Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

7 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

ETA: Dallas up there with our first half performance with shocker of the day. Penalty aside, he barely got a decision right. 

Yeah, I was bemused throughout. Some obvious fouls against us in the first 15-20 minutes which he ignored, then Danny Swanson dived to the ground and got a free-kick. Hopeless.

Lawless dived right in front of Dallas and he gave it. 

The blatant foul on Kane. 

The very odd corner he gave to us despite Muzz heading it over the bar. 

The linesman unbelievably missed Swanson being about 4 yards offside in the first half too. 

Sometimes you wonder if refs are watching a different game..

Dallas summed himself up by letting a Livingston player walk the width of the pitch to be subbed off, then ten minutes actually applying the law and forcing them to go off at the byline they were at.

With a two week break until our next game and the second half performance maybe things are beginning to look up. That first half performance was utterly abject. Gordon in next game for the Estonian who was awful. He has zero composure on the ball. Gives us time to get 2 in and hopefully the team can take some confidence from this moving forward.

FWIW McCann completely proved me wrong, once the players around him settled down he looked every bit a top flight player I thought. Can see why TW preferred him to Craig today.

FWIW McCann completely proved me wrong, once the players around him settled down he looked every bit a top flight player I thought. Can see why TW preferred him to Craig today.

He was getting no help in the first half. As a young player you’re looking for the experienced players around you to shout, encourage and manage you through the start of the game. He simply didn’t get that at all. Once Foster, Davidson and Kerr started praising and talking him through it, he was much better. It was his thinking and excellent pass which lead to the second goal. Plus he caused outrage from the fullback for rugby tackling him which was very entertaining.

McCann’s one two with Foster and then spreading the ball Tanser put us into the position to get the equaliser. Thought he was poor first half but grew into the game. 

Not sure if a defeat would’ve been a better result for us today. Not in terms or points obviously but it might diminish the urgency in which we sign the players that we clearly desperately need.