Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 minute ago, Londonwell said:

To refer to someone by the name of their spouse in a derogatory manner, when it isn’t their name, has hints of sexism/misogyny, yes.  I don’t know the context involved so jury’s out for me. But regardless it is silly for him to give her something to bat back at him, when he could have just taken her to the cleaners.

I'm not having that, she's gone public and attacked him then hid behind this faux misogyny shite.

Edited by Dons_1988

10 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

So hold on, she goes on a radio show and publicly slates him over a private training ground incident, something Foster himself hasn't spoken about, he responds and she claims on twitter that it's sexism/misogyny because he made reference to her being his wife?

Dear oh dear.

She also went public a few weeks ago, with a totally different story of the events, she's an idiot.

9 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

So hold on, she goes on a radio show and publicly slates him over a private training ground incident, something Foster himself hasn't spoken about, he responds and she claims on twitter that it's sexism/misogyny because he made reference to her being his wife?

Dear oh dear.

Shes gone from saying Foster left for first team football and nothing happened, to now claiming TW started something.

Next week itll be something different.

Also discovered Foster told his mum she wasnt invited to the wedding by leaving her a letter 😂

Shes gone from saying Foster left for first team football and nothing happened, to now claiming TW started something.
Next week itll be something different.
Also discovered Foster told his mum she wasnt invited to the wedding by leaving her a letter [emoji23]

They seem made for each other tbh

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Dear oh dear.

Mr Foster has signed an NDA so cant speak publicly about it. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On another note, shes just a total loud mouth. She cant help herself. As you've probably heard. She would challenge Saints fans in the stands if they shouted stick at her beloved. 

I'm sure he's a nice guy and all the rest of it but shes totally and utter deluded if she genuinely believes it when she says Tommy's temper was the problem. We've all seen Richard Foster lose his rag with his teammates, REGULARLY. It wasn't Tommy who forced RIchard to smash in the dressing room door at Dens, it wasnt Tommy forcing him to fight with Swanson. It wasn't Tommy that enraged him to the point he has shouting matches with individual fans in the East Stand. It wasn't anyone other than Foster to blame for him losing his temper away to Hamilton, picking up the ball and booting it out the stadium in a tantrum. 

We all can see for ourselves hes a bit unstable. 

She really needs to just shut the f**k up. 

Mr Foster has signed an NDA so cant speak publicly about it. 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On another note, shes just a total loud mouth. She cant help herself. As you've probably heard. She would challenge Saints fans in the stands if they shouted stick at her beloved. 
I'm sure he's a nice guy and all the rest of it but shes totally and utter deluded if she genuinely believes it when she says Tommy's temper was the problem. We've all seen Richard Foster lose his rag with his teammates, REGULARLY. It wasn't Tommy who forced RIchard to smash in the dressing room door at Dens, it wasnt Tommy forcing him to fight with Swanson. It wasn't Tommy that enraged him to the point he has shouting matches with individual fans in the East Stand. It wasn't anyone other than Foster to blame for him losing his temper away to Hamilton, picking up the ball and booting it out the stadium in a tantrum. 
We all can see for ourselves hes a bit unstable. 
She really needs to just shut the f**k up. 

I didn’t realise about the NDA, but I’m also familiar with Ricky’s issues, they did not begin at st Johnstone.

I’d be surprised if he’s delighted she spoke up about it to be honest.

8 hours ago, Londonwell said:

Her name, as far as I’m aware, is not Mrs Foster though. Boris Johnson did the exact same thing to a female Labour MP a while back and I thought that was a dick move then, as I do now that TW has done it. Silly from him as all he needed to say was she’s talking shite 

8 hours ago, Londonwell said:

I guess a lot would depend on context. Reading the article, I got the impression that he was saying it to demean AM. I may be wrong on that and without actually having seen him say that, it’s difficult to judge.

I don't see it as misogynistic.

If she was a football pundit, or expressing a view on this as a neutral, then yes calling her Mrs Foster could be construed as just that.

But her role in this issue is solely that of the wife of one of the protagonists.  Addressing her in that capacity is not misogyny.  

Do folk think that because she is famous, it somehow gives her an elevated standing on all matters?  If it was any other player's wife speaking out about her husbands treatment, and she was addressed in that manner, would there be any issue here?

1 minute ago, PauloPerth said:

Do folk think that because she is famous, it somehow gives her an elevated standing on all matters?

I think that's probably what she thinks :) 

On 17/09/2019 at 15:30, Widge said:

I think he was more making the point that she’s “Mrs Foster” so obviously won’t be saying anything against her husband even if that means not telling the truth.

As far as I’m concerned she’s trying to simply deflect from the absolute state she’s got herself worked up in and going around contradicting herself. Surely it’s just as much misogyny to suggest that Tommy Wright suffers from “toxic masculinity” based on simply being a man and leader.

I’d rather it stops here as it’s unnecessary, but Wright has a right to defend and put the record right. But he’s straying into PC and hot topic waters, which is always best avoided.

Pedants' corner:

Her attributed comments regarding Tommy Wright would not be described as misogyny but rather misandry.

Regardless of this, she seems to have a turbulent relationship with the truth and no off button. A bad combination.