Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

30 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Bring back the Stevie May transfer chat please, 100 times better than this pish.

Latest twitter rumour is United have returned with a new offer for him, and it's closer to his Aberdeen wage than our offer.

The player now just wants out of Aberdeen before hes stuck in their stands for 6 months.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Latest twitter rumour is United have returned with a new offer for him, and it's closer to his Aberdeen wage than our offer.

The player now just wants out of Aberdeen before hes stuck in their stands for 6 months.

Thank f**k. Bring all this shite to an end and let Broon take the wrath, unless he pulls a better rabbit out the hat.

13 hours ago, ali_91 said:

Questions to ask the chairman next week include his thoughts on knocking the North Stand down and building flats overlooking the ground or turning the car park in to a caravan park during the summer months. 

Ask him if he thinks there'll ever be a boy born who can swim faster than a shark

14 hours ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

I don't have Saints TV so I'm not sure of tonight's Youth Academy game V Man United was being shown but the Twitter coverage was extremely poor..Only the half and full time scores given.No information on lineups or scorers

At the request of the visitors.

The whole thing was arranged very late, they should be on tour in Hong Kong but decided not to go and did not want a lot of publicity around the game.  they booked time at St Andrews and called Saints in the middle of last week to request a game there, we then suggested McDiarmid.

They also had players on trial who they did not want to alert other clubs about so no numbers were issued on the team line.

There will be a highlights package for Saints TV subscribers and I will get the match album on facebook in the next 24 hours.

5 hours ago, Templar said:

FrankChickens I have come across some childish people in my time and you are right up there with them. I disliked one of your posts (as did another) So you troll through my posts and dislike them. Can you tell my why? Or is that your MO to get people not to dislike your posts. Time to grow up and stop throwing your teddy in the corner every time your post is disliked

5 hours ago, Templar said:

Thanks ail-91 I should have known better now you can dislike this one too

4 hours ago, Templar said:

Not looking for a pat on the back every time I post. If in someone believes my posts are shite I accept it. There is obviously a hidden agenda with one if you dislike their posts. Just trying to understand if they are hyenas or children. But I will carry on and now become a hyena and reciprocate. 

Feel free to dislike this post, I am expecting the hyenas to have a feeding frenzy of dislikes

As a mod I feel it right that I explain my negative vote on your posts and to let you know that any repeats of similarly aggressive posting will not be accepted by this fine website and I will ban you:

Post 1 - Accusing a poster of trolling when they use the dotting system to keep us on a good track.

Post 2 - Posting simply to tell someone else to abuse the dotting system.

Post 3 - Inferring that posters are animals.

Consider this warning number 1. I feel an apology from you to your fellow Saints fans is in order.

27 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

They also had players on trial who they did not want to alert other clubs about so no numbers were issued on the team line.

Probably optimistic but hopefully a small window of opportunity for Saints if any of the ones on trial don't get offered anything by United? 

Always encouraging how close these games. Anyone stand out for Saints last night? 

14 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

Guy has just posted on WAP that the players are being charged £20 a month for their lunches.

That's the young players, which I agree with tbh. They have to learn about the big bad world in lots of ways and a pound a day should do the trick :lol:

got to love Scrooge Broon, tight as f**k.

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

That's the young players, which I agree with tbh. They have to learn about the big bad world in lots of ways and a pound a day should do the trick :lol:

got to love Scrooge Broon, tight as f**k.

Think the issue is the players only found about it when they got paid less than expected. 

2 hours ago, realmadrid said:

At the request of the visitors.

The whole thing was arranged very late, they should be on tour in Hong Kong but decided not to go and did not want a lot of publicity around the game.  they booked time at St Andrews and called Saints in the middle of last week to request a game there, we then suggested McDiarmid.

There will be a highlights package for Saints TV subscribers and I will get the match album on facebook in the next 24 hours.

Ok thanks but I can't really see why our Twitter account could not have listed our players and scorers

Edited by Lang Toon Saintee

57 minutes ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

Ok thanks but I can't really see why our Twitter account could not have listed our players and scorers

Some of our players were not even in shirt numbers, id certainly have struggled to tweet that game as nether side provided a team line, just a list of players in alphabetical order and then there were players who were on the pitch who were not on the lists, it was very much a trial game or closed doors and if it had been played at St Andrews there would have been no coverage at all.

The match album is now up on the club facebook page.

69109142_2529589010397398_57086972966322

2 hours ago, The Saintee said:

Guy has just posted on WAP that the players are being charged £20 a month for their lunches.

Unless everyone in the workplace is getting a free lunch (Office staff as well) they will need to do this as its my understanding that the tax man would see this as a benefit in kind and the players will be taxed on them and the club have to pay NI on the cost of the meals.  This may be a way to legally do this.