Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

13 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Sounds like McClean was a tough one - he's gone because he wants to play regular football and was happy to leave to try and find first team football - he's now speaking to an Irish  league club.  No mention of McMillan or Anderson so presumably they'll be pulled back into the first team fold until January.

I happened to be passing through McDairmid today and Ando was training the younger lads. Looked very much like 'training them' rather than 'training with them', being the oldest on the park by about 20 years. 

5 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Might be he's effectively retired and is now a coach? Would hope that relations haven't completely soured with him!

To be fair he must have known the writing was on the wall when he asked to be farmed out last year. 

I think that keeping him as a defence coach, given the age of our back line, would be no bad thing. 

10 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

To be fair he must have known the writing was on the wall when he asked to be farmed out last year. 

I think that keeping him as a defence coach, given the age of our back line, would be no bad thing. 

We not got enough defence minded coaches with A goalie as manager; Defender as assistant and defender as 1st team coach.

What we need is a forward coach - bring in McCoist for a few days a week.

23 minutes ago, Templar Saint said:

We not got enough defence minded coaches with A goalie as manager; Defender as assistant and defender as 1st team coach.

What we need is a forward coach - bring in McCoist for a few days a week.

True, but if he's on the payroll anyway ....

Didn't see if he was collecting the young lad's lunch money though.

I would prefer not to see McCoist anywhere near our club TBH.

5 minutes ago, Templar Saint said:

Ok Valentino; 7-2; Tree House Tam not McCoist but some other ex forward who coiuld teach our guys how to hold up a ball; turn a defender and shoot on target.

Your suggestions would be welcome.

Why do we have to name anyone? It wasn't our suggestion. 

We've just brought an absolute baller into the team who knows all those things and more. And as a bonus, I don't think they hold hateful views on Catholics. 

It there's any spare wage money sloshing around it would be better spent on a left back, IMO. 

35 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

84178D03-073F-47CE-82DC-AD6E2D48EAD2.gif.c214462c7cf5bac09de555aade20633a.gif

f**k Aberdeen and f**k Kilmarnock. 

26 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Yes.

Richard Foster might be an angry wee mentalist, but, on the basis that he spent 3 (mostly decent) years at St Johnstone, he's a better guy than absolutely every c**t in Aberdeen and kilmarnock.

ruh roh   @RandomGuy. 

looks like you've upset some of the villagers mate.

2e8tp4.jpg.ca7c723ec480a98725a2234c5c468461.jpg

I've said before that Billy Dodds could come in a couple of days a week then still do his media work. He's meant to be a very decent forwards coach. 

Not sure what to make of the situation with Anderson. I hope it's right that he's been asked to take a role coaching the young players as the first team were at Stirling today and it's pretty appalling if a club legend is being forced to report to Perth to train with kids. 

Still a bit disappointed about Kyle McClean going, although certainly the manager makes it sound like it was at least mutual. Still not sure why it couldn't have been a loan, even back to the Irish Premiership, where he's supposedly heading. I do accept that McCann, a year younger, is playing a bit deeper than you'd maybe expect him to and that's in McClean's area of the pitch.