Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

2 minutes ago, nelsjfc said:
56 minutes ago, Steve McQueen said:
The latest tv fixtures got me thinking as to when we would have been on TV game that i watched? Given I go to all home games I havent sen us on tv for ages.
Maybe Hibs on a monday night before they were relegated?

Ironically we'll be on TV a lot more next season if  the doom & gloom merchants are right.

I was surprised how many away games last year I found streams for. Up until recently it was just the old firm games but last season nearly all games I was at I picked up.

Yes, the availability of Saints TV and the reciprocal deals with other clubs that use the platform has no doubt resulted in a boom in pirated streams. 

At least we're guaranteed about 40% of the Sportscene coverage on the first day of the season. 

25 minutes ago, ravabelli said:

I’ve heard number 1 on your list is the issue but there’s a fair chance it’ll still happen 

3 for me, but I agree with your point about the deal still happening. Funnily enough, I get a bit more hopeful when another day goes by (and he's still not signed for anyone else!!).

1 hour ago, ravabelli said:

I’ve heard number 1 on your list is the issue but there’s a fair chance it’ll still happen 

Considering how it went last time, I'd be surprised if we'd started talks with him again without it becoming public knowledge. 

I also feel like the longer it goes without talks restarting, the less likely the whole deal becomes. 

So as of just now, I'll be amazed if we sign him.

53 minutes ago, Billy Budd said:

3 for me, but I agree with your point about the deal still happening. Funnily enough, I get a bit more hopeful when another day goes by (and he's still not signed for anyone else!!).

I’ve heard 2 and 3 from different people, and that 1 wasn’t an issue in the slightest. If anything, 1 was a driver to make the deal happen!

Wright has given a 9 minute interview on saints tv where he’s trying to reassure fans about the squad, and that thing are happening. He has a list of strikers - options he calls them - but gives no indication of how close things are. He’s clearly still frustrated that the May deal collapsed and that the press got a hold of it. He has take some of the blame for that though - he was the one who gave an interview in Northern Ireland saying he wanted him desperately, then Brown released a statement saying they’d go the extra mile to bring May in. It was then leaked to the press - presumably by Wright - that he’d be signing over the next couple of days last week. 

if Brown has changed the terms of the deal after an agreement is in place then it’s on him and the club to honour the deal he made with May. I’ve never seen our support base as despondent as they are right now. Easy fix lads - stop fucking about and get the May deal over the line. 

17 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I’ve heard 2 and 3 from different people, and that 1 wasn’t an issue in the slightest. If anything, 1 was a driver to make the deal happen!

If Broon was the issue, I doubt TW wouldve held back in moaning about it. 

1 minute ago, The Real Saints said:

I feel like Radford’s maybe developed a bit of a cynical mindset in recent days.

It's the annual emergence of Sadford.

3 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

It did have an overly positive outlook to it, but I don’t know what else you would expect him to talk about? He’s given the players a bit of a hard time this pre season at times, and been quite negative and surly, so I actually thought that was a nice change. 

His hair is also looking very good for a man of his age. 

I’m not really sure we learned anything from the interview though. We’ve either heard if all before in the press or in previous saints tv interviews. 

At least the club have now acknowledged and addressed the negativity among the support without pointing any fingers which I suppose is one thing that came out the interview. He also said he’d be happy with the squad once he’s added ‘a couple more’. Hopefully means that, on top of a quality striker, another quality player is on the way too. 

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

If Broon was the issue, I doubt TW wouldve held back in moaning about it. 

Story I’ve heard was that it was his agent being a greedy fucker after all had been agreed and it’s him that fucked it up but that it could still well happen 

16 minutes ago, ravabelli said:

Story I’ve heard was that it was his agent being a greedy fucker after all had been agreed and it’s him that fucked it up but that it could still well happen 

That's been the most popular story over the last week. As time goes on more people suggesting both sides are to blame.

Edited by RandomGuy.

6 minutes ago, ravabelli said:

Came from a reliable source, no wind ups

*shrugs shoulders*

literally been hearing conflicting stories from "reliable sources/folk close to club/folk close to deal" for the past week.

Apologies if I'm coming across a bit harsh, it's just a bit scunnering to get these stories so regularly but to never actually get the player.

2 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:
9 minutes ago, ravabelli said:
Came from a reliable source, no wind ups

Source talking rubbish

The Vine bit? Or the bit about it still might happen?

So I keep hearing the same line from Tommy that I just don't understand.

"We knew we were going with a smaller squad this year but with better quality". Sorry Tommy, but what? We've brought in two squad players and being told we only have budget for a striker. It doesn't add up.

Maybe Broon's realised we miss the wee diddy Dundee clubs and the only way to get our derbys back Is to get relegated.

1 minute ago, perthsaint1977 said:
6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

All I will say not one person on here has posted the correct story in relation to why it didn't happen

here's your chance to fix that..... 😉

2 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:
7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

All I will say not one person on here has posted the correct story in relation to why it didn't happen

I'm not expecting exact details, but was it the type of issue that could be easily resolved? Or has whatever happened killed the whole thing?