Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

35 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

You boys need a striker desperately.  Whoever was upfront on Friday night was honking.  Only Wetherspoon looked impressive and he's usually shite.  That Callahan boy needs back in the Championship/League One.  He got completely bodied by Dave Carson.

Think that was McMillan up front on Friday night. One of my friends who was at the game said as much - just abysmal.

Can't say I'm particularly fond of Callachan either. He's an alright squad player but I'd worry if he was a regular starter.

19 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Can't say I'm particularly fond of Callachan either. He's an alright squad player but I'd worry if he was a regular starter.

Absolutely nowhere near good enough for St Johnstone unfortunately. You can't be a Prem League midfielder with a touch as bad as his. For as much as we have loads of Central Midfielders on the books I don't think the quality level is particularly high. Hopefully the two young guys can really step up!

Just now, Broon_100 said:

Absolutely nowhere near good enough for St Johnstone unfortunately. You can't be a Prem League midfielder with a touch as bad as his. For as much as we have loads of Central Midfielders on the books I don't think the quality level is particularly high. Hopefully the two young guys can really step up!

I was encouraged by McClean's performance against Morton in the deeper role. Certainly better on the ball than Callachan, although he did give it away a few times when trying to get the ball forward. I'd persist with him over Callachan personally.

1 minute ago, Goran said:

At least Brogan the fucking Beagle had a cracking time at Scone Palace. 

Bring back Super Saint! (Or was it Super J?)

The event he was at was about three weeks ago now.

1 hour ago, Fife Saint said:

Potential for an epic, mid-90s style, championship next year when we relegated to join both Dundee and United in the wee leagues.

dont be so utterly ridiculous

surely one of them will pass us as we go down...

Let's not make excuses by claiming hes somehow financially beyond us. If he signs elsewhere then that's on Steve Brown.
There is every chance he could be financially beyond us. How would you know what him or Aberdeen are demanding?