Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Tommy Wright insists slip-ups are to blame for St Johnstone's woes, not his system. Wright says his formation is not the reason his side are bottom of the Premiership. (Scottish Sun, print edition). 

Looks like it will be more of the same 4:5:1

4 hours ago, Templar said:

Tommy Wright insists slip-ups are to blame for St Johnstone's woes, not his system. Wright says his formation is not the reason his side are bottom of the Premiership. (Scottish Sun, print edition). 

Looks like it will be more of the same 4:5:1

In the same article he also refers to the formation as 4-3-3 rather than 4-5-1.

Of the 4 decent defenders we have, the one we can most afford to lose is Tanser because Booth is at least proven at this level. He's not brilliant or anything but he should be alright.

An long-term injury to any of the other three though...

I'm going for a cold bath.

Given the relative injury histories of the players, it all points to Gordon. But wouldn’t surprise me if it was Ralston, after losing Foster and the panic of Duffy at right back for the season.

1 hour ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

In the same article he also refers to the formation as 4-3-3 rather than 4-5-1.

I have not seen 4:3:3 recently. I did not read the article Just saw the headline on BBC website. 

3 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

I love the people on ‘St Johnstone Banter’ who attempt to act like smartarses in response to Toby LeRone’s posts, ironically failing to realise that they are clearly the thickest people on the page.

It is a complete embarrassment..A lot of them are kids, but there are a large number of brain dead semi-Literare morons on there as well. I have said this before but it really is for people who find WAP just a bit too challenging.

Even I'm fucking bored of all this "4-3-3, NO ITS 4-5-1" bollocks, it's just numbers and doesnt matter a fucking jot. 

I dont know a mid tier team on the planet who doesnt have wingers who track opposition full backs, so that's one of the most bizarre things to moan about I've ever heard. Are we expecting to allow opposition wingers and full backs to double up on our full back and escape with it due to some magical ability we'll then have to dominate games, purely because someone is standing 10 yards further forward?

I tend to agree with TW, to a degree, about individual mistakes being as relevant as the set up. Defenders do their fucking job then we dont concede the embarrassing goal on Saturday, penalty taker scores a free hit from 12 yards we get a goal. If Muzz hits the target with a header from about 3 yards we get two goals. These are minor moments which played a huge part in the result. We didnt play well, but nor were we totally and utterly outclassed.

To me, you stick with what you trust, dont panic, and trust in things coming together. You then get confidence restored, players become more comfortable on the ball and less desperate, and things improve. The worst thing you can do is panic, change everything, keep losing and then have absolutely no idea what you're going to do.

19 hours ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Training ground injury today to one of the defenders. Potential season ending injury. Awaiting scans before it can be confirmed

Well, its not Vihmann...

Saints post a light-hearted video of some of the players playing Saints on Fifa 20.
I tentatively open the comments..."they should be out on the training ground, not playing games"
Shuts Facebook and learn my lesson - *never read the comments*

Tony Watt failed coz of fifa, don't you know?

19 hours ago, Kyle said:

Of the 4 decent defenders we have, the one we can most afford to lose is Tanser because Booth is at least proven at this level. He's not brilliant or anything but he should be alright.

An long-term injury to any of the other three though...

I'm going for a cold bath.

Someone else messaged me and said it was Kerr. 

ABSOLUTELY no idea if that is correct or not though. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

Put it this way, in that video of the team playing FIFA, which was presumably filmed the other day, you see both Ralston and Tanser, so not convinced it’s one of them.

19 hours ago, Widge said:

Given the relative injury histories of the players, it all points to Gordon. 

Aye.

Edited by RandomGuy.

3 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Imagine a central defensive partnership of Gordon and Vihmann. Ooft.

Its Gordon who's out.

So who do you partner Kerr with?

A 20yo right back with about three senior games, or a foreign CB who vanished out the squad after two games.