Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

5 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

There is a match day "team" but everything else is done by Gary on his own during the week as part of his role, which I think also has a commercial side to it .Gary would have had to be there from 9am to around 9pm to cover the meeting as well.

I didn't even think of it being covered but in the marketing world, as many others, there are times you have to work long days when it's needed. 

1 minute ago, Kyle said:

That poor guy seems to have a hell of a job on his hands with the remit he has. Can always rely on some updates out of these things but having Paulo giving us such a comprehensive break down was greatly appreciated.

To be fair as one of the volunteers if he needs help he asks but knows what he is doing. Under Ross we all posted and responded to other clubs on twitter etc but now we only touch the official accounts on match days or if asked.

With Paul's departure would expect Gary will be given some of his role on the press and programme side.

They will probably need 2 people to do the jobs Paul did. Paul Smith deserves an entry in the hall of fame.

1 minute ago, 7-2 said:

I didn't even think of it being covered but in the marketing world, as many others, there are times you have to work long days when it's needed. 

True and all the staff at McDiarmid do that for midweek home games and the media person does it for every league and cup fixture played during the week.

2 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

True and all the staff at McDiarmid do that for midweek home games and the media person does it for every league and cup fixture played during the week.

I would hope so.

2 hours ago, steviemay17 said:

Would imagine it will be someone obvious (i.e played up here) so someone like Jason Naismith or Paul Caddis who were mentioned, or anthony ralston on loan.

If we are still looking at a left back then we are always linked to stephen Hendrie who looks like he's free .

From what was said, my guess was Ralston

Someone being angry at Rangers fans being horrible sectarian bigots being on a par with Rangers fans being horrible sectarian bigots is a bizarre take to be honest. 

A few people who were there have posted specifically that they saw it the same way. Honestly, Ali, you had to have been there to get it. It was odd. I really would like to speak to him.

5 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

From what was said, my guess was Ralston

I guessed Ralston (away with Celtic on European duty and wouldn't be back in time for tomorrow's game anyway) or someone from down south who would be coming up at the start of next week.

35 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

I'm aware that for a Sunday half 12 kick off against the Old Firm etc staff are up and in mcd by 5am to start preparing. Lets be honest for an absolute pittance ££ as well. 

3 minutes ago, McGarci said:

RALSTON AND HENDRY from celtic... what do you think?

We dont need Hendry, and I dont see why he'd join.

1 hour ago, realmadrid said:

There is a match day "team" but everything else is done by Gary on his own during the week as part of his role, which I think also has a commercial side to it .Gary would have had to be there from 9am to around 9pm to cover the meeting as well.

SLO could have done it as Bev was in attendance I believe, if only Gary on his own or he could have worked flexi time or toil.

15 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Naismith is who I’m led to believe is the rb,but only a season loan

Would still be decent, it's a position that didn't really need filled until this week so probably an upgrade on foster too.

as a side point do people on here buy the whole thing about foster is angry so he must be passionate and we should have kept him? All he did was try and blame everyone else and getting angry just hurt the team, not that sad to see him go

1 minute ago, steviemay17 said:

Would still be decent, it's a position that didn't really need filled until this week so probably an upgrade on foster too.

as a side point do people on here buy the whole thing about foster is angry so he must be passionate and we should have kept him? All he did was try and blame everyone else and getting angry just hurt the team, not that sad to see him go

Foster done a job for us.

Caused a few issues and has gone (tart it up how you like).

We move on - end of story.

3 minutes ago, Templar Saint said:

Foster done a job for us.

Caused a few issues and has gone (tart it up how you like).

We move on - end of story.

This.

If the Naismith story is true, that would be just delightful, even if were just a loan. A high, high quality right back.

Ralston feels more realistic for some reason, and I'm not sure how to feel about that. It's better than nothing and hes clearly got something, but is it worth developing him for a season over Duffy after he performed well against Hibs?

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

This.

If the Naismith story is true, that would be just delightful, even if were just a loan. A high, high quality right back.

Ralston feels more realistic for some reason, and I'm not sure how to feel about that. It's better than nothing and hes clearly got something, but is it worth developing him for a season over Duffy after he performed well against Hibs?

Ralston, I feel, would be detrimental to Duffy's development and cannot get my head round why we would loan him.

Naismith on loan, would hopefully help Duffy develop whilst on loan for 12 months and also give our defence a bit of experience.

9 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Yeah, I think he’s a loss, although not a huge one (assuming we sign a competent replacement) but the passion thing I’m not getting. Seeing a lot of ‘always gave his all comments,’ from people who obviously missed the cup game at Parkhead last year. 

I just think people confuse effort and giving your all with an angry shouty man