Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

The season ticket queue was a mess, tbf. First turnstile bit you reach, and it was queued from there into the car park. 

Fortunately I just walked past and virtually straight in with my phone, but I just made kick off. Assume a fair whack of folk missed it.

2 minutes ago, TommyDickFingers said:

At least we now know which member of the coaching staff deals with the strikers...

2 minutes ago, Steve McQueen said:

Was the 1st queue cash only?

I always see at the east stand folk will stand at the 1st set of turnstiles rather than walk up to the next empty ones.

Season tickets only I got told.

I went to the second set, turnstiles were cash only and there was a boy with a scanner letting folk in the fire exit.

It wasn't well organised at all in terms of telling people where to go.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Season tickets only I got told.

I went to the second set, turnstiles were cash only and there was a boy with a scanner letting folk in the fire exit.

It wasn't well organised at all in terms of telling people where to go.

Just to put your mind at rest , walked up to the turnstile. ticket got scanned gate opened no problem>

People in Perth seem to stand in a  Queue? half time went for a pish, Queue people queuing for pies, etc etc  and the toilet ? just ask pie or piss FFS     

2 minutes ago, Center half said:

Just to put your mind at rest , walked up to the turnstile. ticket got scanned gate opened no problem>

People in Perth seem to stand in a  Queue? half time went for a pish, Queue people queuing for pies, etc etc  and the toilet ? just ask pie or piss FFS     

I've literally no idea what this means

Where to begin: 

We had very little creativity and non-existent passing through the midfield. County outplayed us there with some good first time passing.
For the most part our tactics were to punt the ball up the park and make it 50/50 and hope we won the knock down or second ball. Not good enough.

Clark at times, I feel he is too slow to release the ball and reluctant to give it to his back four. Do we have no confidence to play it from the back?

Anderson has been a great servant to the club but he is finished and Tommy knew that last season when he loaned him out.

Kerr has gone backwards in his development. Is it the captaincy, can he not do his own job well because he is worrying about his Captains duties. Or does he need an old head beside him to bring on his development. I think Kerr and Gordon will do ok but it is a very young pairing with very little experience. Ok may not be good enough. I have said it before; we need a mature centre back to hold the defence together.

The midfield is what it is, all our creativity is out wide which has produced very little this season. Swanson needs to go.

Up front we have nothing: Two young boys who try hard but fail to do their job, score goals.

Like most, I can see this being a long season. Last night no clean sheet, no goals from open play and very little football back to front. Yes the first 20 mins we created chances but we failed to take them.

We need a striker and centre back ASAP. We can’t keep a clean sheet therefore we will need to score at least 2 to win so with this squad will not win many games.

Winning against lower part time clubs Brechin and Forfar does not make our squad better, we like County should be scoring 4 and keeping a clean sheet

Just now, Templar said:

We need a striker and centre back ASAP. We can’t keep a clean sheet therefore we will need to score at least 2 to win so with this squad will not win many games.

The manager has, again, name checked a defender and striker as players that "talks are progressing with".

I do feel like a striker is a bigger need at the moment. We win that game yesterday if we have someone to finish the chances. As soon as we concede a daft penalty the whole team went in its shell (how often did Davidson get beyond the strikers second half?) to try and protect what we had, as they seem to be subconsciously aware we struggle to score.

It causes us to he too open in attack then too defensive after we concede.

TW also confirms Vine was at the Montrose game with Broon aswell 

2 minutes ago, hamicle said:

Do we actually have someone specifically coaching the strikers?

If we do he is not very good. It's probably a goal keeper or a defender.

Have a feeling that when McLean was there the younger players learned from him. Now that he has gone, we do not have anyone.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

The manager has, again, name checked a defender and striker as players that "talks are progressing with".

The manager needs the players ASAP. There may be over 5 weeks to the window closes but in that time we are out of the league cup (against much weaker opposition) and could be sitting at the bottom of the league with 4  league games played. He has known since May and stated a striker was his number one priority now near the end of June "talks are progressing". How does Tommy (the club) scout for a striker? I do not think he does. Is it a case, wait and see what agents approach him with a player that is available. I am getting near the squeaky bum time as the first league game is approaching fast. I'll be patient but time is dragging on.

18 minutes ago, Templar said:

The manager needs the players ASAP. There may be over 5 weeks to the window closes but in that time we are out of the league cup (against much weaker opposition) and could be sitting at the bottom of the league with 4  league games played. He has known since May and stated a striker was his number one priority now near the end of June "talks are progressing". How does Tommy (the club) scout for a striker? I do not think he does. Is it a case, wait and see what agents approach him with a player that is available. I am getting near the squeaky bum time as the first league game is approaching fast. I'll be patient but time is dragging on.

Our season now starts at home to Livi, IMO. 

That's the 10th of August, ideally you have players in a week before to integrate.

If we dont have a defender and striker signed the end of this week, we riot.

4 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

From what I seen yesterday I'd say that if McKay was playing for you you'd have won that game, your squad is screaming out for a decent striker and centre half.

We already have a decent CB, he's injured for another 2-3 weeks, we will have a striker in in the next week, all is rosy imo.

8 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

From what I seen yesterday I'd say that if McKay was playing for you you'd have won that game, your squad is screaming out for a decent striker and centre half.

Give this man a coconut. I think a lot of what we saw yesterday is roughly what was happening to us all last season. Should've been out of sight, concede a goal, go to bits and end up losing the game. The number of gilt edged chances that we miss is incredible and we were cut open so easily for both goals.

As much as I like Gordon, I think we need the security of another centre half. We need better than what Anderson now gives us.

2 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

We already have a decent CB, he's injured for another 2-3 weeks, we will have a striker in in the next week, all is rosy imo.

Is that Liam Gordon? I haven't seen him play much personally tbh. are Stevie May talks still ongoing or is that pretty much dead in the water?