Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Ive deleted it Ludo. There is no humour to be had here.

Kane Hemmings would have been the perfect fit for our team, and would have bagged 15+ goals. To be honest, if I'd been told at the start of the summer that he would be our only first team signing, i would have been delighted.

No offence, but the fact he's chosen to join a team in the division below makes it a tough one to accept when we still haven't got a striker of our own in.  But fair play to the Dee, great signing.

20 minutes ago, Radford said:

None of them are an out ball, which at least Kane is to give him his dues. His problem is his profligacy in front of goal.

We need a centre forward, someone that can play with their back to goal or at the very least has the intelligence to take up useful positions in the attacking third.

We have this great threat in attacking midfield but neither the player ahead of them to benefit from it nor the base in the middle of the park from which to give them a platform to play.

Five months searching for a striker suggests that the players the manager would be happy with, the club can't afford, and the players the club can afford, the manager isn't happy with. Someone will have to compromise and unfortunately I know who it will be.

That is true.  It's on games like Saturday where we really miss the Steve Maclean - someone who can shield the ball, win a foul and take the pressure off for a minute or two and I would argue we have never replaced Millar or Morris before him at the base of midfield. 

Having said all that for a bit of perspective I look at the squads of St Mirren, Hamilton, Ross County and Livingston and I cant find anyone in their squads I would take who would be an automatic starter with us. Maybe Pittman or Jacobs from Livvy at a push? 

I'm as disappointed with the summer as the next guy but I would rather wait and see who is left once the English windows shut than throw a 3-year deal to a top earner that has scored 15 times in 5 years.  

To be fair to Brown, I think it highlights what a greedy b*****d May is that we can tempt Hemmings who'll have been on a bigger wage than May, yet May is still humming and ha'ing.

The same WAP poster who told us we'd be "signing a young english winger" just days before Drey Wright signed, is saying Wright has resigned and itll be announced at 12.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

To be fair to Brown, I think it highlights what a greedy b*****d May is that we can tempt Hemmings who'll have been on a bigger wage than May, yet May is still humming and ha'ing.

Would depend on all the figures involved, a guess would be he'd be, at least, halving his Aberdeen wage to join us.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Would depend on all the figures involved, a guess would be he'd be, at least, halving his Aberdeen wage to join us.

And likely to us as well.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Which is the point - greed/inflated opinion of himself.

I dunno, tbh, I'm just scunnered of the whole thing.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The same WAP poster who told us we'd be "signing a young english winger" just days before Drey Wright signed, is saying Wright has resigned and itll be announced at 12.

Hes now deleted the post, to save anyone trying to find it.

Was the "McDiarmid mole" poster, cant remember if hes been right or wrong before, cant be arsed checking.

17 minutes ago, Saint Paul said:

it appears is if May has gone to Vine and told him to accept that existing offer, without any of the nonsense, and Brown has taken that deal off the table and offered a new one - just what Vine did the first time around.

No it is not. May reneged on an agreed deal. Brown hasn't.  There was no deal on the table to take off.

You can argue the sense or otherwise of Brown's approach, but don't compare it to the dishonesty Brown faced last time around.

That said, I still think it's perfectly plausible May will come to Perth. I simply can't see anyone else at our level paying as much as we would.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hes now deleted the post, to save anyone trying to find it.

Was the "McDiarmid mole" poster, cant remember if hes been right or wrong before, cant be arsed checking.

Yes, I saw that too - it was the McDiarmid Mole, but the post was swiftly deleted

We've not even paid a fee for Hemmings and you guys put in a loan offer, FFS! :lol:

This is the staggering thing for me.
We clearly made no attempt to understand what Notts wanted, and just chucked in a random loan deal.

If Wright has indeed resigned, I wouldn’t blame him.