Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Unless he has been on a sunbed every day for 15 years, it wasn't Craig Curran

😁 I love you sometimes.

See Jamie Murphy is available, seems just like what we would do, get him for 6 months, watch him be great then spend all of January trying to resign him only to panic buy someone else at the end of the window

I’d there’s any position we certainly don’t require, it’s a winger.

17 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Gael Bigirimana was our special guest. That’s my official prediction. Isma is unfortunately too tall to fit the description.

Him replacing Callachan in the squad is something I could get behind fully.

10 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Gael Bigirimana was our special guest. That’s my official prediction. Isma is unfortunately too tall to fit the description.

Bigi is a talented baller. More of a passer than a driving forward type of player.

What type of centre midfielder are folk hoping for? A Millar/ Morris type who is disciplined in sitting deep and harrying opponents, being comfortable on the ball and retains possession well OR a player who can drive forward with the ball moving us up the pitch, and pick killer passes and get goals, e.g. Armstrong/ Christie etc

Because to be honest, I don't think we really have either just now. Liam Craig is closest to the former out of the current squad and hopefully McCann develops into that role, in terms of the latter I suppose Callachan is one who likes to drive on with the ball but don't see him as providing a killer pass and he still seems a bit erratic.

15 hours ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Did he look like this man?

methode_sundaytimes_prod_web_bin_d7dc6862-5e8e-11e7-b6c6-83ad27f63a22.jpg

Okay The person was not Lafferty, Cummings, Maguire. Curran etc etc. Steve and Stan were simply talking to the guy before the game he was himself I recognised his face it could have been anyone to be honest. there was something going on yesterday behind the scenes,  body language shows a lot and SB was talking to a lot of people yesterday before the match especially. he was out in the Stand much earlier than usual, he was talking to Steve Anderson for a while for example, Danny Griffon was involved with a chat with him as was this person I mentioned others as well (Mabey nothing but different) . One players who's body language said all yesterday was Ross Callachan though he stood at the entrance into the Stand from where the players/Directors etc etc enter the stand with a puss like thunder but every member of staff/players not playing just walked past him making no eye contact with him at all?? Mind you I would be fucking livid if I could not get into that squad FFS.                 

12 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Bigi is a talented baller. More of a passer than a driving forward type of player.

What type of centre midfielder are folk hoping for? A Millar/ Morris type who is disciplined in sitting deep and harrying opponents, being comfortable on the ball and retains possession well OR a player who can drive forward with the ball moving us up the pitch, and pick killer passes and get goals, e.g. Armstrong/ Christie etc

Because to be honest, I don't think we really have either just now. Liam Craig is closest to the former out of the current squad and hopefully McCann develops into that role, in terms of the latter I suppose Callachan is one who likes to drive on with the ball but don't see him as providing a killer pass and he still seems a bit erratic.

Just my opinion, but I think the last few games suggest we need someone who'll help shield the defence, as too often players are getting free shots against us at the edge of the box. They also need to be able to take the ball from the defence and help us keep possession without thumping it long.

If we could get a striker who's able to get the ball, keep it, and being the wingers into play, then the midfielders wont necessarily be needing to be playing through balls or that.

A more defensive midfielder should allow Muzz to get forward more aswell.

I'll acknowledge the fact players like that are hard to find, especially at our level.

Edited by RandomGuy.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Just my opinion, but I think the last few games suggest we need someone who'll help shield the defence, as too often players are getting free shots against us at the edge of the box. They also need to be able to take the ball from the defence and help us keep possession without thumping it long.

If we could get a striker who's able to get the ball, keep it, and being the wingers into play, then the midfielders wont necessarily be needing to be playing through balls or that.

A more defensive midfielder should allow Muzz to get forward more aswell.

I'll acknowledge the fact players like that are hard to find, especially at our level.

In the Premiership just now, who fits that description would you say? I'm guessing:-

Scott Brown, Ryan Jack, Peter Haring, Marvin Bartley, Darían Mackinnon types ??

The two I think would be great for us are Power and Dicker at Kilmarnock. Very disciplined, capable experienced players.  With Killie needing a creative midfielder, a swap deal of Swanson for Power, no money changing hands.  Not sure if Power extended his killie deal in the summer though.

16 hours ago, Center half said:

Yes saw him! I recognised the face but could not place a name on him though, however ill stick my kneck  out here and say he was 5ft 6/ 5ft 8. if we are intending playing the long punt up front not what we want .   

Right I have spent an hour looking for a face to match the person and nothing springs out to be honest, Difficult when they have baseball cap on to probably disguise themselves so hear is my, two shouts who IT MAY HAVE BEEN..   Grahame Dorrans or his Teammate Jason Holt if I had to plump for one or other I would go for Holt as the guy was about Steve Broons Hight.     

Right I have spent an hour looking for a face to match the person and nothing springs out to be honest, Difficult when they have baseball cap on to probably disguise themselves so hear is my, two shouts who IT MAY HAVE BEEN..   Grahame Dorrans or his Teammate Jason Holt if I had to plump for one or other I would go for Holt as the guy was about Steve Broons Hight.     

Doesn’t QUITE fit the description I’ve read elsewhere. Maybe we had a couple of special guests.

I’d happily take Holt. I’ve suggested him on numerous occasions to one of our esteemed fellow st Johnstone posters and I like it when Sir Thomas agrees with me. 

Make it happen, St Johnstone. 

Edited by Kyle