Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

4 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

Is anyone else starting to worry about tommy and his tiny squad? He’s been saying for two weeks we need a defender in and nothing seems to be happening. The season starts on Tuesday and our window has been diabolical so far

Sounds to me like he's preparing the ground for the return of Shaughnessy.

4 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

Is anyone else starting to worry about tommy and his tiny squad? He’s been saying for two weeks we need a defender in and nothing seems to be happening. The season starts on Tuesday and our window has been diabolical so far

The transfer window still has two months to run, it's better to wait on the right one than rush into the wrong one, IMO.

If we're still in this situation when the window shuts then it's time to panic.

I'm not worried about when he signs players, as long as he does. And on that score, I'm not sure that we'll get away with running with just seven defenders. We were fortunate last season not to pick up any injuries (ignoring Easton) but can't bank on that again.

I'm sure he'll sign a left back but unless he can play in one, I think we either need another centre back or even a right back (so Duffy can play there) as well. 

Why are you saying that about Shaughnessy? @Mr Heliums

For me, that boat has long since sailed. 

1 minute ago, steviemay17 said:

we can start to properly panic when Ross County sign may and shaughnessy next week..

Shaughnessy is only being linked with one club that I can see, Dundee United 😂

Utterly fucking his career over because hes chasing the cash would be some outcome.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Shaughnessy is only being linked with one club that I can see, Dundee United 😂

Utterly fucking his career over because hes chasing the cash would be some outcome.

No doubt his camp will try and spin it that he's pleased to have done his studies this summer and waiting on the right move etc

truth is they've royally f*cked things up.

Just now, steviemay17 said:

No doubt his camp will try and spin it that he's pleased to have done his studies this summer and waiting on the right move etc

truth is they've royally f*cked things up.

Just imagine the sheepish phone call his agent/dad will currently be making to Aberdeen and Saints 😂

Either that or hes so dense he'd rather accept Uniteds offer than go back to the two clubs 

Untitled.png.906edccf8b1fb92a80fbafeebd290496.png

Find it easier to visualise these things. Ideally you'd have two options for every position, tried to separate players into such a way as its fair to judge, theres further options in some positions but couldn't be arsed going beyond three. Defence the only place we lack depth, up front the only place that lacks quality IMO.

Edited by RandomGuy.

2 hours ago, steviemay17 said:

may on the Aberdeen bench tonight....

The rumour of United has started to gain traction. Rumour goes they're offering double the wage that we are, and are offering Shaughnessy more than both us and Aberdeen offered.

17 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The rumour of United has started to gain traction. Rumour goes they're offering double the wage that we are, and are offering Shaughnessy more than both us and Aberdeen offered.

Where you hearing these rumours, chief?