Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

14 hours ago, Kyle said:

We don't have many youth players either! We can still field a reasonably strong side but we'll probably only have 4 or 5 of a bench. 

Anderson and Kerr will have to play 90 minutes again, unless Duffy plays in the middle now. Given that neither Duffy or Gordon got off the bench on Tuesday night, I thought they'd be coming in for Anderson and Foster.

Davidson and McClean both played 90 as well, so I'd assume they'll be benched for Craig and Callachan. One of O'Halloran or Wotherspoon will probably come out for McCann to get a run as well. Maybe something along the lines of;

Parish

Duffy Kerr Anderson Tanser

Callachan McCann Craig

O'Halloran Hendry Swanson

Any more injuries in defence or up top and we're really struggling though.

I would pair Duffy and Kerr in defense. Duffy can play there. If Liam is out for 6 weeks (8 games) this is the ideal time to give them 90 mins together. For me Anderson a club legend, his contribution is limited and should be used only in an emergency.

I think the folly of a small squad is beginning to raise it's head with our injuries and the season has not yet started. I do not know where the money will come from, but I believe, we still need a Striker, a centre half and cover at full back.

I know other clubs have tried it but, I hope Tommy does not try to save money by attempting to convert a winger;  Kennedy, O'Halloran, Swanson or Wright into a wing-back. Or a defensive midfielder to a centre back. At this moment in time our defense is shaky enough. 

34 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Was it Duffy that passed to the linfield boy for the second?

Yes. Been hard to build any impression of him in the 90 mins he's played so far. Imagine he'll get the full game tonight.

17 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:
47 minutes ago, tree house tam said:
I'm not wanting to write the boy off just yet......

Remember tansers early form....

Oh I do. Just not so sure shifting him about the defence is going to help him if that's the kind of mistake he's going to make. Would you have shifted Tanser into the centre when he first joined? The thought of that is making me feel slightly Ill. 

Anyway it was a forgettable friendly, it's not like a Brad McKay kind of moment. 

Zander Clark is walking about freely with no strapping or hobbling, btw.

Just seen him walking into McDiarmid. 

19 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Zander Clark is walking about freely with no strapping or hobbling, btw.

Just seen him walking into McDiarmid. 

Have you taken to just hanging out at McDiarmid Park now? 

Wont someone think of the RandomGuy? :( 

37 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Have you taken to just hanging out at McDiarmid Park now? 

Wont someone think of the RandomGuy? :( 

33 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

I hope that RG is joking because that is desperate stuff. It’s a Friday ffs shouldn’t you be at work?

My grandads funeral reception was held there today.

2 hours ago, Kyle said:

Well, I feel like a complete w****r now.

Sorry for your loss RG.

29 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Damn. Sorry to hear that RG. 

Dont worry about it, I'd have been the exact same 😂 tried to sneak in for a photo of the dugouts but couldn't find the right time, all I could see was padded seats along the wall at the front, and the supporters seats directly behind the dugouts might have a shite view now.

Other gossip was Ricky Foster didn't get on the team bus, hopped in his huge q7 and followed the bus out the grounds though. Clark was wandering about and didn't look injured at all, no idea if he got on the bus, and Gordon was wandering about with his arm in a sling. Didn't see any faces I didn't recognise.