has confidence in what they are trying to achieve and the skill level of the players he has.

You seem like a glass half empty type of guy.

See what I did there?

1 hour ago, Dele said:

#AnnounceAndrewDavies. 

The other back ups are an Estonian basketball player and Wallace Duffy. He’s the most reliable back up by default. 

Criticism of Vihmann, across all platforms, is very Brexity. If we'd signed a 23-year-old Scottish player, he certainly wouldn't be getting the abuse (and that's what it is) after thee games, one of which was watched live by about 100 fans. 

Maybe if the support got behind a young guy trying to settle in a foreign country, it would be more constructive. 

1 hour ago, Templar said:

That all makes sense but how long do we relay on "trust in things coming together" and what about the other side of the coin if and when they do not come together our confidence is not restored, etc. 

Ostriches don't bury their heads in the sand. It's a myth. 

33 minutes ago, Radford said:

Criticism of Vihmann, across all platforms, is very Brexity. If we'd signed a 23-year-old Scottish player, he certainly wouldn't be getting the abuse (and that's what it is) after thee games, one of which was watched live by about 100 fans. 

Maybe if the support got behind a young guy trying to settle in a foreign country, it would be more constructive. 

I'm sure he doesnt read WAP, P&B or the banter page so he'll be fine...

Joking aside. Many of us will indeed be up in Dingwall freezing our arse off paying £25 to get get in to give him the support he needs (probably less than 100 of us)

Hopefully he proves the doubters wrong (i'm certainly one of them). Last minute climbing header into the net? Mon' Vihmann! 

I reckon he'd get on a lot better if we avoided playing out from the goal keeper as much as lets be honest, his ability on the ball isnt his strong point. Which isn't surprising considering he's the size of a house. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

I saw him twice I think and while he didn't impress he certainly wasn't helped by Kerr's awful start in the Betfred games.

After watching McCann in those games I can't believe it's the same player who, I think, has started the season well in centre mid. I am assuming Vihmann will be comfortable after a couple of months training with the team. We could certainly do with more aerial power dealing with corners as that was a major issue last Saturday.

The last first team game Vihmann played was 10 August, almost 2 moths ago. Has he played in the development team to keep him match fit as a contingency for this unfortunate injury. Duffy was on the team sheet last week but the last time, he had first team game time was also August. Has, he had game time in the development squad? If they have have any updates on their performances? It may give a clue as to who will replace Gordon.

1 hour ago, Saigon Raider said:

After watching McCann in those games I can't believe it's the same player who, I think, has started the season well in centre mid.

We could certainly do with more aerial power dealing with corners as that was a major issue last Saturday.

Two very good points. I thought after the Forfar game that McCann would have a fair wait for another chance but he's really kicked on when given a opportunity.

And Vihmann would undoubtedly help in both boxes.