Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Horribly predictable. Said as soon as the fixtures were released that we would be bottom after 6. The concern which again was easily forecasted was that confidence after 6 would be shot and as such it would be a big big struggle after that. Hard to see this team changing it. On paper it’s a decent side and certainly one which should be staying up, but when confidence is low and the chips are down I can’t see them bouncing back.

I spent a fair chunk of the second half trying to figure out which players in the squad would stay if we were relegated. 
Probably says it all.

That’s the way it’s going. Anyone who says it’s just negativity is blindly ignorant to it. This is a team with no confidence shoe horned to be relegated. 11th would be acceptable for me right now.

17 minutes ago, Chewing Taffies said:

Would I be right in saying that the only team you have beat in your 11 games so far this season is League 2 Brechin? that includes defeats to two League 1 sides. Enjoy your season lads. 😂

That would be correct.  It's about time we gave ourselves a bit of excitement as finishing 6th, 5th, 4th, 3rd, 7th, 8th etc gets boring.  

Nothing says trying too hard quite like a crying with laughter emoji.

3 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Tommy out brigade chat is strong on Saints banter page...I’m not there just yet.

I'm confident that he will end up being the longest serving manager in the Premiership when Aberdeen offload McInnes.

If we're still bottom in January there will be considerable pressure but as is continually pointed out, what are the better options?

1 minute ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

If we're still bottom in January there will be considerable pressure but as is continually pointed out, what are the better options?

That's where I am, some of the names folk mention are terrifying.

But at the same time, is that a reason not to offload him him?

Hes built this squad, with its glaring weaknesses, and hes the one not getting them to perform.

The manager deserves respect at all times for what he's achieved and that should be kept in mind at all times. That doesn't mean he's immune to either criticism or further questioning if the time comes though. 

If things haven't picked up by the end of October, we can't just sleepwalk our way towards relegation. 

If people believe the squad is decent (which is questionable in itself) but he isn't getting them to perform then it would be a mistake not to try and remedy that. 

He obviously has faith in these players but he can't just keep banging his head against the wall when it comes to these tactics at home. Could've, should've doesn't wash with me, the three home performances haven't been good enough.