Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

4 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

On your first point, who's to say there wasn't anyone in between? You don't have a fucking clue what goes on behind the scenes, just you keep coming up with your own theories,  then theories that dispel your original theories,  then theories to dispel them and so on....

Manchild with your retribution down votes. 

It's a forum, it's for spaffing pish theories. It's not for pretending to be itk but not sharing, or for threatening to batter other folk. 

RandomGuy gets it wrong a lot, thoroughly excusable in one of the few posters who isn't a fake itk mug. 

Twat

Just now, FrankChickens1 said:

Manchild with your retribution down votes. 

It's a forum, it's for spaffing pish theories. It's not for pretending to be itk but not sharing, or for threatening to batter other folk. 

RandomGuy gets it wrong a lot, thoroughly excusable in one of the few posters who isn't a fake itk mug. 

Twat

:lol:

worked to a T.

RandomGuy does get a lot of things wrong, I much prefer reading his honest pish that shows deep emotion for his club than some of the absolute rubbish that comes from people that think they are ITK. I'd much rather read posts from a guy wearing his heart on his sleeve (And admitting that he knows f**k all) and is just riffing to the news as it comes opposed to that.

Don't get the clamour for a striker to take up all the budget.  A front 3 of O'Halloran, Kennedy, Wright is comparable with almost any team outside the top 2 and the much maligned Kane/McMillan/Hendry are more than capable of 10-15 goals between them as cover.  Hendry scored the number of goals as May last season from a third of the appearances!

Would much rather take the May money and buy a half decent passer of the ball in midfield (Someone who can put his foot on the ball and exploit the pace and movement of the front 3).  Unfortunely I dont think Craig, Swanson, Davidson or Maclean(yet) have got that in them.  

4 minutes ago, PSJSaint said:

Kane/McMillan/Hendry are more than capable of 10-15 goals between them as cover.  Hendry scored the number of goals as May last season from a third of the appearances!

Im sure the three of them managed 6 league goals combined last season.

But St Johnstone are such a well run club. 

No! I've said it numerous times before, St Johnstone are not a well run football club in the slightest. A well run business? Very much so, but certainly not a well run club. 

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Im sure the three of them managed 6 league goals combined last season.

Adding your fabled Stevie May would've taken you up to a nice 9.

15 minutes ago, PSJSaint said:

Don't get the clamour for a striker to take up all the budget.  A front 3 of O'Halloran, Kennedy, Wright is comparable with almost any team outside the top 2...

None of them are an out ball, which at least Kane is to give him his dues. His problem is his profligacy in front of goal.

We need a centre forward, someone that can play with their back to goal or at the very least has the intelligence to take up useful positions in the attacking third.

We have this great threat in attacking midfield but neither the player ahead of them to benefit from it nor the base in the middle of the park from which to give them a platform to play.

Five months searching for a striker suggests that the players the manager would be happy with, the club can't afford, and the players the club can afford, the manager isn't happy with. Someone will have to compromise and unfortunately I know who it will be.

12 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Adding your fabled Stevie May would've taken you up to a nice 9.

Better than nothing, which is what we have. 

In Shaughnessy and Watt we've lost 6 league goals. We only scored 38 in total, and as Radford pointed out, we struggle to win games when we concede.

How folk aren't seeing how fucked we are is beyond me.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

How folk aren't seeing how fucked we are is beyond me.

Everyone does. The window isn't closed yet though, until it does we can all hope it will come good. Everyone at Saints is fighting the same cause,  it might not seem so but they all have Saints best interests at heart, they deserve till at least the end of the window before the wrath surely?

31 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

RandomGuy does get a lot of things wrong, I much prefer reading his honest pish that shows deep emotion for his club than some of the absolute rubbish that comes from people that think they are ITK. I'd much rather read posts from a guy wearing his heart on his sleeve (And admitting that he knows f**k all) and is just riffing to the news as it comes opposed to that.

Couldn't agree more. The amount of shit RandomGuy gets chucked at him is ridiculous. 

Whatever the ins and outs are don't really matter. The manager wanted May as his first choice target, we had a deal in place which May was willing to agree to (albeit after making a bit of a c**t of himself) and we've tried to undercut him in the same manner as he apparently did to us the first time. I don't think that's a particularly clever way to do business, especially with a popular former player and when it's in the public eye the way it has been.

I'm feeling pretty scunnered with Saints for a variety of reasons but honestly, I actually just laughed when I saw Robert Thomson's story last night. What else is there for it?

I don't really get the hate for RandomGuy, i quite like him.

Steve Brown sounds like he would be the ideal Brexit secretary tbh, his negotiating methods are on point

1) not going out to look for players because hey, we are massive and people will be falling over themselves to do a deal with us

2) It would appear that we've come through much worse so being completely f*cked for years is nothing to the likes of this club

3) between the option of the May deal or no deal - he's elected for no deal

il let myself out

This is a bloody joke !

The first time around, I fully understood the clubs stance, when Vine asked for more money at the 11th hour.  We had to take a stand and show that we were not going to be held to ransom.  

This time, however, Steve Brown has royally screwed this up, and has really showed himself up.  Why he thought anyone, in their right mind, would accept a lower offer when only 2 weeks ago they were being offered a higher amount is beyond comprehension.  

It almost smacks of Brown getting back at May for his agents actions.  I understand that Brown was probably hurt and angry at the time, but it appears is if May has gone to Vine and told him to accept that existing offer, without any of the nonsense, and Brown has taken that deal off the table and offered a new one - just what Vine did the first time around.

It is doubly disappointing as we have known for months that we needed a striker - Watt was not signing a new deal, McMillan was told to find another club and it was clear that Kane and Hendry are not good enough to be first choice at this level, yet we appear to have put all our eggs into the basket of Stevie May and it has backfired spectacularly.  Another "target" has joined Dundee, and again it appears to be because of penny pinching as Brown was unwilling to offer him a contract and only wanted him on loan.

We should have had a list of targets, and as soon as they May deal fell through, then we should have simply moved on to the next target.  Instead, it appears that we have not targeted anyone else, and waited for May to come back to us, only to give him the finger, leaving us scrambling around again hoping a half-way decent striker, if not two, will appear from nowhere.

Brown has shafted Tommy, the team and the fans with this latest debacle, and the whole club looks really stupid as well. 🤬