Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

41 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Aggression if used at the right times and in the right way is a fantastic thing to have. When you cannot control it you will have issues. Richard Foster has issues.

Agree. He too often crossed the line from aggression to anger. Aggression wins you games and anger loses them. 

2 hours ago, andrewh said:

I can’t imagine why they invite a singer on to a show about football (I know she’s married to a player). This show is trying too hard to be something by having little known non-football people on. For me, it adds nothing and wastes air time. She should stick to singing. Plenty people who aren’t so fussy and so they’ll listen to her bland tunes.

I think her and foster's conduct is as embarrassing as anyone else does, but the above post is proper yer da nonsense. 

I think her and foster's conduct is as embarrassing as anyone else does, but the above post is proper yer da nonsense. 

I don’t want to listen to some non-football person we’ve never heard of talking about how they used to walk their dog in some park, what they did at school or what their favourite biscuit is. I like to hear people talk about football, not the most unrelated of subjects.

29 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

I take it all the knicker wetters are satisfied with our signings ,at the close of the window,just as TW asked for?

Right then Dave, less of the told you so shite, let's all get behind the team and hopefully the new signings catapult us to Europe.

Never forget though, never ever forget about Dick van Dyke and his Knickerwetter cronies.

1 hour ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

I take it all the knicker wetters are satisfied with our signings ,at the close of the window,just as TW asked for?

No.

Best performance of the season, but we've still no back up left back, we're still out a cup, and we're still winless.

It's all fine and well waiting for the right signings, but that doesnt excuse the mess beforehand.

Edited by RandomGuy.

57 minutes ago, andrewh said:

I don’t want to listen to some non-football person we’ve never heard of talking about how they used to walk their dog in some park, what they did at school or what their favourite biscuit is. I like to hear people talk about football, not the most unrelated of subjects.

Me neither, so I just don't listen to it instead of rant about how things were better during the war. 

19/20

v Livingston - Behind twice, final result 2-2: 1 point gained

v Hibernian - Behind twice, final result 2-2: 1 point gained

v Aberdeen - Behind, final result 1-1: 1 point gained

18/19

v Hearts - Behind twice, final result 2-2: 1 point gained

Is that good or bad?

Wee touch of misfortune about the goal we conceded yesterday, but Aberdeen created so little (we didn't create too much either), that it really should have been a clean sheet for us.

Had a quick look back, and we won 15 matches in the league last season. 14 of those wins were when we kept a clean sheet.  The only exception was just over a year ago when we were beating Accies 2-0 and they pinched a consolation goal. 

We just don't seem to win matches 2-1, 3-1, 3-2 etc for whatever reason.

The defence is looking better, hopefully just a matter of getting them games together, though still some way from looking formidable yet.

Midfield and wide shows great potential.

Not convinced we'll get the best out of May if we're going to stick with this 4-5-1. He's never been a target man, and is worse in the air than either Kane or Hendry. He spent a lot of yesterday hiding behind the centre backs hoping they'd miss it.  I still think either Kennedy playing off him, or a second striker would be a formation that gets May involved far more and plays to his strengths.

I can understand playing our 4-5-1 formation against a tough opponent like Aberdeen yesterday, and next week against Rangers. But I'm hoping we play more positive against other teams around our level. The 3 centre midfielders make us more solid, but leave our striker very isolated.

11 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

No.

Best performance of the season, but we've still no back up left back, we're still out a cup, and we're still winless.

It's all fine and well waiting for the right signings, but that doesnt excuse the mess beforehand.

Played better at Easter rd, you should maybe not follow a wee club like us,if you can’t cope without perfection, in your eyes ,and whom caused the mess?

Edited by glenrothes 1884 saint

11 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Right then Dave, less of the told you so shite, let's all get behind the team and hopefully the new signings catapult us to Europe.

Never forget though, never ever forget about Dick van Dyke and his Knickerwetter cronies.

Always have been behind our team,who’s Dave?

6 hours ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Played better at Easter rd, you should maybe not follow a wee club like us,if you can’t cope without perfection, in your eyes ,and whom caused the mess?

Okay, I'll stop supporting Saints after a lifetime of it because I'm disappointed we couldnt beat Forfar and Montrose in the Cup, and have started the league season with no wins in 5.

It's been nice knowing you all.