Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

The offering tickets to those new houses is a great idea, people will go and watch a local club as something to do.

Especially in Scotland, my Dad was a diehard Celtic fan when he was younger but moved away from Glasgow and got fed up of the sectarian crap. I only support Saints because I got taken to a game when i was little and up visiting family in Crieff ( we lived in Dumfries ) and I stuck with it ever since.

We have it in our heads that people only want to watch one team and kids always follow their parents - they will if that's the only option they get - but if we can tempt them to a few games that could change .. the idea of live football and meeting players is still big for kids ( and some 27 year old men but i'll leave me out of it)

We don't have to get people to attend every single game! I know so many people back home will go and see Queen of the South 5-10 times  season because it's something to do and can be a decent occasional family day out.

It's like the club are resigned to people supporting other clubs, but completely forgetting people actually just like watching football or spending time as a family. 

The club care but in nearly every aspect off the field they show little or no creativity. 
When brands come up with a good idea they also back it with a plan of how to market the idea but Saints came up with the great family deal then assumed the cheap prices was enough. Other than a few social media posts and half hearted attempt at pointing out the Ormond Stand had football tables etc for the kids to play on in my opinion have done very poorly at selling not just the cheap price but also the day out at the football to the families, why it is a great idea to come along and support Saints, make it stand out. Yes I know they've given out plenty tickets in schools etc, which is great but even with free tickets people still don't bother coming. What does that tell you? 
No wonder there's apathy from fans, the club give off that same feeling. They seem to come across like its the fans fault they don't come along.
It was evident it wasn't working as you've mentioned it's been a fair number of years this deal has been on offer and there's been no real upturn yet. They seem to have learned nothing from that though and just kept pottering along despite there clearly being something wrong and it certainly wasn't the price alone thats for sure. 
In decades gone by the decent results and cheap prices would have been enough to increase crowds. Evidence clearly suggests it takes more than that these days. 
Saints make simply taking orders for season tickets look difficult at times, never mind advertising things. The club needs to learn to run more professionally from the office side of things. We've all no doubt experienced it. I certainly have quite a few times. 
Yes I'm ranting but it's subject that bothers me that I've discussed with the club a couple of times but they're not interested in hearing feedback from anyone outside the club's boardroom. Particularly if you're perceived as a younger person. 
So the club do the best priced family ticket in the league, people still don't come and it's the club's fault?

The club give out free tickets to schools, people still don't come and it's the club's fault?

Sorry but what more do you want the club to do?

If people don't want to go to the football then they don't want to go to the football. Not much anyone can do about that.

Tay FM gets played all day, every day, at my work, and has done for the past 8 years. I've never once heard Saints advertising on it at any point. Regularly have Dundee/United adverts, especially around season ticket renewal time.
I'd be astounded if anyone moving to Perth were to find out it had a football team unless they happened to drive past the stadium.
Where are these people coming from that don't know Perth has a football team? The fucking moon?

If people are that disinterested in football it's very unlikely that anything will change that mindset en masse.

Is it a common thing amongst other spl clubs for fans to criticise attendances? Hear it a lot from other St Johnstone fans and it just seems like something every fringe club should be affected by. I keep hearing of the decline in traditional sports but from st johnstone perspective attendances have seemed steady in the past 10 years.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

What did he say then? Or we to add you to the growing list of folk "ITK" who claim its not the clubs fault, and then never actually prove any different.

Good post.

I know exactly what he said, and I’m in the know more than you could hope to be, but for your attitude I’m not going to share it with you, as you’re an arsehole hth 

Advertise it. Have promotions and advertise the great things you mention. Organise the free tickets as school trips, see if you can get a bus load from a school there. 
Get the FCU back. 

So as well as the free tickets you expect the club to fork out for transport as well?
Sorry Ali but if parents are that disinterested or fucking lazy, then the club are pissing in the wind mate?

