Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Wouldn't be the first time.
If it's a permanent deal I can understand why he wouldn't want him to come here. If it's a loan, he can't play against Aberdeen but can against Aberdeen's main rivals. 
May has 2 years left on his contract. If he doesn't want to move to a particular club then he can just sit on his arse and continue to collect his wages. Don't see that McInnes has much say where he goes if he really wants him off the wage bill.

I appreciate the ship has sailed but having Joe back would make a massive difference. Sentiment aside we can’t be relying on Ando IMO. An injury to Kerr and it could be a disaster. Throw the book at getting him and May back, two gambles worth taking for me.

1 minute ago, The Woolshed said:

I appreciate the ship has sailed but having Joe back would make a massive difference. Sentiment aside we can’t be relying on Ando IMO. An injury to Kerr and it could be a disaster. Throw the book at getting him and May back, two gambles worth taking for me.

Shaughnessy wouldn't even be a gamble. He's as close to a sure thing as we can realistically expect. I haven't seen him linked with anyone all summer, nor does he appear to be in anywhere training. Strange situation.

2 minutes ago, The Woolshed said:

Does anyone know where big Joe is right now? He must be doing pre-season with a club.

15 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Agree. When Celtic fans get upset that I like it when they get knocked out, after they've exhausted the "should be supporting Scottish teams in Europe" argument and go onto the fact that we get £300k or whatever, it's a struggle to get them to understand that if you get given £10, but everyone else gets £100, you're actually poorer!

I've never understood why it upsets them either.

I cant see McInnes being petty enough to refuse to sell him to us, tbh. Never really struck me as that sort despite how I joke about him.

Shaughnessy would be perfect but i get the impression hes whoring himself down South and would only return to us if we cant get anywhere else by the time the window shuts.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I cant see McInnes being petty enough to refuse to sell him to us, tbh. Never really struck me as that sort despite how I joke about him.

Shaughnessy would be perfect but i get the impression hes whoring himself down South and would only return to us if we cant get anywhere else by the time the window shuts.

Yes, regarding McInnes, I think it sounds a bit of a stretch as well to be honest. However, I could see him preferring May not joining Saints. Out of the supposedly interested teams, Saints would be the ones most likely to battle Aberdeen for a top six place going by recent seasons, we take points off them most seasons, and if May signed with us and was a success, after DM failing to get the best out of him, then it would be more high profile than if he did well a division below where the poorer standard of opposition could be given as a reason.

Again, can't think this would be a strong enough feeling for him to prevent Saints from doing business with Aberdeen though.

Went along to the match last night. Been to a few matches before so know the basis of your team, and honestly could not give anyone pass marks (surprise surprise considering you've just lost to Montrose). Yes the pitch can be blamed but the first touch last night was atrocious, and the passing ability was really lacking.
Tanser and Foster were beaten far too easily by part-time players, actually thought that Duffy (sp?) had a better game than Kerr, considering he's just come into the side. All Swanson seemed to try was to knock it past his man, perhaps a sign of low confidence, no creativity there at all. Davidson put a few good challenges in but again was technically poor. Callachan and McCann were passengers throughout the game. MOH tried to be the spark but end product was poor (as seems to be the theme for him in recent seasons). Hendry was crucified by the system you were playing, but should probably be doing better if that's who you're sticking with throughout the season.
As for the Stevie May talk. Do you really think he is the be all and end all? Take it from someone who watched El Bakhtaoui ruin his reputation at Dunfermline last season, it's not always best bringing back club heroes.

3 minutes ago, parxyz said:

Went along to the match last night. Been to a few matches before so know the basis of your team, and honestly could not give anyone pass marks (surprise surprise considering you've just lost to Montrose). Yes the pitch can be blamed but the first touch last night was atrocious, and the passing ability was really lacking.
Tanser and Foster were beaten far too easily by part-time players, actually thought that Duffy (sp?) had a better game than Kerr, considering he's just come into the side. All Swanson seemed to try was to knock it past his man, perhaps a sign of low confidence, no creativity there at all. Davidson put a few good challenges in but again was technically poor. Callachan and McCann were passengers throughout the game. MOH tried to be the spark but end product was poor (as seems to be the theme for him in recent seasons). Hendry was crucified by the system you were playing, but should probably be doing better if that's who you're sticking with throughout the season.
As for the Stevie May talk. Do you really think he is the be all and end all? Take it from someone who watched El Bakhtaoui ruin his reputation at Dunfermline last season, it's not always best bringing back club heroes.

He might not be the be all and end all but he at least has some ability, puts in the effort and is willing to have a shot at goal, more than either of the strikers we have at the moment. 

Agree with your match summary - yesterday we were crying out for someone to grab the game by the scruff of the neck, control the game and motivate the others as absolutely nobody looked interested (including Tommy Wright). 

Quite simply, not good enough. 

Foster immediately turned down the tunnel on the final whistle and looked like he was ready for a rumble. Be surprised if there wasn’t a few heated discussions after that debacle
Like this?