Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I think everyone will cop it if this happens. May will ruin his legacy (and I'm afraid to say I hope he's a complete failure) and fans never need much reason to go after Steve Brown, who only ever seems to make one step backwards after taking one forwards.

What a fucking shite situation. 

I know we've said it all before but Saints PR is absolutely fucking terrible. The eve of the start of the new season and the club have managed to create a fog of negativity around McDiarmid Park that only we could manage.  No promotional tweets, hardly any videos on social media, no creativity and no buzz.

I'm fairly sure even if we managed to sign bloody Stevie May and big Danzell it would appear on the footnote of an article about Liam Craig getting injured or something.

Maybe I'm being harsh but they make absolutely no effort to get the fans interested. 

Aye, TWs comments today seem to confirm theres no signings coming in.

Probably reading it wrong, but it's as if hes not allowed to sign anyone until more players sold.

Unreal.

They've created a shitstorm by building the hype themselves, TW probably just trying his usual PR to strong arm Brown into releasing more funds by mentioning May. I genuinely dont think they understand quite what they've done, especially if we struggle in the group while May signs for Dundee.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Scott Burns, who is reliable, especially with Aberdeen stories, reporting Dundee will sign May on a permanent deal. 

Steve Brown refusing to move further on the deal, assuming that's because we have 22 players and hes absolutely dense as f**k. 

If/when Dundee sign May on a permanent deal, he'll have to do a hell of a lot to do to recover that situation. May might be an expensive failure, but sometimes you have to gamble on that because the alternative is driving a wedge between the supporters and club. I suppose hes too stubborn to believe hes wrong though.

... screenshot since folk dont like the The Sun...

Screenshot_20190716-071357_Chrome.thumb.jpg.8e75a49dccf4977d24ab594e55e83ff8.jpg

Edited by RandomGuy.

I thought 24 was quoted as the magic number...Embarrassing!

We either have real money issues or being tight as f**k.  I don't think there is a middle ground here.

Honestly if we were expecting a 15 goal striker or a striker with potential to get that for less than £3K a week then we are living in cuckoo land

16 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

I'm all for prudence but....

I'm not even sure it makes financial sense to not sign him.

Big fee and big wages, but you'll sell an absolute f**k tonne of merchandise (if you could be arsed making it, I suppose) as fans still idolise him, while theres definitely people who'd respond to an ambitious signing by getting season tickets/coming to games to see how he gets on. The alternative is that hes fucked off a section of our support who'll now refuse to go.

Hes so fucking obsessed with money its unreal. It's a prophecy that his unwillingness to dip into the "safety net" is going to be main reason we actually need to use that money.

1 minute ago, Shaggy Jenkins said:

I thought 24 was quoted as the magic number...Embarrassing!

We either have real money issues or being tight as f**k.  I don't think there is a middle ground here.

Honestly if we were expecting a 15 goal striker or a striker with potential to get that for less than £3K a week then we are living in cuckoo land

Considering the managers record with strikers, I'd be stunned if second choice behind May wasnt an absolute fucking huddy.

Another season utterly reliant on midfielders scoring goals for us. What could go wrong?

Edited by RandomGuy.

Just now, Honest Saints Fan said:

Saying he needs to get rid of players though .

This is what's annoying me the most. 

Does this mean, if nobody wants McMillan for instance, we wont be signing another defender?

This is now past the stage of concern for me. 13 senior players fit for our opening game of the season and he’s in the press saying we need to ship a couple before we can bring in any? Absolutely ludicrous and if thinks it’s the best way to force Browns hand, he’s alienating large sections of the support which will get to a beyond reparable state IMO. We need an announcement to change this feeling. Clark or Kennedy contract extension would be a good start.

Just now, Kyle said:

This on literally the first day of the competitive season. :lol: 

I was considering making a mad dash after work to go now, but this has absolutely fucking scunnered me.

I'll see how I feel on Sunday too. Might just wait until the league starts up to go.

6 minutes ago, The Saintee said:

MOH as main striker this season it is then.

I hope not. He is a winger. He cannot hold up the ball and is hopeless in the air 2 skills required by a striker