Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

There’s a real apathy amongst our fans right now, our first home game on Saturday and I’d be very surprised if you could find a saints fan that’s excited about it. TW keeps banging on about how long is left in the window but there are games to be played now!

Say what you want, I’ve got a 100% win rate watching saints live this season, so I’ve not seen any of the negative. [emoji23][emoji23]

I'm genuinely struggling to motivate myself to go on Saturday.

What a mess this Summers been, literally nothing positive has happened at all.

I wouldn't be surprised if the crowd is below 2,000 on Saturday. I was going to say would Saints care but that's unfair, they probably do. Will they do anything about it though? 

The Ormond Stand and free U12s was always going to be a long-term thing but that'll be maybe eight seasons it's been going now and you have 27 season tickets sold going by the seating plan.

Do the club keep subsiding families when they aren't showing much interest, or do you turn your attention to other groups of lapsed fans?

11 minutes ago, Center half said:

This is where as I have said before every new house sold in Bertha park, old market site and any of the sites around Perth should come with a family Ormond stand season ticket! for games excluding the OF that way we may begin to start a fans base over a few years.

You expect St Johnstone to try and actively attract fans?

13 minutes ago, Center half said:

This is where as I have said before every new house sold in Bertha park, old market site and any of the sites around Perth should come with a family Ormond stand season ticket! for games excluding the OF that way we may begin to start a fans base over a few years.

This is an incredibly good idea and would basically cost next to nothing.

Shame that this brilliant idea will never be considered

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

😂 theres absolutely no chance anybody working at McDiarmid is saying why the deal fell through.

It absolutely screams of the club being the issue and them being terrified to let it come out. Especially considering this Summer so far. They're genuinely sending out season tickets at the moment talking about the upcoming Betfred Cup campaign. 

At Geoff’s birthday party last week,he offered the explanation,and it wasn’t Saints,I’m not calling sir Geoff a liar!,

34 minutes ago, Radford said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the crowd is below 2,000 on Saturday. I was going to say would Saints care but that's unfair, they probably do. Will they do anything about it though? 

The Ormond Stand and free U12s was always going to be a long-term thing but that'll be maybe eight seasons it's been going now and you have 27 season tickets sold going by the seating plan.

Do the club keep subsiding families when they aren't showing much interest, or do you turn your attention to other groups of lapsed fans?

The club care but in nearly every aspect off the field they show little or no creativity. 

When brands come up with a good idea they also back it with a plan of how to market the idea but Saints came up with the great family deal then assumed the cheap prices was enough. Other than a few social media posts and half hearted attempt at pointing out the Ormond Stand had football tables etc for the kids to play on in my opinion have done very poorly at selling not just the cheap price but also the day out at the football to the families, why it is a great idea to come along and support Saints, make it stand out. Yes I know they've given out plenty tickets in schools etc, which is great but even with free tickets people still don't bother coming. What does that tell you? 

No wonder there's apathy from fans, the club give off that same feeling. They seem to come across like its the fans fault they don't come along.

It was evident it wasn't working as you've mentioned it's been a fair number of years this deal has been on offer and there's been no real upturn yet. They seem to have learned nothing from that though and just kept pottering along despite there clearly being something wrong and it certainly wasn't the price alone thats for sure. 

In decades gone by the decent results and cheap prices would have been enough to increase crowds. Evidence clearly suggests it takes more than that these days. 

Saints make simply taking orders for season tickets look difficult at times, never mind advertising things. The club needs to learn to run more professionally from the office side of things. We've all no doubt experienced it. I certainly have quite a few times. 

Yes I'm ranting but it's subject that bothers me that I've discussed with the club a couple of times but they're not interested in hearing feedback from anyone outside the club's boardroom. Particularly if you're perceived as a younger person. 

I was speaking to a friend of mine today who is areal die hard Saints fan and a season ticket holder for many years..He told me that he is in two minds about going to games this year And said that at the moment he can't see any point as he has lost faith in the club..We really need something to get people back on side 

36 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

At Geoff’s birthday party last week,he offered the explanation,and it wasn’t Saints,I’m not calling sir Geoff a liar!,

What did he say then? Or we to add you to the growing list of folk "ITK" who claim its not the clubs fault, and then never actually prove any different.

17 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

The club care but in nearly every aspect off the field they show little or no creativity. 

When brands come up with a good idea they also back it with a plan of how to market the idea but Saints came up with the great family deal then assumed the cheap prices was enough. Other than a few social media posts and half hearted attempt at pointing out the Ormond Stand had football tables etc for the kids to play on in my opinion have done very poorly at selling not just the cheap price but also the day out at the football to the families, why it is a great idea to come along and support Saints, make it stand out. Yes I know they've given out plenty tickets in schools etc, which is great but even with free tickets people still don't bother coming. What does that tell you? 

No wonder there's apathy from fans, the club give off that same feeling. They seem to come across like its the fans fault they don't come along.

It was evident it wasn't working as you've mentioned it's been a fair number of years this deal has been on offer and there's been no real upturn yet. They seem to have learned nothing from that though and just kept pottering along despite there clearly being something wrong and it certainly wasn't the price alone thats for sure. 

In decades gone by the decent results and cheap prices would have been enough to increase crowds. Evidence clearly suggests it takes more than that these days. 

Saints make simply taking orders for season tickets look difficult at times, never mind advertising things. The club needs to learn to run more professionally from the office side of things. We've all no doubt experienced it. I certainly have quite a few times. 

Yes I'm ranting but it's subject that bothers me that I've discussed with the club a couple of times but they're not interested in hearing feedback from anyone outside the club's boardroom. Particularly if you're perceived as a younger person. 

Good post.

1 hour ago, Center half said:

Surely if you are old enough to buy a house you already support a team (regardless of you attend or not)?

Just now, ali_91 said:

Kids might not.

Two of the boys I go with’ dad wasn’t really in to football, but took them along to see Saints when they were young, and not only do they both go home and away every week now, but the dad is also a season ticket holder (and occasional away day), his wife goes sometimes and his friends come sometimes. 

‘Non-football,’ fans can become fans. 

Fair enough, no harm in trying. Think the key would be that there are kids involved., then the parents will go because they have to.

5 minutes ago, big al said:

Surely if you are old enough to buy a house you already support a team (regardless of you attend or not)?

There is  6000+ new homes reportabley  being built around Perth in the plan! So many new family's to the area will be coming to live in these homes! Yes the owners of the house will have their team already that is true But the real incentive for the Club here is the kids who get in Free and hopefully Saints become their team in the future. I have family all over the Uk the Older ones are saints fan yes, But their kids are West Ham, Aston Villa, Leamington  Fc etc etc ,The key is the owner gets in free so takes the kids out for an afternoon free  for lets say the first year then they renew on a £50-£100 second  season ticket and so on.

Just now, ali_91 said:

The Ormond stand is a family stand, so the point was to be giving out kids tickets. 

There's a large, brand new school being built there and the place is walking distance from the ground. We should be doing everything possible to grow a new generation of Saints fans. 

That also means wins, quality product on the park and atmosphere in the stands. We've got a long way to go and I've said it before but we need a team that understands that running an entertainment business is not the same as running a building firm.

Tay FM gets played all day, every day, at my work, and has done for the past 8 years. I've never once heard Saints advertising on it at any point. Regularly have Dundee/United adverts, especially around season ticket renewal time.

I'd be astounded if anyone moving to Perth were to find out it had a football team unless they happened to drive past the stadium.