Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

It’s utterly embarrassing for the club all round. Don’t think I’d go as far as to say it’s made me disinterested in the club as others have suggested hearing but then not one of those who go week in week out given my location. It does however make it difficult not to be critical and negative of the situation. I just don’t get how we can’t do business on pre contracts well in advance of late August. Even if we do now manage to get 2/3 in, you feel something has to change In the way the club deals with transfers because this isn’t the first time we’ve made a meal of a transfer window.

It all ok the squad is in a good place.  Mikey & Matty will get 9 goals a piece and the blossoming Kane and Hendry partnership looks like getting close to 30 goals between it. 

We have secured two young talents on longer contracts.  I'm certain the main focus of that bit of business is to keep then here and build the next generation round them, there is no way we have done this to then let them go the minute some one comes in with a bid of £10 and a Greggs steak bake.

Drey Wright will return from his second cruciate ligament surgery of his career and be the spark that leads us to glory.

Its also been about 6 month and Danny Swanson has not hit anyone.

its all rosy

42 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Hopefully that'll be him out the loop then. If he isn't already.

He made a comment about being banned from the club a week or so ago.

8 hours ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

I really don't get the nonsense with the May saga. 

We offered him terms, he asked for more. We said no. He came back and said he'd take the previous terms we were happy to offer. 

We said no...

Now a loan offer? Why so much fucking about. If we were happy to offer the terms in the first instance I don't understand the reluctance to offer it again. 

Was May in training with St Johnstone during the time between making the offer and him rejecting it? Perhaps during that time they decided he wasn't actually worth it? Interest from other clubs seems to have died now as well. If St Johnstone are now only wanting a loan, maybe there is more to it than just money?

8 minutes ago, GAD said:

Was May in training with St Johnstone during the time between making the offer and him rejecting it? Perhaps during that time they decided he wasn't actually worth it? Interest from other clubs seems to have died now as well. If St Johnstone are now only wanting a loan, maybe there is more to it than just money?

He wasnt training with us, no.

Nobody knows the full story, but it seems to be that he was set to sign for us, then they went back to the club to ask for some adjustments in the contract involving more money.

Club pulled the deal. May then came back and said he'd accept the deal that had been on the table, without the adjustments, and the club refused to give him a contract theyd already offered, and instead gave him an offer which I'm certain was reported as fairly heavily reduced. The player walked away.

Now we're trying to loan him, as it seems like somethings happened that means we cant afford him.

Best guess is we've decided we need more signings so the budget saved for May is now being cut up to cover other players. Which makes a mockery of the managers preaching about "quality over quantity", if we're planning to sign lots of players for less. 

You enter theory territory by suggesting the chairman is now in a huff with May and refusing to give him what he wants out of some misguided principle, or that we've somehow lost the £2.7m sitting in the bank doing nothing.

Edited by RandomGuy.

"Working hard to make it happen" :lol: May has accepted a contract offer to sign permanently, yet the chairman is flat out refusing to offer him it again. Wonder if that's him saying the Shaw story is shite?

TW also says we had no interest in McPake...

10 minutes ago, GAD said:

Interest from other clubs seems to have died now as well.

He wants to go to St Johnstone, nowhere else. It's not a great negotiating position for him. But equally, he knows that St Johnstone really want him. It's not a great negotiating position for the club.

When folk talk about training kit they mean he was away home on the Tuesday night with all his gear after recording his signing interview with the club TV channel. We only had six subs on the Wednesday night (I reckon the first time we've ever not filled the bench) as he was in the team. 

Further comments from Thomson seem to be confirming we're still technically a part time time club (maybe even worse?) over transfer windows, as Steve Brown is, according to his own words, only there full time on Tuesday and Friday during the week, and every deal has to have his sign off.

Makes you wonder how many deals we've missed out on due to situations like this May one. I'd be stunned if this was the first example of it, it'll just be the first in the public domain.

Edited by RandomGuy.

8 minutes ago, Radford said:

He wants to go to St Johnstone, nowhere else. It's not a great negotiating position for him. But equally, he knows that St Johnstone really want him. It's not a great negotiating position for the club.

When folk talk about training kit they mean he was away home on the Tuesday night with all his gear after recording his signing interview with the club TV channel. We only had six subs on the Wednesday night (I reckon the first time we've ever not filled the bench) as he was in the team. 

Fair enough, I can understand that. It feels like St Johnstone is the only place he's likely to be a success and I think he knows that. I'm fairly certain of he signed for St Mirren or Dundee or whoever he would be shite, but St Johnstone seems to fit. I can't actually believe he's not signed for you yet to be honest.

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Further comments from Thomson seem to be confirming we're still technically a part time time club (maybe even worse?) over transfer windows, as Steve Brown is, according to his own words, only there full time on Tuesday and Friday during the week, and every deal has to have his sign off.

Makes you wonder how many deals we've missed out on due to situations like this May one. I'd be stunned if this was the first example of it, it'll just be the first in the public domain.

Who cares. Today is TUESDAY so we could see some signing action today. Big bulletproof Broon is in da hoose!