Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

50 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Genuinely not sure what to make of TW claiming the Hemmings deal fell through because the club never knew he was available permanently.

On one hand, it feels like the clubs been shafted by whoever told them it could only be a loan.

On the other, it stinks of naivety to believe that/stinks of a cover up as they never bothered to ask about a permanent deal.

Just when you think we couldn’t look any worse and he comes out with that nonsense, an utterly ridiculous claim to make. When we made contact with notts county to check on his availability we surely must’ve asked about both. The people in charge of the club are clueless and the manger must think we’re all as stupid as he sounds 

8 minutes ago, steviemay17 said:

Just say he rejected us ffs, just made ourselves look more foolish

This.

Hes maybe telling the truth, but hes spun the "we were lied too, nothing more we could've done" yarn too many times to not have doubts about his side of things.

56 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

I for one welcome this new breed of Saints fan who've started posting more regularly, welcome lads.

I like how everyone wants to fight each other. I’m getting even more fat from all the popcorn. 

21 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I like how everyone wants to fight each other. I’m getting even more fat from all the popcorn. 

I'd pay money to watch you batter a Radford and TRS tag team. I just involved the midget for the novelty factor, you and Radford would be the main draw obviously. 

Just now, ali_91 said:

Don’t think it can be overstated how important tomorrow’s game is. Win and the mood will lift considerably, lose and it will be poisonous. 

Draw?

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Genuinely not sure what to make of TW claiming the Hemmings deal fell through because the club never knew he was available permanently.

On one hand, it feels like the clubs been shafted by whoever told them it could only be a loan.

On the other, it stinks of naivety to believe that/stinks of a cover up as they never bothered to ask about a permanent deal.

I believe Dundee have been talking to watching the Hemmings situation for over 6 weeks now! They were always the front runners if he was heading back up here I would think.   

Fucking hell. I remember when every season St. Johnstone were boring dull and uneventful. 

You fuckers have such a level of self-loathing lately that you make Morton fans seem like the Waltons.

Edited by djchapsticks

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Fucking hell. I remember when every season St. Johnstone were boring dull and uneventful. 

You fuckers have such a level of self-loathing lately that you make Morton fans seem like the Waltons.

We hate ourselves and each other but we’ll still finish above St Mirren, Dundee and Dundee United.  

Levels. 8) 

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

It's part of a recent club initiative to make Saints a bit more box office. You'll find that there's only actually three of us on here, all board members, and we all play multiple characters to stoke up debate and keep St Johnstone high up in the thread listings. 

Being the friendly, loveable relatively successful drama-free club hasn't worked out for us at all in attracting new fans along.

So it's Goodbye charm offensive, hello being offensive. 

Spoiler

f**k The Waltons

3 hours ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

Just when you think we couldn’t look any worse and he comes out with that nonsense, an utterly ridiculous claim to make. When we made contact with notts county to check on his availability we surely must’ve asked about both. The people in charge of the club are clueless and the manger must think we’re all as stupid as he sounds 

3 hours ago, The Saintee said:

Well. That's just pish IMO.

2 hours ago, steviemay17 said:

Just say he rejected us ffs, just made ourselves look more foolish

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

This.

Hes maybe telling the truth, but hes spun the "we were lied too, nothing more we could've done" yarn too many times to not have doubts about his side of things.

Yes.

I'm not sure if coming out with that was considered to be making the situation more acceptable, but its the complete opposite.

Dreadful.

1 hour ago, Widge said:

IMG_2688.jpg

Pint number 9, the cider isn’t mines! So there you go.

Why am I in the house?!

1 hour ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Rain postponement?

Unless it rains a lot more I doubt it. It's been heavy all day but been off pretty much since 3pm minus a few showers.

If the forecast comes true it should be fine. 

EBllotaXYAAMJeM.thumb.jpeg.f87580afc28ef985df977950ea35a781.jpeg

Hes really starting to get on my tits, hes now decided that we couldn't get Hemmings because we were lied too and  because Dundee are overpaying. Absolutely clueless how a loan deal was meant to suit us.

After 5 months of Kane as first choice striker, hes demanding we show some patience in the hunt for a new player aswell. 

Telling how he has no excuse for the May deal falling through again.

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 hour ago, The Woolshed said:

If we can get Kennedy signed up on a longer deal, Drey Wright back fit and firing like he was early last season and a striker in in the next week or two then I think the mood can easily lift. Fine margins.

I think it will need a boxoffice striker and a proper central midfield baller TBH. That could lift the team considerably. I also think that Gordon back in the team could have a pretty big impact as the Estonian hasn't really been the solution so far, and we are shambolic at the back. 

Hopefully D.Wright will make an appearance at half time again.