Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Are we seeing a settled and effective core unit forming before our eyes or are we seeing cracks being papered over?

Not suggesting football fans are prone to knee jerk reactions but I'm uncomfortable with the positivity after yesterday's game.

For me it's cautious optimism.

The biggest positive was the idea that guys like McCann, Duffy and Gordon might be up to playing regularly at this level. Patience will be needed with all three - and we saw that a couple of times with Gordon and McCann - but there's the possibility they can at least do a job and just maybe actually improve the side.

There is plenty still to keep the pessimists awake. Depending on what happens with Foster we may only have 6 first team defenders and 4 of them are exclusively centre halves of which one of whom Wright doesn't want and another looked very shaky in his debut. In addition, there is only 2 first team strikers. We've already seen the effect an injury crisis can have. It maybe that something all clubs around us have at times to a degree. We ran with 6 defenders in spells 2014-2016 but had more flexibility with guys like MacKay, Miller and Scobbie. It certainly feels this season we lack depth though.

I've never been as worried as some were and I think a month or so will tell us where we are. I suggested a few weeks ago that we are potentially a few signings from a really decent side and an injury crisis away from a relegation battle and I still think that's where we are. A decent striker (ideally two), another central midfielder and and at least one more body at the back and I think we might be set for a top six battle if the younger players continue performances like Saturday.

36 minutes ago, Bankfoot Saints said:

What’s the bets we have to wait till Monday night before it happens 

No.....here is my theory:

Thursday evening 80 saints season ticket holders are gathered in the Centenary Suite.

Directors are mixing with them but Stevie Brown is not there.

As the open forum gets under way the doors burst open and in walks the chairman.

He gives his apologies for being late and then announces a special guest will be at the meeting.

In walks Mr May and a beaming Tommy Wright waving the signed contract.

Deal done and what a PR coup by the Chairman.

9 minutes ago, Templar Saint said:

No.....here is my theory:

Thursday evening 80 saints season ticket holders are gathered in the Centenary Suite.

Directors are mixing with them but Stevie Brown is not there.

As the open forum gets under way the doors burst open and in walks the chairman.

He gives his apologies for being late and then announces a special guest will be at the meeting.

In walks Mr May and a beaming Tommy Wright waving the signed contract.

Deal done and what a PR coup by the Chairman.

If that happens, I really hope it's not just May. 

Did we figure out if we had an inside man for the meeting? Can someone livestream it?

Maybe Brown will confiscate phones at the door. 

1 minute ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Can someone livestream it?

Already got footage of Broon walking in minutes after the May deal is announced.

Spoiler

tenor.gif 

Spoiler

Can't be arsed putting Broons head on that :lol:

'First come first served', eh? I need one of you people to confirm that you're attending this event before I begin to get suspicious.

I’m attending this event.
I think.
I’m not sure.
I’m getting on and my memory isn’t what it was.
Eh mind o Gillie.
He was my grandad’s cousin.
Where was I?

54 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

'First come first served', eh? I need one of you people to confirm that you're attending this event before I begin to get suspicious.

I am. Emailed Bev, and she replied saying I was successful. No agenda, just a bloke with a season ticket. 

6 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Should be news later tonight about foster situation...

I'll be the first to suggest an injury wouldnt be announced late on a Sunday a week before the next game. 

Which can only mean...

29 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

I think he’ll play in the Meh Derby next week.

Not necessarily for us.

This is the second thing I've seen linking him with Killie.

If hes gone we need full back cover, badly. 

A RB, LB, CM and ST all needed in the next 8 days 😳

On 23/08/2019 at 08:46, mathematics said:

Definitely won't be the team.

33 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

I think he’ll play in the Meh Derby next week.

Not necessarily for us.

Aha...that'll explain the above, apparently out of the blue post from a Killie fan in the match thread on Friday.

So confirmation that Foster is out and May deal is back on (probably). 

I’d take that as a trade off, tbh. 

Mr Angry strikes again by the looks of things. He needs to go to anger management. 

Edited by Kyle