Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Just now, Templar said:

Let me distract you for a moment My team prediction for tonight's game.

Duffy to replace Anderson

Callachan to replace Wotherspoon (injured)

Kennedy to replace Swanson

lineup.png

Theres absolutely no need to play those three central against Brechin, who'll likely be sitting in.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Theres absolutely no need to play those three central against Brechin, who'll likely be sitting in.

In my opinion we will not play 3 at the back in the league and particularly our first game. Therefore lets get our formation and start to play it. Tonight is an ideal opportunity for our fullbacks to get forward

7 minutes ago, Templar said:

In my opinion we will not play 3 at the back in the league and particularly our first game. Therefore lets get our formation and start to play it. Tonight is an ideal opportunity for our fullbacks to get forward

I see your logic, but I'd rather we just went out and tried to win the game and got some goals in us, as its not as if, even if we line up the same way, we'll be playing the same against Brechin as away to Celtic, so theres not much to be learned.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I see your logic, but I'd rather we just went out and tried to win the game and got some goals in us, as its not as if, even if we line up the same way, we'll be playing the same against Brechin as away to Celtic, so theres not much to be learned.

OK what would your team be for tonight?

2 minutes ago, Templar said:

OK what would your team be for tonight?

6 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'd be going as close to Sundays team as possible for this, the first half hour performance deserves to give them another chance.

No idea what's the best thing to do with Duffy and Anderson, Anderson was very poor so Duffy deserves a chance, but it would feel unfair to only drop Anderson.

Kane should probably start regardless of what happens with May today, he needs to score and get the miss v County out his system or itll hang over him all season, especially if he barely plays from now on in. I'll be gutted if May isnt even on the bench though.

1 minute ago, Over the Road said:

Rumour at work of May at Dens at the moment, don't really want clarification of this but if anyone's seen anything in that direction........ 🤔

McPake admitted defeat on it this morning.

3 minutes ago, Over the Road said:

Rumour at work of May at Dens at the moment, don't really want clarification of this but if anyone's seen anything in that direction........ 🤔

Don't believe this in the slightest, but I'm all for another Saints meltdown if you lot are up for it lol.

1 minute ago, Over the Road said:

Hope that wasn't a smoke screen and Vine being a p***k (well, bigger than normal)

I wouldn't worry.

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

Quite the emotional rollercoaster on this thread

This is St Johnstone. Do you understand why I'm like this now?

On 17/07/2019 at 18:22, Valentino Bolognese said:

Not sure I totally agree. Unlike Paton I think there's enough of a player in Callachan to be a utility Davidson. Only just mind. His touch can be poor but his distribution can be impressive at times. He doesn't always seem to be in the right place though. Anyway the jury is still out for me. 

21 hours ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

Really then Saints can't have very good negotiators can they ? The deal was done last week 

21 hours ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

Really then Saints can't have very good negotiators can they ? The deal was done last week 

Agree with all the other comments. McCann was the better of the 2, and Davidson only really came to life when he got forward. He did well in his usual role of winning balls in the air though. 

Having had time to calm down a bit I'm still as frustrated. No excuses but that pitch was a factor. Time after time our touch players (particularly MoH) really struggled with the ball sticking when they were trying to play little lay-offs. It was noticable how much harder and quicker the passing was by Montrose. Also, it seemed a really narrow pitch to me so I'm not sure that 5 across the middle helped us. We seemed to get tangled up trying to go through the middle with too many bodies (like a rugby game at times), we had nothing out wide because we couldn't get behind or run through their (very good) full backs. And long ball wasn't an option as they always had 2 on Hendry who couldn't do the hold-up play a la Tony Watt. 

Out-played, out-fought and out-thought all over the park really. 

edit: Also their substitutions were more impactful. They took off the tall target man CF that to be fair Kerr was dealing with pretty well, and started to push wide through the channels more, particularly the Swanson/Tanser weaker side. It was staggeringly obvious how much MoH was tracking back compared to Danny. Obviously we had nothing on the bench that gave Tommy options.