Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Just now, red23 said:

so, Championship for St Johnstone?

Will we be playing a fired up Celtic every week?

Let's not pretend the other 10 sides are capable of tearing teams apart to that degree.

5 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

WAP taking it well I see.

We were always getting pumped today. 

Our season starts next week. Let's see how we fair against the rest once we bring in a proper striker or two.

There is not a striker in the world to cancel out the calamity that is our defence 

After being the whipping boys of these boards for two and a half weeks it's a pleasure to hand the baton over to our meh-tes.  Recency's a powerful thing.

Hopefully it's not just a 24 hour hiatus. 

4 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

Thinking positively, Tommy Wright's pre-match comments on the radio were promising. There still seems to be a reasonable chance that Stevie May will be a Saints player soon.

What exactly did he say? Missed it. 

All I seem to be doing in match threads at the moment is saying that wasn't good enough and the same applies today, which is clearly stating the obvious. No one that started came close to an acceptable standard. Ali McCann came on with nothing to lose and at least made himself noticeable. 

Make no mistake, Tommy Wright is in trouble here. Not in terms of imminent danger to his job but this squad he's assembled is well short and just a striker might not cut it.

He doesn't want Anderson, is trying to force McMillan out and suspect his patience with Callachan might have run out at half-time. But we need more numbers not less and just how much business can you do at this stage without looking a bit desperate? 

With a good defence you've got a solid platform to build on.  That is where my current concern lies as at present we have the worst performing back four during Tommy's reign by some distance.

Hopefully we just need time to get it sorted, but I have to say my early impressions of the honey monster are that he's going to have to show a marked improvement or we'll continue to struggle. I guess next week is a fairer match in which to assess him.

McCann did fairly well, at least tried to keep possession, and great to see Drey doing the warm up and joining the possession games before the match.

31 minutes ago, Radford said:

What exactly did he say? Missed it. 

Jonathan Sutherland: ''Will Stevie May be back in Perth this summer?''

TW: “I think he is in Perth most Saturday nights, goes for a meal and a few drinks so I would imagine he’ll be in Perth at some point tonight.''

Jonathan Sutherland: ''You know what I mean though.''

TW: ''Well, I don't.''

Jonathan Sutherland: ''Signing for St. Johnstone?''

TW: ''Well, you should have asked that in the first place. I don't know, I actually don't know. I'm just having a bit of fun with you.''

Tommy being coy as usual and perhaps we shouldn't read too much into it, but it's remarkably different from the ''deal is dead'' statement of last week.