2 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

I know exactly what he said, and I’m in the know more than you could hope to be, but for your attitude I’m not going to share it with you, as you’re an arsehole hth 

oooo this looks like escalating into a " My Dad is better than your Dad" style playground argument

2 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

A great attitude, and one that seeps from the club from every single pore. If you know someone important you're fine, don't know anybody, f**k off and stop asking questions.

I'm utterly fucking scunnered of the club this Summer, from the season ticket shambles, to the May shambles, they've treated fans like utter filth, and the fact the fans can be dragged pillar to post with the May scenario and get absolutely nothing from the club is nothing short of a disgrace. They can claim they don't need to act any other way because its a business, but I can't think of any other business that seems to actively push fans away.

They don't even send apologies out with the season tickets that are two weeks late.

8 minutes ago, The Marly said:

So the club do the best priced family ticket in the league, people still don't come and it's the club's fault?

The club give out free tickets to schools, people still don't come and it's the club's fault?

If people don't want to go to the football then they don't want to go to the football. Not much anyone can do about that.

Exactly what the club do "making it cheap hasn't worked. What else can we do?"

If you read my post rather than just pointing out the bits you don't like about what I said then you'll see what I'm suggesting the club should do. 

Other clubs with smaller or similar sized cities get crowds. Let's use Motherwell as example. Lower population but bigger crowds. Is it simply because the people of Motherwell just "different" from people in Perth or is Motherwell doing something different and better than Saints?

18 minutes ago, The Marly said:

Theres away fans regularly on their forum with no idea about the family deal. The club does absolutely nothing to promote it. 

If you didn't follow Saints on Twitter how do you find out about it?

13 minutes ago, The Marly said:

Where are these people coming from that don't know Perth has a football team? The fucking moon?

If people are that disinterested in football it's very unlikely that anything will change that mindset en masse.

An English boy from London moved into Scone last year and came over to ask in my work where the nearest football team was because his sons starting to take an interest in football and he wants a hobby they can bond over. 

Theres nothing, not a single thing, in the Perthshire area that suggests theres a football team.

If you read my post rather than just pointing out the bits you don't like about what I said then you'll see what I'm suggesting the club should do. 
Other clubs with smaller or similar sized cities get crowds. Let's use Motherwell as example. Lower population but bigger crowds. Is it simply because the people of Motherwell just "different" from people in Perth or is Motherwell doing something different and better than Saints?
Yes it is because Motherwell people are different mate. Different demographic altogether. Their area is historically working class and Perth isn't.

4 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Motherwell have videos out every day from their club, and a CEO who spends his whole day conversing with fans on Twitter and helping them understand how things are going. They create a bond with the fans.

Saints have a manager who seems to actively enjoy winding the support up, on the odd occasion he isn't mewling about how hard everything is for him, while the chairman statements are usually restricted to blaming the lack of fans at games for any issues. It genuinely wouldn't surprise me if we sign nobody when the window shuts and he comes out and blames the poor Betfred Cup and lack of fans at home games as the reason.

26 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

:lol:

What a cuntish post.

Found the article where TW confirms his final talk with Watt and his agent. Its from the first week in April, and he says the talks took place a week before. He also adds they've already started looking for another striker at that point.

So we've, officially, been trying to sign a striker for the past 5 months now, at least.

17 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

A great attitude, and one that seeps from the club from every single pore. If you know someone important you're fine, don't know anybody, f**k off and stop asking questions.

I'm utterly fucking scunnered of the club this Summer, from the season ticket shambles, to the May shambles, they've treated fans like utter filth, and the fact the fans can be dragged pillar to post with the May scenario and get absolutely nothing from the club is nothing short of a disgrace. They can claim they don't need to act any other way because its a business, but I can't think of any other business that seems to actively push fans away.

They don't even send apologies out with the season tickets that are two weeks late.

Making things public too soon is why clubs miss out,but poor you needs some inside gossip. Stop following football if it’s too much drama for your wee soul, Saints have always played cards close to their chest, and it’s done ok until now

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

:lol:

What a cuntish post.

Hes too shitebag to share it anyway. Half of Perth apparently know what happens, probably because the Directors are giving everyone different stories. 

The dots are all there, if you're willing to join them up.