Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

What's the deal with the old tannoy guy, btw?

Is he salty at the club or legit? For the past few weeks hes been suggesting the May deal fell through initially because Brown was at a meeting for GS Brown the day May was due to sign, and when May asked for alterations to the contract, they couldn't get a hold of Brown and it fell through.

As others on here have said, this is a total embarrassment for both St Johnstone and Stevie May. Aberdeen have done almost everything possible to make the transfer happen. What Aberdeen need to do now is to totally embarrass St Johnstone by giving Stevie May to St Johnstone, pay the extra amount to St Johnstone that May is looking for, for them to give to May,  and stipulate that he never ever plays against us. Sorted.

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

As others on here have said, this is a total embarrassment for both St Johnstone and Stevie May. Aberdeen have done almost everything possible to make the transfer happen. What Aberdeen need to do now is to totally embarrass St Johnstone by giving Stevie May to St Johnstone, pay the extra amount to St Johnstone that May is looking for, for them to give to May,  and stipulate that he never ever plays against us. Sorted.

Cheers.

We'll be in the championship anyway.

43 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Further comments from Thomson seem to be confirming we're still technically a part time time club (maybe even worse?) over transfer windows, as Steve Brown is, according to his own words, only there full time on Tuesday and Friday during the week, and every deal has to have his sign off.

Makes you wonder how many deals we've missed out on due to situations like this May one. I'd be stunned if this was the first example of it, it'll just be the first in the public domain.

Did you not know this already? Been like that for years.

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I feel sorry for you lot, tbh. You've done right by May by allowing him to walk away for nothing as his career stagnating, and you're probably wanting to conclude further deals once his wage is gone.

Just now, tree house tam said:

Did you not know this already? Been like that for years.

I just assumed he'd be in all the time during transfer windows due to how quickly things can change, didn't give it much thought tbh.

Looking back instances like Swanson signing for Hearts, makes you wonder if we'd agreed a deal with him on the Tuesday, he got his pay off down South, and then we didn't actually get him in to sign it on the Friday, but by then Hearts had come in.

23 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

What's the deal with the old tannoy guy, btw?

Is he salty at the club or legit? For the past few weeks hes been suggesting the May deal fell through initially because Brown was at a meeting for GS Brown the day May was due to sign, and when May asked for alterations to the contract, they couldn't get a hold of Brown and it fell through.

Surely though it could have been sorted like the next day or after his meeting finished though? Like I cant see that May needed an answer within a few hours, its not like it was deadline day. 

I've no idea if true of course but just seems unlikely, presume you think similar? 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

I just assumed he'd be in all the time during transfer windows due to how quickly things can change, didn't give it much thought tbh.

Looking back instances like Swanson signing for Hearts, makes you wonder if we'd agreed a deal with him on the Tuesday, he got his pay off down South, and then we didn't actually get him in to sign it on the Friday, but by then Hearts had come in.

Just checked the Swanson one. Agreed to leave Coventry on Tuesday the 1st September, it was heavily reported he was signing for us. A week later, Wednesday 9th, he was announced by Hearts.

Did we wait until the Friday to give him the contract, giving Hearts time to build a deal and blow us out the water?

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I feel sorry for you lot, tbh. You've done right by May by allowing him to walk away for nothing as his career stagnating, and you're probably wanting to conclude further deals once his wage is gone.

I would suspect we're playing a bit of a game of chicken here, given you agreed a permanent deal before and that's we'd prefer we're just telling you to piss off on a loan deal in the hope you back down.

3 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Surely though it could have been sorted like the next day or after his meeting finished though? Like I cant see that May needed an answer within a few hours, its not like it was deadline day. 

I've no idea if true of course but just seems unlikely, presume you think similar? 

Worth remembering he needed to be registered in time to play that night.

I know someone who reminds me of Brown in terms of business, if they came out a meeting and found out someone they're negotiating with was asking for more money at the last minute, theyd simply tell them to f**k off.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

I would suspect we're playing a bit of a game of chicken here, given you agreed a permanent deal before and that's we'd prefer we're just telling you to piss off on a loan deal in the hope you back down.

ooft. Don't underestimate the stubbornness of bulletproof.

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

Google "bulletproof Steve Brown St Johnstone", read the article, and figure out how that'll go. He doesnt seem to understand we're a football club.

He asks in the article why football clubs have so many players because "in business you dont give half your staff the day off but still pay them".

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Google "bulletproof Steve Brown St Johnstone", read the article, and figure out how that'll go. He doesnt seem to understand we're a football club.

He asks in the article why football clubs have so many players because "in business you dont give half your staff the day off but still pay them".

Milne isn't exactly a charitable main either. If he feels we're getting a worse deal because of an issue between Saints and Stevie May then he'll be stubborn too.

Quite sad really, it's in the interest of both clubs and obviously the player to get it done. I suspect it will go to the wire now in any case.

2 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Fuckin hell, you lot still banging on about Stevie May? You'll get him at the last minute, he'll score 4 goals all season and you'll wonder what this fuss was all about. 

At this point I would make a lot of fuss if we could sign someone who would guarantee at least 4 goals..

9 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Fuckin hell, you lot still banging on about Stevie May? You'll get him at the last minute, he'll score 4 goals all season and you'll wonder what this fuss was all about. 

4 goals would make him our top scoring league striker last season...