Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Just now, Valentino Bolognese said:

I think it will need a boxoffice striker and a proper central midfield baller TBH. That could lift the team considerably. I also think that Gordon back in the team could have a pretty big impact as the Estonian hasn't really been the solution so far, and we are shambolic at the back. 

Hopefully D.Wright will make an appearance at half time again.

He might have just been wearing a couple of thick tops last week, but pretty sure Drey looks to have been on the weights during his absence; he looked a fair bit bulkier than I remember him being.

Just now, steviemay17 said:

An absolute masterclass in re writing history there Tommy

"excellent against Ross County"? We created tons of chances but the very fact we missed open goals and the defence was an utter shambles suggests we maybe weren't excellent

I guess he's trying to boost the player's fragile confidence just now, telling them how good they can be.  Can't fault him for that.

14 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

He might have just been wearing a couple of thick tops last week, but pretty sure Drey looks to have been on the weights during his absence; he looked a fair bit bulkier than I remember him being.

Wouldn't be surprised if he's had to do upper body work as he won't have been able to do a lot of running until fairly recently, I'm guessing. 

Must be absolute murder not being able to move around, and so hard to keep the weight off. Particularly when you're a professional athlete. 

13 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Tanser 28/1 first goal on bet365... 

Looking forward to this today actually, sun is shining in #kinrossshire. 

Hopefully a similar performance to the first half v County, with a little bit more composure. Gordon back is huge. 

Good odds, might get on that.

It's still low cloud and seems likely to drizzle in #actualperth. Not much sign of any sun. 

I've also turned the corner since last night and really looking forward to this now. Agree on Gordon, which is one of my reasons but after watching the video previews Muzz has the look of a man that's going to put in a proper shift. We've not quite seen the best of Matty so far and hopefully the surface is up to scratch as I reckon he's due to cause some mayhem. 

A combo Tanser to score anytime and Davidson carded. 

Edited by Valentino Bolognese
I think we're staying dry today too ... https://meteoradar.co.uk/expected-rainfall

Just be patient 

He’s coming home. Extremely slowly. But he’s coming home nonetheless. ETA: 23.59 on deadline day.

It won’t leave him with enough time to actually sign the contract, but we can send him away and ask him to come back at the end of the January transfer window instead.

5 minutes ago, mizfit said:

McMillan not even making it on the bench.

*shrugs shoulders*

Just realised Struthers in on the bench ahead of him 😳

Hes surely got to be off, even if it's a mutual termination, at some point soon?

Edited by RandomGuy.

Does anyone actually know what the issue is with McMillan?
He's not fast, he's not physically imposing, injury prone, being proficient in Irish football just doesn't translate to the Scottish league.

He's been told by Wright to just find another club. As soon as his contracts done he'll go off to Dundalk for 2 years, sore 40 goals and then retire to become an architect.