Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Sorry no info on any deals

None of those fit the description of the guy that was hosted by the club with his family.  I always thought if things got to that stage it was almost a rubber stamp job if the better half was happy. Any info available [mention=54832]perthsaint1977[/mention] now it looks as if it isn't happening?

Going back to what was discussed earlier - I'm utterly fed up of the May saga - about the squad. I looked at the make-up of it because I expected to see what we are being fed about it being younger etc... That part is probably true but in terms of numbers, as @Kyle says, it's about where you'd expect.

In that case, the chairman is surely within his rights to tell the manager that players need to leave before he can add to the group. That comes back to the manager, these are his players, that he signed and it's him that's decided he doesn't want two or three of them. As I've said all along, you can't force boys to take pay offs if they've nowhere to go. It's Tommy Wright that's built an unbalanced squad. 

The other interesting point raised is does the chairman blink and let the manager add players if we can't move others on? That then puts the finger of blame back in his direction (if he doesn't) if we struggle with £2 million sitting in the bank.

An interesting two weeks awaits... 

1 minute ago, Radford said:

Going back to what was discussed earlier - I'm utterly fed up of the May saga - about the squad. I looked at the make-up of it because I expected to see what we are being fed about it being younger etc... That part is probably true but in terms of numbers, as @Kyle says, it's about where you'd expect.

In that case, the chairman is surely within his rights to tell the manager that players need to leave before he can add to the group. That comes back to the manager, these are his players, that he signed and it's him that's decided he doesn't want two or three of them. As I've said all along, you can't force boys to take pay offs if they've nowhere to go. It's Tommy Wright that's built an unbalanced squad. 

The other interesting point raised is does the chairman blink and let the manager add players if we can't move others on? That then puts the finger of blame back in his direction (if he doesn't) if we struggle with £2 million sitting in the bank.

An interesting two weeks awaits... 

Haven't wee come out and said though that theres money there for a striker, it's for other signings that players would need to leave to make way

23 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

tenor.gif

I'm at this stage too. I let out a laugh when I saw the article confirming we aren't actually going the extra mile to get May and that we can't get Shaw because of 'finances' :lol: 

We deserve all we get this season to be honest. Whether it's the managers fault or the chairman's it doesn't really matter.

He's said he's made money available for the striker, beyond the budget. Last season saw us running with as big a squad as we have had under the chairman. I know we lost a good few players in the summer but the numbers at the moment are about where I'd expect us to be, maybe a couple light but then we've given out good, long contracts to Kerr and Clark. I was certainly guilty of taking for granted that there would be money available and like others was surprised when Steve Brown said we were already at budget. When you look deeper at it though, it becomes clearer and makes sense. 

I think the manager knows he's been pretty well backed and that anything he's wanting to do involves dipping into cash reserves unless we can shift two, three or four players. 

Could really do with shifting Anderson, McMillan and Callachan at least this week. 

As much as Wright is responsible as far as we know for the signings no manager is ever going to have a 100% success rate. Whoever deals with the outgoings at our club needs to work at getting these players off our books. It’s not like we are trying to offload our highest earners I’m pretty sure a 25k payoff would likely do the job to help them sign for another club.

Maybe it’s the 15 hour shift I’ve just done but I’m just so frustrated how close we are to having an exciting team yet we aren’t going to get the final pieces of the puzzle. 3 signings could make us a top six team but with the penny pinching that seems to be going on a relegation fight is looking more likely. I don’t understand how we were going to be signing May a couple weeks ago and all seemed to be agreed now we can’t afford it.

I said on Wap years ago we would always be one transfer window away from a relegation fight, looks like this could be the year

Just now, YHallSaint said:

As much as Wright is responsible as far as we know for the signings no manager is ever going to have a 100% success rate. Whoever deals with the outgoings at our club needs to work at getting these players off our books. It’s not like we are trying to offload our highest earners I’m pretty sure a 25k payoff would likely do the job to help them sign for another club.

Maybe it’s the 15 hour shift I’ve just done but I’m just so frustrated how close we are to having an exciting team yet we aren’t going to get the final pieces of the puzzle. 3 signings could make us a top six team but with the penny pinching that seems to be going on a relegation fight is looking more likely. I don’t understand how we were going to be signing May a couple weeks ago and all seemed to be agreed now we can’t afford it.

I said on Wap years ago we would always be one transfer window away from a relegation fight, looks like this could be the year

Agree, it feels quite a key time for the club. A couple of quality players from being a very good, top six side.. or mess it up, have a bad season and lose it all, along with all the good players we currently have.

I really don't get the nonsense with the May saga. 

We offered him terms, he asked for more. We said no. He came back and said he'd take the previous terms we were happy to offer. 

We said no...

Now a loan offer? Why so much fucking about. If we were happy to offer the terms in the first instance I don't understand the reluctance to offer it again.