Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

17 hours ago, steviemay17 said:

It's a shame that the final memory of Ando will be that attempted tackle against Ross County where he was so slow and mis-timed he's not even able to bring the player down

Yeah. Its almost like that Simpsons episode where lisa breaks Ralph wiggams heart.......if you slow it down you can see the moment on his face where he realizes top flight football has ended for him.

Great player for us.

BBC states:

Holt's time with Rangers is over.

Holt's Rangers contract ends next summer and he realised he was not part of manager Steven Gerrard's plans. The 26-year-old midfielder, who has not played for the Ibrox side since May 2018, will spend the season in Perth.

"I think it is the best option for myself and my playing career, so it was something I was eager to do," he said.

Holt's first impression when joining St Johnstone was that there are a lot of younger players - and, although only 26 himself, he sees himself as someone who can bring experience to the club and become a leader in the team.

Saints manager Tommy Wright echoed that and stressed the importance of having players with experience at the top level.

"He has given the place a lift already with the quality he has shown in training," Wright said. "I'm really pleased.

"He can use the ball well, has good mobility and can nick a goal or two.

"I think it is important you get as many players that know the league as possible and Jason certainly does."

2 hours ago, Templar said:

BBC states:

Holt's time with Rangers is over.

Holt's Rangers contract ends next summer and he realised he was not part of manager Steven Gerrard's plans. The 26-year-old midfielder, who has not played for the Ibrox side since May 2018, will spend the season in Perth.

"I think it is the best option for myself and my playing career, so it was something I was eager to do," he said.

Holt's first impression when joining St Johnstone was that there are a lot of younger players - and, although only 26 himself, he sees himself as someone who can bring experience to the club and become a leader in the team.

Saints manager Tommy Wright echoed that and stressed the importance of having players with experience at the top level.

"He has given the place a lift already with the quality he has shown in training," Wright said. "I'm really pleased.

"He can use the ball well, has good mobility and can nick a goal or two.

"I think it is important you get as many players that know the league as possible and Jason certainly does."

This is an absolute nothing 'puff piece' story. There's nothing in it that wasn't known, or said when he signed in the first place. 

It's literally just been published to appease one half of the overall arse, so they can type out how highly an ex-player regards The Rangers. 

That, and absolutely nobody is interested in the Scotland game tonight because we're shite and have nae chance of qualifying from the group.

25 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Saints playing United in a bounce game today. 

Is the game behind closed doors? It would be interesting to see our formation and starting line up. I believe it will not be too far away from Saturdays line up.

1 hour ago, Templar said:

Is the game behind closed doors? It would be interesting to see our formation and starting line up. I believe it will not be too far away from Saturdays line up.

Was in St. Andrews I believe. United train there.

No idea who was playing. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

1 hour ago, SometimesShitRaith said:

Steven Anderson played in the Oatmeal Wafer Irn Bru challenge cup for half and hour and was superb. Was organising the defence the second he got on.

He is a good player who is now a bit short of what is required in the premier, but still has enough left for another couple of years or so in the lower leagues.He should also pop in a few goals for you as well