Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I could go into all the reasons why this is a shit signing but I’ll put the same effort as the club appear to have identifying him as a target. 

Y u no sign good players, St Johnstone? 

48 minutes ago, Widge said:

News paper needs a story, striker to leave Hibs, who needs a striker badly. Nowt in this one at all. emoji23.png

He’s essentially Callum Hendry at Hibs but not as skilful.

Stats per current club.

Callum Hendry - 21yo - 24 games, 5 games.

Oli Shaw - 20yo - 60 games, 12 goals.

Hendrys strike rate is better...

Shaws is only slightly better than Kanes, who is just above a 1 in 6 goalscorer.

9 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

A player on loan who can’t get into Hibs first team, who we really should have finished above  last season as our big forward signing..?

Is it now officially time to panic?!

Why should you have finished above us last season?

26 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Because you’ve terrible players, a terrible manager and tinpot fans. 

A club of St Johnstone’s stature should be finishing above Hibernian 9 times out of 10. 

Normality was resumed with you being back in bottom 6 irrelevance. Looks like the wheels are continuing to fall off and you'll be back in the seaside leagues before long. Unlucky.

3 minutes ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

Normality was resumed with you being back in bottom 6 irrelevance. Looks like the wheels are continuing to fall off and you'll be back in the seaside leagues before long. Unlucky.

Either way, Oli Shaw doesnt answer any of our problems and is actually worse than one of the inadequate strikers we already have, so we'll continue to call him shite, thanks.

The Championship isn't a seaside league, you utter pleb. Infact, given you spent a couple seasons down there far more recently than us, I'd have thought you'd have known that.

Robert Thomson reporting that we've "targeted Shaw as the man to end our Summer long search for a striker" 😂

Always enjoyed the Championship tbh, hopefully Arbroath can stay up.

7 months of hunting for a striker, who we've left a chunk of the budget for, and are willing to "go the extra mile" for, and we're getting a 20yo loanee from Hibs who has 10 goals in 60 games :lol:

2 hours ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

Why should you have finished above us last season?

Well, partly because we were well ahead of you and blew it, including leading Hibs at McD, who ended up with ten men, before losing 2-1 in a game which would have all but clinched top six for us.

But mostly just this..

2 hours ago, ali_91 said:

Because you’ve terrible players, a terrible manager and tinpot fans. 

A club of St Johnstone’s stature should be finishing above Hibernian 9 times out of 10. 

43 minutes ago, Paris Hilltoon said:
2 hours ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

The Championship isn't a seaside league, you utter pleb. Infact, given you spent a couple seasons down there far more recently than us, I'd have thought you'd have known that.

Where did I mention the Championship m8?

1 minute ago, PauloPerth said:

Well, partly because we were well ahead of you and blew it, including leading Hibs at McD, who ended up with ten men, before losing 2-1 in a game which would have all but clinched top six for us.

But mostly just this..

Image result for talkhearts monty

Dearie me.

What a shambles of a transfer policy. 

Now we're relying on Hibs signing a forward so Shaw can leave. And he won't even be able to play against Hibs. A side that could easily be a rival for points/league position. Then we're right back in the same position next season.

Unless we're relegated of course. As Shaw is bang average.

2 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

Dearie me.

What a shambles of a transfer policy. 

Now we're relying on Hibs signing a forward so Shaw can leave. And he won't even be able to play against Hibs. A side that could easily be a rival for points/league position. Then we're right back in the same position next season.

Unless we're relegated of course. As Shaw is bang average.

Knowing us it will only be a 6 month loan 

I dont think Saints fans can be calling anyone "tinpot" when our club is waiting for Hibs to sign a free agent so we can sign their fourth choice, 1 in 6, striker to lead our attack.

Pathetic.

To be fair to SB he's at least going to save me a lot of money this season, used to travel up from Dumfries most weeks to watch us, absolute highlight of the weekend.

now i stay 20 miles away and feel like the supporters have been treated with such utter contempt i have no motivation to really go anymore