Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

14 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Let's be honest,  there would have been as much chance of Stevie  May scoring against Livi as Callum Hendry, they've probably got the same record for the last 3 years even with Callum only starting half a dozen times.

I hope Stevie comes on and scores the winner for Aberdeen tbh.

Hendry has played against 14 League One sides in the last 12 months and scored twice.

Hes our best fit striker.

Edited by RandomGuy.

26 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Sorry @randomguy

IMG-20190807-WA0008.jpg

If anyone is doubting its May, SNS have one of him getting off the bus in the album for today.

07-08-19-aberdeen-airport-aberdeen-aberdeens-19186218.jpg.e2651ccc53b0e108e9433387b787b1f8.jpg

I'm not surprised he's on the flight with the Aberdeen squad. Just because a newspaper has said May has dropped his demands doesn't mean we've shown an interest to begin discussing the deal with him again. 

I don't know the ins & outs but it doesn't seem the deal is as close as many think. Maybe due to the way negotiations ended the bridges are burnt as far as Saints are concerned? 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

I'm not surprised he's on the flight with the Aberdeen squad. Just because a newspaper has said May has dropped his demands doesn't mean we've shown an interest to begin discussing the deal with him again. 
I don't know the ins & outs but it doesn't seem the deal is as close as many think. Maybe due to the way negotiations ended the bridges are burnt as far as Saints are concerned? 

Umm.. multiple newspapers have confirmed that talks have reopened. Stevie May then changed his Twitter profile picture to one of him with the Scottish Cup in 2014. Pay attention, please, and suffer with the rest of us.

Tony Watt last played for us on 30th March, presumably the club knew by then he wasnt signing a new deal and we'd need a starting striker.

5 months later and we've still not got one, the only one we're ever linked with genuinely is an ex-player who presumably wasnt available 5 months ago.

What the f**k have the club actually been doing in that time? Theres zero chance they could t have identified and signed a striker in that time frame with some quality about that. We needed a striker last season as it is.

If this stringing it out is a marketing ploy by St Johnstone to drum up interest in May's first game for Saints if he ever does sign, then you've got to hand it to the club; its on a par with the puma Pelé stunt before the 1970 World Cup final and our very own paint it blue effort a couple of years ago.

5 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Kane Hemmings would almost definitely score more goals than Stevie May. But I don't WANT Kane Hemmings. I want STEVIE MAY. 

You were quitting the site until he’d signed. I’m taking your posts today as confirmation that he’s signed.

43 minutes ago, Paris Hilltoon said:

Hemmings will be announced before the weekend.

The Hemmings story sounds like complete shite. Hes on a fortune, has offers from EFL League One sides, and moved to England just a few years ago because he wanted to settle with his family down there.

4 minutes ago, Johnstoun said:

You were quitting the site until he’d signed. I’m taking your posts today as confirmation that he’s signed.

I've lost the plot. Don't believe a single word I say (apart from when I tell you that I broke the Nick McKoy signing news in 2008. That is true 😎).

2 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

If Main isn't fit then there's a decent chance May will travel.

Main has travelled aswell, it seems. Suppose we can draw our own conclusions. 

Apparently the initial deal for May broke down over a one off payment of £4k.

57 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

I think RG needs to calm down. He’s going on a wee holiday with the Aberdeen lads before he signs. He’s coming home.

St Johnstone once got so deep into a deal with a player that the player ripped up a contract at another side, drove all night to Perth to sign the deal, and was talked about widely in the media as already signed.

He joined Hearts three days later.

I've absolutely zero confidence in Saints getting any deal done.

22 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The Hemmings story sounds like complete shite. Hes on a fortune, has offers from EFL League One sides, and moved to England just a few years ago because he wanted to settle with his family down there.

I agree. We have put all our eggs in the Stevie May basket. If that falls through, the best we can do is a loan from down south.

Once their window closes tomorrow there may be some strikers may be made available.

Just now, Templar said:

I agree. We have put all our eggs in the Stevie May basket. If that falls through, the best we can do is a loan from down south.

Once their window closes tomorrow there may be some strikers may be made available.

It's a joke we've reached this stage of the season and still seem to be praying a deal just appears in front of us.

May fell out of favour in February at Aberdeen. Have we been failing to get a deal for him done since then? Or have we waited until July to move for him and ignored other options?