Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

2 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

Looks like the wee fud is one of the "ultras".

I'm fairly sure his photo is from Inverness. 

Walked outside the ground and thought a whole bunch of kids, running about giggling, were playing tig. Later that night found out it was apparently a "scrap between two firms".

On another note, I've released a new song. This is shameless self-promotion and you don't even have to listen to it, but a click would be much appreciated. I'm aiming for 1k views by the end of the month.

Good work TRS. What’s the point of an English degree :) or any degree it would seem.
Made me laugh but got the serious point too.
Procrastination medication? What’s wrong with a good old fashioned boot up the arse?
Only one question - how did you manage to reach the microphone?

42 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm fairly sure his photo is from Inverness. 

Walked outside the ground and thought a whole bunch of kids, running about giggling, were playing tig. Later that night found out it was apparently a "scrap between two firms".

Tragic.

49 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Genuinely fills me with rage that angry little men like @RandomGuy. * not being able to control their emotions means that now Tommy thinks I’m a moron by association. 

*other boo boys are available 

I wonder if it's just coincidence hes come out with this after the abuse tweeted towards Kane on the official Twitter yesterday?

Most of my ire towards Kane is just pure frustration. 

The stick Kane's been getting is as a whole OTT.  Yes in front of goal he's struggling and rightfully so fans are questioning that but it's a gripe for a while of mine and it's probably a football fan in general but the Saints fan who is a season ticket holder and goes to home games only rages at the thought of someone such as Kane starting on Saturday. 

He was never not going to start because the week previously he put in a very good performance. 

He's never going to be a world beater but fans giving him pelters on social media as well as on the pitch isn't going to help him, just hinder him. 

Although it does make me wonder why we let guys like Cummins go. Again not a world beater but plenty effort, decent enough in build up play, hard working, missed some glaring chances but picked up an occasional goal. When's the last time Kane scored? Kane is certainly not any better than him that's for sure. 

Kane maybe isn't better but he'll be a lot cheaper I'd imagine. We brought in Cummins from Exeter via Preston and I think they paid a fee for him so he wont have been a cheap player for Saints.

I agree with your post though. I'm not Kane's biggest fan but you can see the value he adds to the team. You never know - he might be the foil that May needs to start scoring goals again.

1 hour ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

The stick Kane's been getting is as a whole OTT. 

This will be the manager's issue I'm sure. Maybe the player as well if he's spoken to TW about it.

Nobody will have a problem with any fan having an opinion on a player but there is a leap from that to some of the personal, and frankly disgusting, stuff that is not only said about Kane but he has his name tagged into as well.

The predictable response will be, well he'll have to be thick skinned to make it, or why is he on social media but really, no, he shouldn't have to deal with this nonsense because folk shouldn't be such arseholes.

Not surprised that move (Callachan to Arbroath) didn't happen. Although he'd obviously still train with Saints, it would be part-time football and I can't imagine they'd cover much of his wages. 

I really thought he'd get a (loan to a) full-time club in that league. 

I think there's a chance for him to turn things round still. 

The problem with Kane is, I'm not sure you can run about and create goals when you are a lone striker. In doing so you are inevitably not in a position to receive anything in the box. He certainly isn't a spearhead.

Would he be more effective playing further back if may is the loan striker? My preferred option would be a line of MOH, Kennedy, Wright behind may if we go 4-5-1 but having Kane as an option to swap out with Wright may be an option 

1 hour ago, The Saintee said:

Kane did really well at Dumbarton. Did he play in a 2 there?

Scored a decent amount of goals and most of them were balls into the area and he'd knock it in at the far post etc. 
He just doesn't get into those areas at the moment for Saints. 

Even if you look at his goal at Tannadice a few seasons ago. Really good header. So I have hope the overall ability is there, mentally he needs a bit of a boost as well as encouragement to get in between the central defenders etc at the right time when the balls out wide.