Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 minute ago, Kyle said:

Yes a 17 year old winger is definitely the solution to our striker problem. 

I never said he was my fermer friend.

I am finding it utterly hilarious that May who supposedly loves your club so dearly and would be a shoe in for first choice striker, would rather sit with a finger up his arse watching your team get pumped every week.

I find it strange that fans of the diddlydees are all about this thread, when they should be busy celebrating their greatest achievement over the past 12 months; a narrow extra time defeat to a team from the division above.  

Credit where it's due lads, if you can't enjoy the good times, then what's the point?

I don't disagree with that my yes voting, roundabouts are circles amigo.

If we sort it out now, which I still think we will, he'll be a month behind the rest of the squad in terms of match sharpness/fitness, his confidence will be diminished further as he sees diddies like Curtis Main ahead of him and the fans are too scunnered to actually enjoy the return of a legend.

It's a shite state of affairs, Tommy, and all the fresh air in the world won't make any fucking difference.

(the fresh air being the signing of Stevie May - just so you're following).

3 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

I find it strange that fans of the diddlydees are all about this thread, when they should be busy celebrating their greatest achievement over the past 12 months; a narrow extra time defeat to a team from the division above.  

Credit where it's due lads, if you can't enjoy the good times, then what's the point?

Let them have their moment Paulo. They're lording it over us... from beneath us, regardless of how shite we are this season. 

6 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I never said he was my fermer friend.

I am finding it utterly hilarious that May who supposedly loves your club so dearly and would be a shoe in for first choice striker, would rather sit with a finger up his arse watching your team get pumped every week.

Agreed it's going to be a lot harder this year without being able to count on12 points from Dundee...

3 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Yeah, like we could of done that at anytime before today?🙄 

You fermers are thick.

The Irony of being ridiculed by fans of a team who have just been relegated and don't even own their own ground is palpable 😂 Who are you donating 12 points to this year lads ?United Arbroath ? Both ? 

Two weeks to go and not a striker in sight. Sad when we are taking about the nostalgic signing of Stevie May in the hope that he will miraculously return to his goal scoring heights. Which I doubt. McLean who was not good enough so we released him all of a sudden he is just what we need or some kids on loan.  I hear the responses but who else is out there. There were a few but they passed us by because we do not have a scouting system or we just do not want to spend the money. I was in a flap in June because there was no striker coming in but I have resigned myself to going with what we have and hope for the best 9th or 10th.

It is going to be a long season. If we go down our top players will leave (relegation clause) or do not new contracts in December. 

Just because folk keep saying we have no scouting system, doesn't mean it is true. I fail to see the helpfulness in pushing that narrative without any evidence to back it up. 

If the club had got their two public pre-contract targets then the picture is very different but it's all kind of snowballed from there and they have now missed out on a number of players, that is something that is irrefutable and that needs reviewed. It shouldn't just become a blame game but clearly something needs reassessed.

Hopefully from the financial side, it's something that the chairman will address when he meets the fans next week. 

1 minute ago, Radford said:

Hopefully from the financial side, it's something that the chairman will address when he meets the fans next week. 

Are you going?

If you are,  ask some questions along the lines of VB's questions please, as well as your own obviously. 

A detailed post basically running through the question/answers would be good too, thanks in advance to anyone who can do this.

1 hour ago, Radford said:

just because folk keep saying we have no scouting system, doesn't mean it is true.

I am sure we must have some sort of scouting system but not a very good one. I say this because we have known since January that we needed a striker and it was stated as our number 1 priority. Another factor, we knew was we could not afford to buy one. That left those players going out of contract and those being released. How difficult is to compile a list of these players have them looked at and rate them 1 to 5 then go get one. Yes, we could have missed out someone in Stevie May’s situation but so far we have not him.

It has been stated, with no confirmation that Tommy saw Vihmann in an International match against Northern Ireland and that is how he came to Tommy’s attention. He certainly was not scouted in Scandinavia or elsewhere in Europe. We could not afford that.

We signed Duffy as back up. Was he scouted or was his attention brought to Tommy because a member of our Development squad staff identified him in development games?

Parish was going out of contract and was again signed as back up.

As I said we may have a scouting system and if we do it is not working this season because it has failed to get a striker. If it turns out that we do sign Stevie May it will not be a scouting system that found him.

We can afford to buy a striker - we have £2 million in the bank and no debt - we just choose not to.

This window has definitely highlighted our deficiencies in respect of recruitment and something has to change. Patience paid off last year so I can see why the club have tried that approach again, but we had a much more solid base last year than we do this and the need to strengthen certain positions was no where near as stark as it is now.

Oh to return to the days of waiting for a central midifelder and nothing else. Other than the wings and in goal, you could make a case for us needing a player in every other position on the park.

We can afford to buy a striker - we have £2 million in the bank and no debt - we just choose not to.
This window has definitely highlighted our deficiencies in respect of recruitment and something has to change. Patience paid off last year so I can see why the club have tried that approach again, but we had a much more solid base last year than we do this and the need to strengthen certain positions was no where near as stark as it is now.
Oh to return to the days of waiting for a central midifelder and nothing else. Other than the wings and in goal, you could make a case for us needing a player in every other position on the park.
We should go for Lafferty.