Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I'm fairly certain that Steve, and Geoff before him, would happily walk away if a suitable bidder came in for the club. It might be on the "Season To Renember" video, but I'm sure Geoff has basically said as much.

If we could actually turn the football side into a fraction of our off field success, we'd be a highly attractive business opportunity.

Geoff was the custodian, Steve had the chance to take us forward. Sadly he fucked it.

30 minutes ago, Paris Hilltoon said:

I'm fairly certain that Steve, and Geoff before him, would happily walk away if a suitable bidder came in for the club. It might be on the "Season To Renember" video, but I'm sure Geoff has basically said as much.

If we could actually turn the football side into a fraction of our off field success, we'd be a highly attractive business opportunity.

Geoff was the custodian, Steve had the chance to take us forward. Sadly he fucked it.

Problem is also hat there is no real football men on the board who can advise Brown. Steve looks like a duck out of water....He needs someone of knowledge beside him and he needs to take advise.

2 hours ago, Paris Hilltoon said:

This is true I think Geoff also said that he has had offers in the past either to buy or take a stake but they were just 'asset strippers' or 'didnt have the club at heart' etc.

This is more than likely true...however I do wonder if its finding excuses as its harder to let go or even relinquish any form of control outside 'the family'

He rubbed some folk up the wrong way at times but Stewart Duff was in the role of managing director for almost the entirety of Geoff Brown's spell as chairman. It seems a huge undertaking for Steve Brown to be working without someone in that role. 

I'm not going to be as sceptical as some others about the meeting scheduled for later this month. I hope it's fully attended and this is a big opportunity for the chairman to convince supporters that we are still moving forward as a club. Other than @Valentino Bolognese though, some of the questions being suggested on WAP are chronic and won't achieve anything constructive. 

7 hours ago, saint john said:

Problem is also hat there is no real football men on the board who can advise Brown. Steve looks like a duck out of water....He needs someone of knowledge beside him and he needs to take advise.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/st-johnstone-chief-steve-brown-11886892.amp

On 15/08/2019 at 18:33, Valentino Bolognese said:

On the point about 'an evening with Steve Brown', did anyone here get allowed in?

I was going to try for a seat but they sent the email out in the middle of the day when folk are at work, didn't check my personal email until the evening and didn't bother as I expected it would be too late. 

Would be good to know if we had any P&B reps going. 

I'm going. Season Ticket holder for 25 years. No agenda and generally interested in what the board have to say. I was lucky enough to see the email while I was a work, sent an email to Bev (maybe an hour after I got the invite email) and got a reply to say I was in.

No game today but we can play 11v11, Attack against Defence. Kane or Hendry should score a hat trick because it will be the worst defence they will play against all season. 😢

It would drive you to drink and it does. Decided to watch Southampton v Liverpool  this afternoon, hope that cheers me up.

I'm going. Season Ticket holder for 25 years. No agenda and generally interested in what the board have to say. I was lucky enough to see the email while I was a work, sent an email to Bev (maybe an hour after I got the invite email) and got a reply to say I was in.

Similar for me. Saw it early and decided to go and observe. If it’s “managed” it’ll be the last time I attend anything other than a match or the disabled supporters meetings.

1 hour ago, Radford said:

He rubbed some folk up the wrong way at times but Stewart Duff was in the role of managing director for almost the entirety of Geoff Brown's spell as chairman. It seems a huge undertaking for Steve Brown to be working without someone in that role. 

I'm not going to be as sceptical as some others about the meeting scheduled for later this month. I hope it's fully attended and this is a big opportunity for the chairman to convince supporters that we are still moving forward as a club. Other than @Valentino Bolognese though, some of the questions being suggested on WAP are chronic and won't achieve anything constructive. 

Young Broon wouldn't understand those questions,  never mind answer them.

Someone record this please, would be great viewing. 

Edited by tree house tam

I'm not going to be as sceptical as some others about the meeting scheduled for later this month. I hope it's fully attended and this is a big opportunity for the chairman to convince supporters that we are still moving forward as a club. Other than [mention=76242]Valentino Bolognese[/mention] though, some of the questions being suggested on WAP are chronic and won't achieve anything constructive. 
Couldn't agree more. Even Geoff felt he needed Stewart Duff and appreciated the work he did. Why does Bulletproof Steve feel he can cover both roles when he has, at best, second hand experience of either.

It was suggested above that Roddy is a football man on the board. Although his role is Associate Director, I think this is a somewhat fancy title for an administrator, albeit with club legend status. I don't think he has any input into board meetings. I mean no sleight to Roddy when I say this.

Steve appears to be the, or at least positions himself as, the all knowing autocrat, but is unfortunately seems to lack the knowledge to make it happen.

In summary, bring back Duffer, more power to administrators and question those who feel themselves unworthy of question.

some gems from that article

He’s single-minded to the point that he may well listen to your ideas and suggestions but unless he’s utterly blown away by them he’ll just stick with his own, thanks very much.

“Tommy has been here a long time and you almost expect it now. You have a one-to-one – I want this, I want that. Well it’s not happening.

“But unless someone can convince me otherwise, come hell or high water, I will not change my mind. That’s it. If I think that’s the right way and no one can give me 
something to change my mind, that’s it.

“I’m bulletproof and you need to be. If you’re easily influenced, you’ll never be a good leader.

“I know it frustrates Tommy – he keeps telling me football’s not like any other business but because I’m a businessman I can’t help but apply business logic to everything.

I'm not going to be as sceptical as some others about the meeting scheduled for later this month. I hope it's fully attended and this is a big opportunity for the chairman to convince supporters that we are still moving forward as a club. Other than [mention=76242]Valentino Bolognese[/mention] though, some of the questions being suggested on WAP are chronic and won't achieve anything constructive. 
Stuart has some amazing stories about his dealings at the job. Some of the transfer stories are amazing. Would be a great book for saints fans.