Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

4 minutes ago, Templar said:

The formation 4:4:2 and team, I would play tomorrow. The only difficult decision was Craig, Davidson or McCann. I went for Craig because he is best defender of the 3 and this formation we have enough attacking players. 

lineup.png

I think Davidson would benefit a lot in that side arriving late into the box, what with the 2 up front occupying the defenders and Matty or Mikey crossing/cutting back.

Dont for one minute think that'll be the team though.

4 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

I think Davidson would benefit a lot in that side arriving late into the box, what with the 2 up front occupying the defenders and Matty or Mikey crossing/cutting back.

Dont for one minute think that'll be the team though.

I do not think it will be the team it's the one I would like to see. I believe Tommy will play his usual 4:5:1 May up front, Kennedy and MOH wide with Davidson, Holt and McCann in the centre.

12 hours ago, steviemay17 said:

Elliot Frear on LinkedIn trying to find himself a new team, can he play left-back?

Elliot Frear being played as a wing-back was one of the oddest things about Robinson's time in charge of us. 

Manager's email this week:

It's great to be back in Ladbrokes Premiership action this weekend and we're looking forward to the match against Aberdeen at Pittodrie. It's a fixture which is always keenly contested and in previous years we've had some good results up there against Derek's side. 

The international break is something we know about and prepare for well in advance so it hasn't had much of an impact on our preparations. It was a little disjointed at the beginning of the week with a couple of players away on international duty but we've been able to work on the fitness of one or two players and our new signings have been able to settle in to training with their new teammates as well.

Whenever you have a break you always want to get back out there playing so we're raring to go on Saturday. Aberdeen are a good side and you always know when you go up against them you're going to have to play well to win.

There were some positives to take despite the disappointing result at home to Kilmarnock last time out. I felt that there was only one side trying to get forward and win the game. They sat in, capitalised on our own mistake, and then we weren't able to find that final ball for a goal that would get us back in the match despite being the better side throughout.

Of course, there are things that we must do better and improve upon from the Kilmarnock match and if we can do that then I believe we can get a positive result this weekend. Our win up at Pittodrie last season should give the players confidence that we can go there and get the victory on Saturday.

We had our annual photocall this afternoon at McDiarmid Park and I have to say standing there with my squad I am really pleased with it. We've strengthened well throughout the window and although it's a smaller squad I think we've added real quality.

I'm still hopeful of bringing in another defender as cover for Scott Tanser but on the whole I'm delighted with the team we've assembled. We had to be patient but we identified our main targets and managed to get them.

Hopefully we can kick on now starting with the game at Pittodrie. For those travelling tomorrow, have a safe journey and I'm confident that with a good performance we can send you home happy. 

Best wishes,

Tommy Wright
St. Johnstone Manager

She was quite open about the issue on off the ball at lunchtime, despite saying she couldn't talk about it!

A nothing incident at training that Tommy blew right up, and said to Foster "if you're a real man you'd f**k off and not come back."  So he didn't go back. Apparently.

Probably a very one-sided opinion, but if it's at all accurate then either Tommy wanted to get him out to get a cheaper option in and free up some money for new signings, or he just completely turns against players and wants rid of them right away.  Brad McKay, Scougall, MacMillan, Anderson etc.  And now Foster. Callachan next?

41 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

She was quite open about the issue on off the ball at lunchtime, despite saying she couldn't talk about it!

A nothing incident at training that Tommy blew right up, and said to Foster "if you're a real man you'd f**k off and not come back."  So he didn't go back. Apparently.

Probably a very one-sided opinion, but if it's at all accurate then either Tommy wanted to get him out to get a cheaper option in and free up some money for new signings, or he just completely turns against players and wants rid of them right away.  Brad McKay, Scougall, MacMillan, Anderson etc.  And now Foster. Callachan next?

Well two weeks ago she was claiming nothing had happened and Foster was only leaving for first team football, so its probably not much of a riddle to figure out how accurate it is.

Well two weeks ago she was claiming nothing had happened and Foster was only leaving for first team football, so its probably not much of a riddle to figure out how accurate it is.

I can’t imagine why they invite a singer on to a show about football (I know she’s married to a player). This show is trying too hard to be something by having little known non-football people on. For me, it adds nothing and wastes air time. She should stick to singing. Plenty people who aren’t so fussy and so they’ll listen to her bland tunes.

18 minutes ago, andrewh said:

I can’t imagine why they invite a singer on to a show about football (I know she’s married to a player). This show is trying too hard to be something by having little known non-football people on. For me, it adds nothing and wastes air time. She should stick to singing. Plenty people who aren’t so fussy and so they’ll listen to her bland tunes.

Disagree. She should not stick to singing. 

Not interested in the tabloid gossip stuff but from a purely footballing perspective I think that Scott Tanser and possibly Kerr will improve with Foster out the team. I have no evidence for this but based on purely gut feel, I had the sense that they never really got on with him on the park. Absolutely certain it will be a better dressing room this year and I expect Holt being in and Wright being back will help, that pair seem experienced and mature beyond their years. Unlike Ricky who seemed like a frustrated and spoilt brat a lot of the time. 

Possibly unfair and he often contributed on the park, but his behaviour wasn't very St Johnstone. 

21 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Disagree. She should not stick to singing. 

Not interested in the tabloid gossip stuff but from a purely footballing perspective I think that Scott Tanser and possibly Kerr will improve with Foster out the team. I have no evidence for this but based on purely gut feel, I had the sense that they never really got on with him on the park. Absolutely certain it will be a better dressing room this year and I expect Holt being in and Wright being back will help, that pair seem experienced and mature beyond their years. Unlike Ricky who seemed like a frustrated and spoilt brat a lot of the time. 

Possibly unfair and he often contributed on the park, but his behaviour wasn't very St Johnstone. 

Aye, there always felt a difference between Foster berating players, and, for example, Anderson or Craig berating others.

After Kerr was made captain, I think the interviews on SaintsTV told their own story. Liam Craig seemed to be very supportive of the decision whilst Richard Foster’s interview was really the mark of someone who wears his heart on his sleeve and is incapable of fully concealing his feelings. To me, he seemed a little bitter and critical about Kerr’s captaincy, as well as making a mildly passive-aggressive remark about how he hoped it might help Jason’s ability to communicate on the pitch. This may well be the case, but it was on an official public platform. So god knows what he is like off-camera.

1 hour ago, andrewh said:

I have to admit, I'm enjoying your multi thread breakdown over off the ball and who they invite on. 

Is it purely down to Amy MacDonald swinging punches at Tommy Wright or do you regularly complain about the guests?