Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

11 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Fuckin hell, you lot still banging on about Stevie May? You'll get him at the last minute, he'll score 4 goals all season and you'll wonder what this fuss was all about. 

4 goals! :o 

Give the man a lifetime contract

How long before we see the Tommy Wright article bigging up Chris Kane, all his attributes and his scoring potential? When we see that article that's when I'll give up all hope of a first choice striker joining the club. 

It’s still really depressing that saints haven’t had a player score 2 or more goals in a league game in over a season now. Last time it actually happened was Tony Watt against QotS if I’m not mistaken and that was after extra time. Dread to think who it was in the league!

7 minutes ago, Widge said:

It’s still really depressing that saints haven’t had a player score 2 or more goals in a league game in over a season now. Last time it actually happened was Tony Watt against QotS if I’m not mistaken and that was after extra time. Dread to think who it was in the league!

I'd guess at Maccas final game.

We've apparently surpassed last season's season ticket sales according to the latest email.

The latest email - is the first one I’ve received for years. This new system is wonderful! Or is it just that Stan’s been busy?

I've had more e-mails from Saints in the past week than I've had in the past 3 seasons. Good to see they are making use of their new toys and actively promoting some events/offers/competitions.

Now all they need to do is send an e-mail to May with a decent contract offer. 

6 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Worth remembering he needed to be registered in time to play that night.

I know someone who reminds me of Brown in terms of business, if they came out a meeting and found out someone they're negotiating with was asking for more money at the last minute, theyd simply tell them to f**k off.

Surely the whole deal wasn't dependent on him being available and in the squad to play Brechin at home though. 

I'm sure most of us dont have any issue with us turning round and saying f**k off if the story is true that we'd agreed terms and then they tried asking for more after. The issue isnt that, the issue for me is if they then came back and said they were happy with the initial terms, why then do we need to be so stubborn. I know a bit presumptive but that's the impression it gives. 

50 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

Possibly mentioned already but you'd imagine off the record consensus on terms would have been achieved prior to a loan request, no?

What would be the point if your last contact had been acrimonious?

No. Terms for loan deals are between both clubs not the player.  Saints would pay Aberdeen an agreed amount and they pay the player according to his deal with them.

3 minutes ago, Templar Saint said:

No. Terms for loan deals are between both clubs not the player.  Saints would pay Aberdeen an agreed amount and they pay the player according to his deal with them.

And a player can still turn it down. 

It is odd as it presupposes May and Broob can still be in a room together. 

If so, why not buy 

Edited by FrankChickens1

24 minutes ago, FrankChickens1 said:

And a player can still turn it down. 

The Daily Record report stated Aberdeen rejected the move as they don't want him out on loan, "all or nothing" was the claim.

May has seemingly made it clear he wants to be at Saints, and has managed to get himself ostracised at his current club, and turned down more lucrative offers, to come back, whatever fault he has for the initial deal falling doesn't really matter now considering hes come back and said he'd accept it. Its down to Steve Brown and Tommy Wright why hes not here, whether thats Brown refusing to give him the initial offer again, or TW spunking the budget on players we didn't need.

I think its a mix. I also think we might need to gamble and just sign folk, even if nobody goes out, and take the financial hit this season, as right now we're in a bad place all over the park and the obvious departure, McMillan, has been up for sale for 8 months without interest. Relying on him out before someone in, is stupid. Relegation would be worse financially than a loss this season, unless both Dundee sides somehow manage to remain in the second tier next season.

Edited by RandomGuy.

9 minutes ago, Dele said:

Didn't May agree a severance (or agreed to leave without one) with Aberdeen about a month ago? 

Indeed. We agreed a deal with him and he was all set to sign. 

Then ‘the events’ happened and we’re all sad. 

5 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

The events weren’t Saints or Stevie fault,hopefully he’s terminated the causes contract 

I didn't express a view any which way.

At this point I don't think it really matters who was at fault to be honest. We're a month down the line from that and we still don't have a first choice striker.